Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I just thought about something...

Over in Captain Marvel there's a war on Roosevelt Island. Where the heck are Laura and Gabby? That's their home turf, so why aren't they involved?

GOD I hate the lack of continuity in Marvel these days...
    I assume it takes place at the same time as Age of X-Man, hence, the Kinneys are incapacitated.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    This could be raised about so many heroes for anything in NYC. Multiple Avengers alone can fly very, very fast to anywhere. Captain Marvel in particular is already pretty stuffed with supporting characters - including several Avengers - so KT could hardly have Laura and Gabby in any meaningful role for a non X-Men book.
    Very true. Still it wouldn’t be unreasonable for a quick appearance since they do live there.

You know, I had a realization yesterday. Because of the fact that they left Laura out of Return of Wolverine and the existence of Age of X-Man, we can’t expect Laura to have any kind of interaction with Logan for at least the next 6 months in spite of the fact that Logan’s return concludes in 1 issue. Uncanny basically gave away that Logan won’t return to the X-Men until after issue 11 and anything in Laura’s solo would have to be set before Disassembled until Age of X-Man concludes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know, I had a realization yesterday. Because of the fact that they left Laura out of Return of Wolverine and the existence of Age of X-Man, we can’t expect Laura to have any kind of interaction with Logan for at least the next 6 months in spite of the fact that Logan’s return concludes in 1 issue. Uncanny basically gave away that Logan won’t return to the X-Men until after issue 11 and anything in Laura’s solo would have to be set before Disassembled until Age of X-Man concludes.
    The fact Laura was largely left out of Wolverine's return — apparently she wasn't even invited to join the Hung For... teams. She only joined entirely by chance — makes me think Marvel doesn't want her connecting with Logan AT ALL even though they're perfectly content to retcon their relationship.

But that's the Modern Marvel Way: We want the end result, but we don't want to actually spend the time GETTING there.

The fact Laura was largely left out of Wolverine's return — apparently she wasn't even invited to join the Hung For... teams. She only joined entirely by chance — makes me think Marvel doesn't want her connecting with Logan AT ALL even though they're perfectly content to retcon their relationship.

But that's the Modern Marvel Way: We want the end result, but we don't want to actually spend the time GETTING there.
    Yea you can even see it in the way that she’s been portrayed. Notice how between Taylor’s take on her and Tamaki’s that the familial bond shifted as well. While with Gabby, the prospect of her and Laura considering one another as sisters remained, Laura’s narrative returned her to clone rather than daughter a narrative direction that had been in All-New Wolverine going back to the first arc. Kinda similar to how Taylor expressed Jean and Rachel’s connection as mother and daughter yet other writers just disregard it. In all honesty, I get the feeling the only reason Laura was involved at all in Hunt was because Taylor was writing that story. Anyone else and she most likely would have been entirely shafted.

BANNED

X-23 #11

MARIKO TAMAKI (W) • DIEGO OLORTEGUI (A)
    Cover by ASHLEY WITTER
    ASGARDIAN VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    X-23 vs. Honey Badger!
    But what could drive a wedge between these two sisters?
    Meanwhile, X-23 digs deeper into the shadows of a secret new organization, HARVEST!

So looks like the X-Assassin arc concludes with #10, and may just be the first crack between Laura and Gabby.

Astonishing Member

X-23 #11

Cover by ASHLEY WITTER
    X-23 vs. Honey Badger!
    Meanwhile, X-23 digs deeper into the shadows of a secret new organization, HARVEST!

So looks like the X-Assassin arc concludes with #10, and may just be the first crack between Laura and Gabby.
    Like the cover.Good they finally get some alone time. Now just invite NYX kids or New Xmen. Also dick move having old man meet normal Logan before Laura.
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 01-22-2019 at 12:42 PM.

Maybe this is why Honey Badger ended up on the Champions Reinforcement Roster? Gabby wanted to go her own way, away from Laura?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

1) That is another fantastic cover from Ashley Witter.

2) I am so ready for some classic sibling drama, especially with the dynamic shift that is Laura being Gabby's guardian too. This should be a really important arc for Gabby, and potentially Laura too.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

X-23 #11

Cover by ASHLEY WITTER
    X-23 vs. Honey Badger!

why are the claws in between index and middle and middle and ring, not index and middle and ring and pinkie?
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

X-23 #11

Cover by ASHLEY WITTER
    X-23 vs. Honey Badger!

That's a great cover. Very dramatic. Siblings always seem to clash at some point. It's just a matter of when. It looks like Laura and Gabby will endure something serious. Looking forward to seeing what comes of it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    That's a great cover. Very dramatic. Siblings always seem to clash at some point. It's just a matter of when. It looks like Laura and Gabby will endure something serious. Looking forward to seeing what comes of it.
    A part of me wants to see Gabby make a Heel Turn, simply because she'd be one of the most adorably upbeat and affable villains at Marvel. It would also make some nice pathos for Laura if her efforts with Gabby fail, as well as being an intriguing mirror-image; Laura lacked the sort of support system Gabby had, lost her innocence at a young age, and for much of her formative years knew nothing but pain and heartbreak. Gabby, however, had her innocence protected by the other Sisters, and though she experienced loss she nonetheless made it through her early years with her optimism intact. To see them diverge so radically offers a LOT of storytelling potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    why are the claws in between index and middle and middle and ring, not index and middle and ring and pinkie?

Crap, I really liked this cover but that looks weird and will drive me crazy every time I see it now

Kinda apprehensive about where the series will be going. Hope it works as a story and that the characters aren't going to be separated forever.

[Edit: Just realized that the solicit doesn't say anything about them splitting up, just that there's going to be a fight of some kind between them. Either way, hope that things work out in the end. Agree that the claws mistake is a bit on an eyesore on an otherwise really good cover.]
    Last edited by WebLurker; 01-24-2019 at 04:02 PM.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I'm of the opinion gabby needs to leave for awhile. I don't dislike the character but she does steal a lot of Laura's thunder. It would be nice to see Laura go solo for a bit