Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Well it looks like the very sketchy x-23 wolverine and the new xmen vs magneto for mcu Xmen might have a pebble to stand on now... still 1 in 99999 chance of happening but its somting
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...wolverine-mcu/
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 09-21-2019 at 03:58 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Well it looks like the very sketchy x-23 wolverine and the new xmen vs magneto for mcu Xmen might have a pebble to stand on now... still 1 in 99999 chance of happening but its somting
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...wolverine-mcu/
    I'm taking this with a whole bagful of salt. Though the reception to Dafne Keen's performance does lend credence to the idea that Feige may see potential for her character (especially since Jackman is leaving some VERY big shoes to fill) I'm skeptical over anonymous insider reports.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm taking this with a whole bagful of salt. Though the reception to Dafne Keen's performance does lend credence to the idea that Feige may see potential for her character (especially since Jackman is leaving some VERY big shoes to fill) I'm skeptical over anonymous insider reports.
    It makes sence jackman hate the condition to be wolverine so have x-23 take over with professor logan leading the school seems fair. Focuse on xmen fox hasn't damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Gabby was shown in that slide with all the various X-Men characters who will be featured in X-Men at some point, iirc.

Which is great, because Gabby's a delight. I am hoping she gets to interact with more of the Marvel Universe.
    I’m hoping that at some point we get to see her interact with Logan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I’m hoping that at some point we get to see her interact with Logan.
    Considering Marvel doesn't seem to even want LAURA to interact with Logan, I'll be surprised if it ever happens. They've spent the last 5 or so years trying to bill them as father and daughter but when push comes to shove they don't actually want to do anything relevant with it.

Gabby was shown in that slide with all the various X-Men characters who will be featured in X-Men at some point, iirc.

Which is great, because Gabby's a delight. I am hoping she gets to interact with more of the Marvel Universe.
    Any specific clues as to which series?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Also, I wonder what they mean by this:

Marvel is said to have big plans for her as well and want X-23 in the franchise sooner rather than later.
    Also, I'm curious WHAT big plans they have. Her biggest moment thus far was taking the Wolverine cowl, and that was undermined by the way Marvel horrifically botched and manhandled her. OML stole her thunder because all the writers wanted to use HIM, so they could pretend Logan wasn't actually gone, they completely failed the hand-off of the cowl, and then they unceremoniously dumped her back into her old name when Logan came back.

Seriously, they had the PERFECT setup for Laura taking the Wolverine cowl to actually mean something. Picture if you will:

Wolverines ends with Destiny predicting that the universe could not survive without Wolverine, so she manipulated Mystique into an attempt to resurrect him, which Mystique refused to follow-through on because she's a petty and vindictive bitch. Shortly afterwards, the Multiverse implodes. Now imagine that Laura was one of the SURVIVORS. Over the course of Secret Wars, something happens that leads her to taking the Wolverine cowl for the final battle, and she performs some action that originally Logan himself was suppose to do that directly leads to restoring the multiverse. Thus, Irene's prophecy comes true: Wolverine is vital to the survival of reality, yet with a twist. SHE thought it meant Logan himself, but in the end it was *A* Wolverine. Then out of Secret Wars Laura emerges as Wolverine.

This would have allowed us to not only see her take on the cowl, but for it to actually have a real impact on the Marvel universe.

Instead we never got to see that moment, and she just randomly decides "I miss my dad" and puts on his clothes.

Laura was GREAT as Wolverine. There was a lot of interesting things they could have done with it because of their contrasting personalities and approaches. Yet it all went to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Any specific clues as to which series?
    Ha, the series X-Men that Hickman is writing. Of course, she could show up elsewhere (you would expect at least a mention in Fallen Angels as an explanation for her not being present), but I believe the slide of many characters was relating to X-Men. It's hard to Google it now for obvious reasons.

Just saw this, but I can't find anything other than this tweet about it:

https://twitter.com/ladiesofcomics/s...17265024348160

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Her biggest moment thus far was taking the Wolverine cowl, and that was undermined by the way Marvel horrifically botched and manhandled her. OML stole her thunder because all the writers wanted to use HIM, so they could pretend Logan wasn't actually gone, they completely failed the hand-off of the cowl, and then they unceremoniously dumped her back into her old name when Logan came back.
    Which wasn't even justified - she didn't learn Logan was back until the last issue of Rosenberg's Uncanny X-Men, when everyone escaped from the Age of X-Man. As such, she should've still been Wolverine until then.

Also, their reunion was off panel, which reinforces your point about writers not caring about their relationship.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-22-2019 at 04:27 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Not a bad look for Laura. Kinda a fusion of all of her outfits in a way.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

image.jpg
    Looks like the same thing

BANNED

So Laura came up on X-Men Monday. Pretty much the entire reason they put her back under the X-23 name rather than giving her a new code name was branding. Pretty "Duh," but it's not like they couldn't market the book under X-23, but have her go by a different name in the story. Also, it's funny because he's saying this at the same time Psylocke is changing her name to Captain Britain, Kwannon is taking the Psylocke name, and M is changing her name to Penance.

Also, either no one asked about Marvel dropping the ball on SHOWING her relationship with Logan/not giving us an on-panel reunion, or JDW just didn't want to answer it.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 09-23-2019 at 07:58 AM.

Yeah, they could've had her still be Wolverine, even if the comic was called X-23. It was established she hated the name X-23 during the All-New Wolverine run, so her using it again never made sense. I don't see why she'd have stopped being Wolverine without knowing that Logan had been resurrected.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Which wasn't even justified - she didn't learn Logan was back until the last issue of Rosenberg's Uncanny X-Men, when everyone escaped from the Age of X-Man. As such, she should've still been Wolverine until then.

Also, their reunion was off panel, which reinforces your point about writers not caring about their relationship.
    She learned Logan was back during the Hunt for Wolverine story which takes place before Disassembled.