Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So..

spoilers:
    We got a bit of a retcon in X-23 #8 today. Turns out Chandler from the Four Sisters arc of ANW was the one responsible for the trigger scent. Which means he must have been on the original X-23 project at the Facility. Unfortunately that also causes some problems for Kimura's actions undermining him, unless she considered him a rogue element. Personally, I think Tamaki is just confusing Alchemax and the Facility, conflating them into one entity like she seemed to do in #7 when Laura said SHE was created by Alchemax.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I dont think its implying he made the original trigger scent. They mention it was failed, it could mean he was involved with the production of it during liu run or tried with gabby and failed.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    spoilers:
    I dont think its implying he made the original trigger scent. They mention it was failed, it could mean he was involved with the production of it during liu run or tried with gabby and failed.
    end of spoilers
    yeah but that's the point. the question is so open ended that either answer is possible. also looks like the cloaked woman won't be coming back, unless chandler was the cloaked woman, LOL.

I’m digging the art in the new x-23

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Read Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man and was like, "yup, that's the art we should still have".
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

So..

spoilers:
    We got a bit of a retcon in X-23 #8 today. Turns out Chandler from the Four Sisters arc of ANW was the one responsible for the trigger scent. Which means he must have been on the original X-23 project at the Facility. Unfortunately that also causes some problems for Kimura's actions undermining him, unless she considered him a rogue element.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Wasn't Kimura basically her own agent at this point with no loyalties to the Facility by the time of All-New Wolverine? It really seemed like she was no longer working for them and, judging by her appearance in X-Force, she wasn't exactly very loyal when her own agenda was stopped. For that matter, Chandler was no longer working for the Facility himself by the time of ANW, and, judging by his role here, he's just moving from organization to organization as it benefits him. Really do wonder how he escaped S.H.I.E.L.D. after being left hamstrung, though.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Personally, I think Tamaki is just confusing Alchemax and the Facility, conflating them into one entity like she seemed to do in #7 when Laura said SHE was created by Alchemax.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Could be. At least there are ways to rationalize it.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't know; in context it really sounds like they were referring to Laura herself. On the other hand, Laura was able to be deprogrammed from the trigger, so it did fail in the sense that it didn't resist the fixing?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Shampoozie View Post
    I’m digging the art in the new x-23
    Seconded.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

IMG_20190109_173802.jpg

They got her hair right

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Oh so spoilers:
    X-Assassin is a T-1000 designed after Laura or a human redesigned into a Laura-borg. Also I think Kimura has supposed to be a hired hand
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Read Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man and was like, "yup, that's the art we should still have".
    The Spidey-Office picking the tasty flesh off the X-Office's corpse is wack, but Diego's been doing a great job, methinks.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The Spidey-Office picking the tasty flesh off the X-Office's corpse is wack, but Diego's been doing a great job, methinks.
    He’s fine. I’ve been spoiled by Red, Uncanny, and Cabal Woodard.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Oh so spoilers:
    X-Assassin is a T-1000 designed after Laura or a human redesigned into a Laura-borg. Also I think Kimura has supposed to be a hired hand
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, that was my impression, as well. The ending implies there may be other forces at work. But Laura seems a lot more certain about what she's dealing with than Gabby. Makes me wonder if there are secrets she's keeping from Gabby and that sort of thing usually doesn't bode well.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Yeah, that was my impression, as well. The ending implies there may be other forces at work. But Laura seems a lot more certain about what she's dealing with than Gabby. Makes me wonder if there are secrets she's keeping from Gabby and that sort of thing usually doesn't bode well.
    I dont think shes hiding anything, shes just less naive and not blindly trusting the killer robot

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    spoilers:
    Wasn't Kimura basically her own agent at this point with no loyalties to the Facility by the time of All-New Wolverine? It really seemed like she was no longer working for them and, judging by her appearance in X-Force, she wasn't exactly very loyal when her own agenda was stopped. For that matter, Chandler was no longer working for the Facility himself by the time of ANW, and, judging by his role here, he's just moving from organization to organization as it benefits him. Really do wonder how he escaped S.H.I.E.L.D. after being left hamstrung, though.
    end of spoilers
    I got the impression that Kimura had usurped the Leadership of the Facility at that point, and was using it as her own private organization to takeover Madripoor.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 01-10-2019 at 06:09 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    I got the impression that Kimura had usurped the Leadership of the Facility at that point, and was using it as her own private organization to takeover Madripoor.
    That wasn't how I read it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I dont think shes hiding anything, shes just less naive and not blindly trusting the killer robot
    Agreed, don’t think she’s hiding anything

It’d be a nice twist if she was hiding something though