Page 67 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1104
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    All New Wolverine 1 $4.99 Marvel 119,786

I was looking sales figures, then I saw this

Laura sold better first issue that many hyped DoX #1s
    Its likes shes a popular character with alot of staying power.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    No way? Hey, Go Laura! <3 (Seriously, they better friggin' give her a solo when fallen angels ends.)
    The wolverine helped.

X-23 1 $4.99 07/11/18 Marvel 93,880

x-23 did worse, but still better than many Dox #1s

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Its likes shes a popular character with alot of staying power.
    Someone at Marvel: i can't tell

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The wolverine helped.

X-23 1 $4.99 07/11/18 Marvel 93,880

x-23 did worse, but still better than many Dox #1s

Someone at Marvel: i can't tell
    Helped or not, the fact that she still sold nearly 100,000 copies (was that just the first printing, or are you counting the second?) under her own name should be telling Marvel something. The main reason the numbers declined towards the end is because other than the first arc, Tamaki simply wasn't doing anything new or interesting and was treading ground already covered by Taylor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Helped or not, the fact that she still sold nearly 100,000 copies (was that just the first printing, or are you counting the second?) under her own name should be telling Marvel something. The main reason the numbers declined towards the end is because other than the first arc, Tamaki simply wasn't doing anything new or interesting and was treading ground already covered by Taylor.
    Which was so unfortunate, really, because Tamaki really showed progress for a bit there! I kinda think editorial might have had a hand in this though, seeing as Hickman was on the rise behind the scenes; it's kinda like they didn't quite know how to fit Laura into this so her book just wound up floundering.

Really hope she gets another shot though; if the numbers were this good for past solo's imagine how it'd be now!

just first printing.

Well Marvel were already transitioning to HOXPOX status, so the solo just keep telling stories without many consequences. The numbers fell but still was a good seller

Which was so unfortunate, really, because Tamaki really showed progress for a bit there! I kinda think editorial might have had a hand in this though, seeing as Hickman was on the rise behind the scenes; it's kinda like they didn't quite know how to fit Laura into this so her book just wound up floundering.

Really hope she gets another shot though; if the numbers were this good for past solo's imagine how it'd be now!
    That entire series existence was editorial mandate, they needed to get Laura back to X-23 (and for some reason Gabby to Scout). So they canceled Taylor's ANW, and Tamaki's series prepared Laura and Gabby for the new era. At that time it didn't seem necessary to replace Taylor's book, but now it makes sense. Basically nothing happened in the X-23 series, just the name and uniform changes. It didn't connect to the X universe, not even to Logan's return. It was a preparation/filler series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    That entire series existence was editorial mandate, they needed to get Laura back to X-23 (and for some reason Gabby to Scout). So they canceled Taylor's ANW, and Tamaki's series prepared Laura and Gabby for the new era. At that time it didn't seem necessary to replace Taylor's book, but now it makes sense. Basically nothing happened in the X-23 series, just the name and uniform changes. It didn't connect to the X universe, not even to Logan's return. It was a preparation/filler series.
    Totally agree; is was just a corporate rebrand disguised as a solo. But as much as I enjoyed it, my god could it have been handled better...I mean the costume design alone? Did you read Frank Cho's development process for it? Specifically where he was so baffled at his students not being so keen on the more revealing aspects of the outfit? Ugh, so annoying!

BANNED

Totally agree; is was just a corporate rebrand disguised as a solo. But as much as I enjoyed it, my god could it have been handled better...I mean the costume design alone? Did you read Frank Cho's development process for it? Specifically where he was so baffled at his students not being so keen on the more revealing aspects of the outfit? Ugh, so annoying!
    Mike Choi designed Laura's current costume. And he did it by actually TALKING to women in Laura's age group to find out what they would wear as superheroes.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

The last ANW costume (with the bullet-proof jacket and light-armored cowl-helmet) was prime costume design.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

I didn't hear anything about that. What are you talking about?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I didn't hear anything about that. What are you talking about?
    Mike Choi---sorry, I got confused!

https://laura-kinney.com/post/172945...s-of-x-23s-new

BANNED

Mike Choi designed Laura's current costume. And he did it by actually TALKING to women in Laura's age group to find out what they would wear as superheroes.
    Sorry, you're right! But, he did seem to dismiss some of those women's criticisms and ultimately went with the more revealing designs despite their input.

Sorry, you're right! But, he did seem to dismiss some of those women's criticisms and ultimately went with the more revealing designs despite their input.
    This explain a lot, specially the early 2000s vibes from it

That's a very interesting read, but I'll never get over her losing the Wolverine name and costume for such stupid reasons

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    That's a very interesting read, but I'll never get over her losing the Wolverine name and costume for such stupid reasons
    Oh totally.

I mean...I would have settled for some kind of translation or variation of the name? Hell, even "Wolverina" would've been better than going back to X-23!