Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Hill has addressed it, and it's amazing. I recommend reading this https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/...382269952?s=21

I've just come to post it too. I'm glad he thinks it was a dumb idea and it's not going to be the theme for her!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Hill has addressed it, and it's amazing. I recommend reading this https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/...382269952?s=21
    And like that FA shot up several point

Well, we'll have to wait and see on that front. Because unless he somehow completely changes her dialogue and characterization between now and issue 2 I don't see how this is going away.

I became a big Laura fan after All-New Wolverine. Seeing her mature into a respectable hero in her own right while highlighting her growth and not leaving behind her stoicism was nice. We don't get that kind of character growth often in comics.

Then they made her X23 again, and cue the 'X23 was my slave name' memes. And now she's fully back to being an angsty antisocial violence craving mess. Between her felling like 10 years of character development being thrown out the window and the entire mess that is Psylock, I'm glad I skipped this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Well, we'll have to wait and see on that front. Because unless he somehow completely changes her dialogue and characterization between now and issue 2 I don't see how this is going away.

I became a big Laura fan after All-New Wolverine. Seeing her mature into a respectable hero in her own right while highlighting her growth and not leaving behind her stoicism was nice. We don't get that kind of character growth often in comics.

Then they made her X23 again, and cue the 'X23 was my slave name' memes. And now she's fully back to being an angsty antisocial violence craving mess. Between her felling like 10 years of character development being thrown out the window and the entire mess that is Psylock, I'm glad I skipped this.
    I don’t get this post. I don’t.

Tom Taylor had her throwing temper tantrums like a silly child. Whereas Kyle and Yost wrote her as very mature and focused young woman who wanted to rebuild her life. As did Marjorie Liue. As for 'X-23 being a slave name. I always thought that using the name was less about her than it was as a symbol of taking something that was ugly and using it to help others. And Tamaki already said she kept the name as a warning to put fear in her enemies.

And Laura was plenty social before ANW. She made fast friends Jubilee for one and even had a relationship. Anti social people don’t do that, they tend to be negative and drive off people with their toxicity Unless of course you are mixing up introverted and quiet.
    Care to show me what book that had Laura ‘craving’ violence just for the sake of it. Because the only book remember her getting a thrill from maliciously/spitefully hurting people is ANW where she actually talks about how ‘cathartic’ it was to cripple someone.
    Last edited by Mia; 11-13-2019 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Care to show me what book that had Laura ‘craving’ violence just for the sake of it. Because the only book remember her getting a thrill from maliciously/spitefully hurting people is ANW where she actually talks about how ‘cathartic’ it was to cripple someone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That was Laura as ANW. The posters assertion that she was a violence craving person before/outside of ANW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    That was Laura as ANW. The posters assertion that she was a violence craving person before/outside of ANW.
    that happened in ANX under Hopeless. You talked about Taylor and his ANW book in your original post. You said ANW is the only book where you saw her getting a thrill but this is a different book where she enjoyed it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that happened in ANX under Hopeless. You talked about Taylor and his ANW book in your original post. You said ANW is the only book where you saw her getting a thrill but this is a different book where she enjoyed it
    Don't mind Mia, they do this all the time. And every time I've asked they've never been able to produce one of those panels of Laura throwing a tantrum or acting like a roid-aging MMA fighter from ANW.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    You do realize that book was nearly ten years ago, and the situation she's talking about was even older, right?
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 11-13-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I read that and was like: you were raising your little sister girl. You are more mature than that
    And speaking of which, where is she anyway? Gabby wasn't even mentioned.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ya, I didn’t care for FA at all. A stranger basically just walks up to Laura and tells her she’s a dog who needs to fetch, so fetch for me. While Nate is a dumb soldier who needs orders. What kind of motivations are these, and who is this lady to tell Laura or Nate who they are or what their place is. It’s obvious to me the writer is just forcing them to fit into his narrative for Psylocke. Throwing away their development with little care. That he admitted the shadow line was bad just acknowledges that he doesn’t even know why she’s there. And while yes, it would make sense that Laura is sympathetic to Psylocke’s plight, that she just mindlessly follows her does not. Especially after they just barge in and in doing so get all the kids killed. Oh but she’ll make them butterflies, cause why exactly?
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-13-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And speaking of which, where is she anyway? Gabby wasn't even mentioned.
    Personaly I believe she got thrown of krakatoa after a surgar rush fuled rampage lasting several days, that destroyed the one and only love of logans life, his beer, giving beast ponytails, and annoying emma frost. Or stated the island nation of better krakatoa(we have cookies)

Also wonder if page and Laura will talk about both dating Warren.

It just felt like so much of her development was about wanting to be more than just a weapon, and to not be defined just by violence. She doesn't have to be totally emotionless or some kind of pacifist, but FA makes her out to be someone OK with just being pointed at a problem and going off on a murder quest sanctioned by Mr. Sinister. She absolutely would care about kids being used in experiments, but she didn't sneak out of Krakoa because of that. That was something they found out about after the fact.

I wasn't fully convinced by FA #1, but it's cool that Hill is engaging with his work and the fans, while still retaining a clear vision. The art was inconsistent and some lines made me wary - particularly with regards to Laura - but I thought the tone and antagonist/plot showed a lot of potential.

X-23 easily taking out Kid Cable was tight, at least. I wouldn't mind her teaching him some moves, and them developing some camaraderie. (Glad that Hill confirmed there will be no romance there!)