Page 60 of 74 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Just read Fallen Angels #1. Won't spoil it, but I can confirm that Laura has some nice moments in it. The story is mostly centered around Psylocke, but it's a story that Laura can definitely relate to.

In the absence of an X-23 solo title, I highly recommend it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Just read Fallen Angels #1. Won't spoil it, but I can confirm that Laura has some nice moments in it. The story is mostly centered around Psylocke, but it's a story that Laura can definitely relate to.

In the absence of an X-23 solo title, I highly recommend it.
    Eeeeeeh.... I have to give it a couple issues, because there were things in this issue that just didn't feel right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Eeeeeeh.... I have to give it a couple issues, because there were things in this issue that just didn't feel right.
    Honestly if they swaped out cable for gabby and just left her on the island, I think it would have been better. Also anyone find it hard to follow at least on the digitally version.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Honestly if they swaped out cable for gabby and just left her on the island, I think it would have been better. Also anyone find it hard to follow at least on the digitally version.
    I didn't have too much trouble following it, however I didn't like the info dump right smack dab in the middle of the issue. It broke the flow of the story and I ended up just skipping it.

I read it fast online, for I'm waiting for a paper issue to arrive from US to PL xD.
    As a matter of Laura in Fallen Angels... I like this issue and her portrail. She is different from her Wolverine version, but it's neither bad or good for me. Deffinitly different from Bendis-23! She is more of X-force(2008) X, but seems more mature in her humanity. When I've read spoilers the last page seem worse than it turned to be. The art is also good, fitting for that kind of story.
    The only thing I didn't enjoy was spoilers:
    life without Logan shadow thing
    end of spoilers. I mean, since when is this an issue?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Deffinitly different from Bendis-23!
    Except half her dialogue is Bendisy. "Peace Sucks," for starters. And the notion that Laura's only objection to being on Krakoa essentially amounts to BOREDOM ignores SEVERAL issues at odds with her past characterization.

Except half her dialogue is Bendisy. "Peace Sucks," for starters. And the notion that Laura's only objection to being on Krakoa essentially amounts to BOREDOM ignores SEVERAL issues at odds with her past characterization.
    I read that and was like: you were raising your little sister girl. You are more mature than that

Now i'm curious to see how Parcy gonna write her on his books, if we are gonna get whiplash or more of the same FA

BANNED

I never liked contraction-less stoic Laura so anything that evolves her speech is fine by me.

During ANX she spend lots of time among teens, since ANW she has younger sister. Of course she's going to catch some slang words, it’d be natural development. I have a few words in Silesian in my daily dictionary - been there once, but my colleague from work is Silesian, speaks Silesian and I caught a few words which I use daily.
    Yeah, the objection about bordom was weird, although as was said - she is a warrior, a predator. It is in her nature, not to be comfortable in time of peace. What else you think the reason should be?
    Also wonder, what would be her perfect characterization? Back to New X-Men? Continuation of All-New Wolverine?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I read it fast online, for I'm waiting for a paper issue to arrive from US to PL xD.
    As a matter of Laura in Fallen Angels... I like this issue and her portrail. She is different from her Wolverine version, but it's neither bad or good for me. Deffinitly different from Bendis-23! She is more of X-force(2008) X, but seems more mature in her humanity. When I've read spoilers the last page seem worse than it turned to be. The art is also good, fitting for that kind of story.
    The only thing I didn't enjoy was spoilers:
    life without Logan shadow thing
    end of spoilers. I mean, since when is this an issue?
    spoilers:
    Maybe they're going to dig more into this, and the circumstances resulting in this attitude later... I am also not entirely sure this is not her referring to the fact Logan got resurrected, and do to the method and nature to which it was done, she no longer sees him as the the same person.
    end of spoilers

That line could have been phrased better, but I don't think it was meant to represent boredom; more existential ennui. (and it was safety sucks, slightly different connotations.)
    Last edited by Nazrel; 11-13-2019 at 09:57 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Its ironic that Laura mentions wanting a life without living in Logan's shadow considering she's yet to interact with him on panel. Can we get some scenes first before she decides to seperate from him? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its ironic that Laura mentions wanting a life without living in Logan's shadow considering she's yet to interact with him on panel. Can we get some scenes first before she decides to seperate from him? Thanks
    She was using wolverine costumes some months ago LOL

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

"This place is too safe and mutants have never been safe, bub."
    "I want a future outside of Logan's shadow, bub."

kick me.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Yeah. It's just weird. she took up the mantle and had been Wolverine for quite some time, then Logan came back and she suddenly being back to X-23 without any real explanation or connection to Logan's return, they never interacted or reunited on panel, and the next we see is Laura not wanting to be in Logan's shadow... Fans have been complaining because they never interacted after Logan came back, and she already not happy with him? Like, what the hell happened in the meantime?

Astonishing Member

So the outside logans shadow line is a error on his part and he wants to change it for whe tpb comes out.....