Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1104
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Sorry, you're right! But, he did seem to dismiss some of those women's criticisms and ultimately went with the more revealing designs despite their input.
    That's not what he said at all. For the shorts version he outright acknowledged that showing that much skin was uncharacteristic (NYX notwithstanding) and that those designs were going to be problematic and likely to become (for want of a better phrase) "briefer" under other artists, and that's specifically WHY he didn't go with the shorts look. He also points out that not allowing a female character to show some skin has its own share of problems as showing too much (IE the demonizing of female expressions of sexuality and victim shaming in cases of sexual assault). However there's nothing to indicate that the feedback he got was to not show any skin whatsoever and he dismissed it.

Frankly, I think Choi struck the right balance, as the amount of skin she shows isn't far off what's usual for her.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    That's a very interesting read, but I'll never get over her losing the Wolverine name and costume for such stupid reasons
    It didn't make sense. She didn't even know Logan was back!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    That's a very interesting read, but I'll never get over her losing the Wolverine name and costume for such stupid reasons
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It didn't make sense. She didn't even know Logan was back!
    It shows how much they care about Laura...
    The reason she lost Wolverine was stupid, the reason Gabby lost Honey Badger was even worse. 12 issues should've been enough to come up with better reasons, they didn't even try with that series.

I really wonder why hawkeye can be used by kate and Clint, but wolverine can't be used by Laura and Wolverine

All-New Member

4CC78F65-2E7C-407E-8FFB-E3843600DE4E.jpg

Just swiped this from Xce23’s insta, I think this is probably the best variation of her cowl I’ve seen, since it looks odd to me when it covers her head

For the most part I like Choi’s costume more than the Wolverine costume. It’s stylish and looks athletic. Just still ‘eh’ on the original gloves. I hated the yellow/blue, just looked like a genderswapped Logan and the cowl looked dumb on her. Grey/black was better, but lose the cowl and it looked too plain.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I really wonder why hawkeye can be used by kate and Clint, but wolverine can't be used by Laura and Wolverine
    Because shared mantles among mutants are not normal. Other than Rachel and the time displaced Jean Grey both being Marvel Girl (Rachel eventually got a new name in X-Men Gold) and obviously the time displaced Iceman, Cyclops and Beast having the same names as their older counterparts, when else have two X-Men had the same codename at the same time?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    For the most part I like Choi’s costume more than the Wolverine costume. It’s stylish and looks athletic. Just still ‘eh’ on the original gloves. I hated the yellow/blue, just looked like a genderswapped Logan and the cowl looked dumb on her. Grey/black was better, but lose the cowl and it looked too plain.
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of the funky palm gloves, but I love the rest of it. Especially when she's got the jacket with the red trim.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of the funky palm gloves, but I love the rest of it. Especially when she's got the jacket with the red trim.
    The jacket is better than the uniform Shirt, that I think is dated

Because shared mantles among mutants are not normal. Other than Rachel and the time displaced Jean Grey both being Marvel Girl (Rachel eventually got a new name in X-Men Gold) and obviously the time displaced Iceman, Cyclops and Beast having the same names as their older counterparts, when else have two X-Men had the same codename at the same time?
    Its not any less normal than the other Marvel Heroes.

All-New Member

I feel like Laura’s costumes have always been controversial in some way. I’d say her X-Force costume is the most universally liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its not any less normal than the other Marvel Heroes.
    It's much more common for non-mutants to share names. Currently there's Hawkeye (Clint and Kate), Falcon (Sam and Joaquin), Patriot (Rayshaun and Eli), Spider-Man (Peter and Miles), Iron Man (Tony and Arno), Hulk (Bruce and Jennifer), Nova (Rich and Sam), Wasp (Janet and Nadia), and a few years ago there was also Thor (Odinson and Jane), Captain America (Sam and Hydra!Steve), Rescue (Toni and Pepper), and the oldest of all, Human Torch (Jim and Johnny).

It's much more common for non-mutants to share names. Currently there's Hawkeye (Clint and Kate), Falcon (Sam and Joaquin), Patriot (Rayshaun and Eli), Spider-Man (Peter and Miles), Iron Man (Tony and Arno), Hulk (Bruce and Jennifer), Nova (Rich and Sam), Wasp (Janet and Nadia), and a few years ago there was also Thor (Odinson and Jane), Captain America (Sam and Hydra!Steve), Rescue (Toni and Pepper), and the oldest of all, Human Torch (Jim and Johnny).
    Yeah but most of those are fairly recent, like within the same era of the mutant examples you listed and thats more to do with a change in Marvel IMO

Laura fans, which do you think was the worst Laura.

Laura in All New X-men by Bendis

Laura in All New X-men v2 by Hopeless

Laura in Disassembled by Thompson, Brisson and Rosenberg

Laura in Fallen Angels by Hill

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Laura fans, which do you think was the worst Laura.

Laura in All New X-men by Bendis

Laura in All New X-men v2 by Hopeless

Laura in Disassembled by Thompson, Brisson and Rosenberg

Laura in Fallen Angels by Hill
    I'm appalled to find myself considering that Bendis was the BEST on this list. Generic teen dialogue and hamfisting her into the relationship with Warren aside, Bendis's Laura was at least more or less recognizable AS Laura.