Page 40 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Maybe she and psylocke? why not?
    I bet she can handle both, Kid Cable and Psylocke.

I'm very much interested by Laura being fully into the darker end of the Hickman era, as that cover and Kudranski's work on the Punisher are very dark & moody. Also, Laura & Psylocke [Kwannon] has potential for a fun dynamic like Angela & Gamora (just as an example) and maybe Cable will lead to more use of ranged weapons from Laura. We'll see, but Laura could have some interesting tactical uses.

Also, Laura would need Rachel and Cable for the whole Summers set.

EDIT: And Hope!
    Last edited by Jumpyshark; 07-21-2019 at 03:25 AM.

Perfunctory, here's their twitter, for Bryan Edward Hill.

https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

I could do without brat Cable.

Edit: His summarization of Fallen Angels is "If you smash SYMPATHY FOR LADY VENGEANCE into NEUROMANCER and sprinkle some APOCALYPSE NOW on top...you’re close to the experience of this one."
    Last edited by Nazrel; 07-21-2019 at 05:17 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

These are good things to see on his Twitter page:

Laura matters to me. Her spirit. Her experience. She’s like a friend I wish I had when I was growing up. She’s that kind of warrior. Writing her and Kwannon pulls a lot of truth out of me. And they can both handle business.
    One facet of her personality that you’re excited to explore? Her kindness and empathy. People who have been hurt are often tireless about protecting others — often at great risk to themselves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    The question I have is how will he balance her development and allow her to open up more with her more introverted and taciturn personality.

Astonishing Member

Considering he's writing Cassandra cain well Laura is in good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    I saw that too. I'm very much encouraged. I think Laura has spent the past few years getting caught up in other people's agendas and plots, from Gabby to Old Man Logan. I think she's due for a little introspection and Fallen Angels could give her that chance.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Mfw they announce Laura on a new book and the comments are about who she can be shipped with:

And for the record, shipping her with another time-traveling younger version of an older man she's known for years would be beyond ridiculous.

Besides, Laura is gay so if you have to ship her with another cast member, look no further than Psylocke.

I'm re-reading Liu's X-23 and Gambit really does just go straight for those teachable moments as they face Ms. Sinister and the Pirates etc, so I wonder if Laura will be inverted into the classic Wolverine + sidekicks role when it comes to morality? She might be "ahead" of Kid Cable and Kwannon in that regard, and there is a lot of interesting shared/comparable experiences there.

Otherwise though, just some nuanced situations to face should provide plenty of opportunity for introspection and growth and there could be an interesting dynamic between the three. The proof will be in the pudding of course.

EDIT: Ha, I swear that I was also thinking that Kwannon was a way more likely bet for a relationship, especially if Hill wants to pick up/reference/improve upon on the weird Uncanny issues where X-23 was not fully formed, shall we say.

Quote Originally Posted by parker stark View Post
    So, this team Has X-23, but no Honeybadger? I wonder what happened to Gabby? Maybe she's scouting? Lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    She’s on the main X-Men team.
    I haven't read many interviews about the upcoming Dawn of X comics, so I don't know how often Gabby and Laura will rotate into the main X-Man comic togather. But I have to say that I'm happy that they wont appear togather in Fallen Angels. Laura could use some stories away from Gabby. Their act togather is getting a little tired. That's just my opinion.

I don't understand the need to start shipping X-23 with someone right away. Especially as most of Laura's fans seem to just enjoy bitching about her ships anyway. And I say this as someone who complained mercilessly about both Hellion and Teen Angel, so I know that I am guilty about bitching about her ships also.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XCE View Post
    Mfw they announce Laura on a new book and the comments are about who she can be shipped with:

And for the record, shipping her with another time-traveling younger version of an older man she's known for years would be beyond ridiculous.

Besides, Laura is gay so if you have to ship her with another cast member, look no further than Psylocke.

I wouldnt be psylock it would be psylock time displaced teenage self/clone.

Quote Originally Posted by XCE View Post

Yes, this is good.

they had to stop trying to force X-23 into time displace teen versions, and embrace her queer side

I asked Bryan Edward Hill on twitter if Laura and Cable would have the same sort of relationship their dads have, and he said
    They don’t carry old beefs. In most ways, this book is about the future.
    So shippers can make of that as they will.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I asked Bryan Edward Hill on twitter if Laura and Cable would have the same sort of relationship their dads have, and he said

So shippers can make of that as they will.
    That strikes me as over reading... profoundly.

I hate shippers in general, but if I were placing bets, I'd say the Kwannon one is more likely... though I do hate the very idea of the cable one.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 07-21-2019 at 10:36 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    That strikes me as over reading... profoundly.

I hate shippers in general, but if I were placing bets, I'd say the Kwannon one is more likely... though I do hate the very idea of the cable one.
    Who said I'm over reading? I just posted his response to the question. Either way it doesn't bother me, there doesn't even have to be a romance in the book, but if there is, I can see why people would want it to be Cable and Laura just for the irony of it and their parents. But hey, Kwannon also works. I'm just a spectator in this shipping war.