Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I want to eat pancakes off those goddamn abs.
    Maybe if you're a good boy/girl, the Great Pumpkin will grant your wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    In this thread, we hate dinosaurs.
    I like dinosaurs.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Spectacular Member

so i was reading the winter soldier book and marvel has introduced a hydra assassin that is a young teenage kid that is now being mentored by Bucky to no longer be a killer. this is like the third or fourth character marvel has introduced or reconfigured in the last few years to be kids raised in captivity and forced to be a killer/ do bad things and are now turning there lives around. yet not once does someone point out Laura has gone through this a long time ago and say oh yeah sure you can change your life around just look at Laura.

Quote Originally Posted by jhack53 View Post
    so i was reading the winter soldier book and marvel has introduced a hydra assassin that is a young teenage kid that is now being mentored by Bucky to no longer be a killer. this is like the third or fourth character marvel has introduced or reconfigured in the last few years to be kids raised in captivity and forced to be a killer/ do bad things and are now turning there lives around. yet not once does someone point out Laura has gone through this a long time ago and say oh yeah sure you can change your life around just look at Laura.
    I always thought it would be interesting for her to have an interaction with Nadia (Especially now since Finesse seems to have become one of her antagonists.)
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Laura's dialogue in this week's Uncanny X-Men is ... better? If only because it can be summed up with a one word answer of "yes", and "Don't make me do this, Blob." The art also seems to imply that Laura's at least skilled and smart enough to not get pummeled by The Blob like in All-New X-Men vol 2. That's a plus.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    I always thought it would be interesting for her to have an interaction with Nadia (Especially now since Finesse seems to have become one of her antagonists.)
    not only that but Nadia has that friend from the red room, i forget the name, that is living with her and she has been hanging out with Bobbi in the new series. at this point Laura should start a support group for everyone who had a terrible childhood.

BANNED

not only that but Nadia has that friend from the red room, i forget the name, that is living with her and she has been hanging out with Bobbi in the new series. at this point Laura should start a support group for everyone who had a terrible childhood.
    TBH I don't know if Marvel really has a clue what to do with her these days.

I mean at the end of the first arc of Domino, Dom says there's no one who knows what it's like to be tortured and abused in a lab from childhood like she was. Um. Hello? Remember that scary 16 year old kid that freaked you out during X-Force? Yeah, it's Dom's book, but that's still a pretty big oversight.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    TBH I don't know if Marvel really has a clue what to do with her these days.

I mean at the end of the first arc of Domino, Dom says there's no one who knows what it's like to be tortured and abused in a lab from childhood like she was. Um. Hello? Remember that scary 16 year old kid that freaked you out during X-Force? Yeah, it's Dom's book, but that's still a pretty big oversight.
    oh yeah i am well aware and fully agree with you. when you look at the last few years of marvel we have Domino/ turns out she was raised in a lab and used for experiments, we have Nadia and her friend/ raised in the red room in Russia to be assassins for the Kremlin, and now we have the teenage Rj raised by Hydra to be an assassin. with all of these cases they have the same mentality of we had a terrible childhood and were told to do bad things how can we hope to adjust and be normal yet we always point out why don't you hang out with Laura for a little while who was born and raised in a lab suffering physical and psychological damage from very abusive people and other traumas after she escapes and dispite this she has turned her life around and is one of the most stable people in marvel, at least in my opinion.

Her name is Ying. And yeah, Janet apparently has her lodging with her and Nadia. Janet and Bobbi have apparently been co-parenting the two of them. Their own words, from a script of an upcoming issue that Jeremy Whitley posted a few lines from on Twitter.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

SNIK-ITY SNIKT! Pandarifically Delusional's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    The most prolific assassin in Marvel history and a schnauzer? Um, no. Jonathan is fine.
    Wha----???!? Just kidding. Actually I was just having a bit of fun in my comment, as I recently lost our 14 y.o. Mini. But, in all seriousness, I could totally see Laura owning a Husky.
    (⊙ω⊙) My Spirit Animal is a Sloth. | PULLS: X-Men, Marauders, Beasts Of Burden, Saga | My Pinterest Tribute Page To Lily [2004-2018]: Link

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Recently finished reading All New Wolverine, never been a huge X or Wolverine fan (That's starting to change of course) but really enjoyed the series! I felt like the final issues dipped in quality though and Taylor didn't really know how to end the series. Orphans of X was my favorite arc. Looking forward to reading the new series. I suppose I consider myself a fan of the character now. Already picked up the first trade of X-Men Red mainly cause of Laura and Gabby.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Recently finished reading All New Wolverine, never been a huge X or Wolverine fan (That's starting to change of course) but really enjoyed the series! I felt like the final issues dipped in quality though and Taylor didn't really know how to end the series. Orphans of X was my favorite arc. Looking forward to reading the new series. I suppose I consider myself a fan of the character now. Already picked up the first trade of X-Men Red mainly cause of Laura and Gabby.
    If you have any interest in reading early stuff here's the timeline.

X-23 timeline up.jpg
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pandarifically Delusional View Post
    Wha----???!? Just kidding. Actually I was just having a bit of fun in my comment, as I recently lost our 14 y.o. Mini. But, in all seriousness, I could totally see Laura owning a Husky.
    See her as more of a German Shepherd owner, but yeah, any of the "can definitely **** you up" dogs works.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Ignore that heap of crap called Wolverines.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Ignore that heap of crap called Wolverines.
    Wolverines was fine up until the final issue when everyone grabbed the Idiot Ball at once to job to Mystique. Laura had some great moments, and it's where the current status quo of her relationship with Daken was established. I do wish it would have been brought up that Laura likely would have willingly helped Shogun and the others had they just ASKED. Better yet, it could have been revealed that Shogun already released her from the trigger words off-panel for that reason.

Unfortunately, it's also a HEAP of "Might-Have-Beens." There was a LOT that could have been done with her revealing to Mystique she knew how to identify her (seriously, Laura vs. Mystique's entire organization could have been awesome). And I still think they should have used the end to set her up as Wolverine by having Laura be one of the survivors of the Incursions, and taking on Logan's intended role during Secret Wars. It's also yet ANOTHER Marvel series building off plot points that were never actually shown in the books themselves (IE when and how Cornelius captured her to implant the trigger words in the first damn place).