Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 730
  1. #571
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XCE View Post
    And it would have made for poor storytelling. A reader who isn't invested in the relationship would wonder why there's a page in the middle of the story that has nothing to do with the plot and theme of the book. It would feel out of place and damage the pacing of the story. I mean, you see what I mean right?

    Honestly, some X-Men fans can be really exhausting because they no longer seem interested in reading a story and instead just focus on whether their favorite had a prominent role or sufficiently great "feats".
    How exactly would that make for any more poor storytelling than any of the reunions that were presented in the issue as was? The fact that these characters were reuniting after both sides believed the other to be dead was kinda the point? And whether the reader is invested in a particular interaction isn’t the writer’s concern. They’ll tell the story they want regardless of investment on the part of the reader so readers’ concern isn’t really any kind of excuse. Hell we literally spent a page on Rosenberg saying Logan was poisoned in the previous battle, something last issue never even had occur, and recapping what Emma has done, something that’s redundant for the reader as last issue told us already and this issue mentioned it repeatedly. So when it comes down to it, it’s not a matter of wasting time, Rosenberg just didn’t want to.

  2. #572
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    5,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XCE View Post
    And it would have made for poor storytelling. A reader who isn't invested in the relationship would wonder why there's a page in the middle of the story that has nothing to do with the plot and theme of the book. It would feel out of place and damage the pacing of the story. I mean, you see what I mean right?

    Honestly, some X-Men fans can be really exhausting because they no longer seem interested in reading a story and instead just focus on whether their favorite had a prominent role or sufficiently great "feats".
    I actually agree. IMHO, if they want to address X-23 and Wolverine, that should probably be done in a solo series for either character, or some story where the specific point of him revealing himself to old friends and whatnot is the main plot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    taylor was at the spider-man panel and said laura and gabby are getting a #1000 story I'm not getting the quote check newsarama bye
    With the RYV story in there, too, I going to have to check that out. Wonder if it'll get a trade paperback release?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  3. #573

  4. #574
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,408

    Default

    She lives
    IMG_20190720_175109.jpg

    FALLEN ANGELS #1
    Written by BRYAN EDWARD HILL
    Penciled by SZYMON KUDRANSKI
    Cover by ASHLEY WITTER
    On sale November 2019
    NOT ALL BELONG IN PARADISE!
    Psylocke finds herself in this new world of Mutantkind unsure of her place in it… but when a face from her past returns only to be killed, she seeks help from others who feel similar to get vengeance. Cable and X-23 join Kwannon for a personal mission that could jeopardize all Mutantkind.

    Shame kid cabel is their though
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 07-20-2019 at 02:54 PM.

  5. #575
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    12,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    She lives
    IMG_20190720_175109.jpg

    FALLEN ANGELS #1
    Written by BRYAN EDWARD HILL
    Penciled by SZYMON KUDRANSKI
    Cover by ASHLEY WITTER
    On sale November 2019
    NOT ALL BELONG IN PARADISE!
    Psylocke finds herself in this new world of Mutantkind unsure of her place in it… but when a face from her past returns only to be killed, she seeks help from others who feel similar to get vengeance. Cable and X-23 join Kwannon for a personal mission that could jeopardize all Mutantkind.

    Shame kid cabel is their though
    There needs to be at least one scene of Laura and Betsy swapping stories about Warren, and pointing out how weird it is that Betsy retroactively got Laura's sloppy seconds.

    I'm also having panic attacks over the thought of Hill trying to hook Laura up with Cable (hey, she missed out on one Summers :-P ).
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!


    Pull List
    X-23 Domino

  6. #576
    Super Member GSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Where you least expect
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Well that line up is interesting. I'm thinking the Psylocke in here is Kwannon since Betty seems to be in Excalibur as Captain Britain, either that or time travel. Anyway, I actually made a post about Kid Cable and Laura being together in the unlikely x couples thread I think, so actually seeing them on the same team is funny to me.

  7. #577
    Extraordinary Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    9,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    There needs to be at least one scene of Laura and Betsy swapping stories about Warren, and pointing out how weird it is that Betsy retroactively got Laura's sloppy seconds.

    I'm also having panic attacks over the thought of Hill trying to hook Laura up with Cable (hey, she missed out on one Summers :-P ).
    Das Kwannon

  8. #578
    Astonishing Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,391

    Default

    Honestly I’m in just because X-23 is in this series. Don’t know enough about Kid Cable because I didn’t read X-Force, I read Extermination and the Uncanny Annual.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  9. #579
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly I’m in just because X-23 is in this series. Don’t know enough about Kid Cable because I didn’t read X-Force, I read Extermination and the Uncanny Annual.
    He's like Cable, but worse in every way. Considering Laura really liked Tyke, who was worse than Cyke is every conceivable way, there might be some chemistry.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  10. #580
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,002

    Default

    I swear I've read a Bryan Hill book before but I can't remember what it was.
    "Cable was right!"

  11. #581
    Spectacular Member parker stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Avengers Island
    Posts
    168

    Default

    So, this team Has X-23, but no Honeybadger? I wonder what happened to Gabby? Maybe she's scouting? Lol!
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible Adult

  12. #582
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I swear I've read a Bryan Hill book before but I can't remember what it was.
    He did work on detective comics, batman and the outsiders, and wild storm Michael cray for DC , and killmonger for marvel.

    As for gabby shes either planning to kill kid cable if he makes a move on Laura or becoming internet famous with memes, she'd be treat on Twitter
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 07-20-2019 at 04:00 PM.

  13. #583
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    12,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    He's like Cable, but worse in every way. Considering Laura really liked Tyke, who was worse than Cyke is every conceivable way, there might be some chemistry.
    To be fair, I could see how Laura and Nate could find a lot in common that actually could work for a relationship, much like she had with Tyke.

    The main problem is that it would yet again be pairing her off with a younger version of someone she whom she knew as an adult first (I swear if they hook up and no one remarks about it I will be sorely disappointed). ESPECIALLY when the interactions she actually had with the adult version should turn her off the younger.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!


    Pull List
    X-23 Domino

  14. #584
    Extraordinary Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    9,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parker stark View Post
    So, this team Has X-23, but no Honeybadger? I wonder what happened to Gabby? Maybe she's scouting? Lol!
    She’s on the main X-Men team.

  15. #585
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I swear I've read a Bryan Hill book before but I can't remember what it was.
    what if: x-men book from last year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    There needs to be at least one scene of Laura and Betsy swapping stories about Warren, and pointing out how weird it is that Betsy retroactively got Laura's sloppy seconds.

    I'm also having panic attacks over the thought of Hill trying to hook Laura up with Cable (hey, she missed out on one Summers :-P ).
    Maybe she and psylocke? why not?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •