Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Battle Angel Alita pre-dates X-23, yes but Alita does have some similarities with her mannerisms and Laura.For example: bad taste in dudes.
    Well I got the same impression, was a good film, and a decent adaptation but the romance plot was kind of void basically because the guy was just a random guy who Alita found attractive without a real reason and suddenly she is throwing her life away for him even ignoring the guy who really saved her and acted as her protector, no surprise that at the end he resulted kind of a jerk.

Now that the Disney/Fox merge is complete, I think it's only a matter of time before we get a new X-Men cartoon. And when that time comes, I really hope Laura is a major part of it. I'd like to see any new show take a page out of the X-Men Evolution playbook and create a situation where Logan and Laura find each other and try to become a family, all while typical X-Men issues unfold around them. Laura is in the perfect position to complement Marvel and Disney's efforts to develop female heroes. Laura checks pretty much every box. She's capable in her own right. She has her own story and struggles. She has close ties to another very popular character. I can see her playing a part similar to what Jubilee did in the original X-Men cartoon, being the main character through which the story initially unfolds. We can only hope, but I think Disney would be foolish to not recognize Laura's potential, especially after how well-received she was from the movie.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

I really do love her art.

Looks like we'll be seeing more of the Kinney-Maximoff Warped sisters. A new Infinity Warps annual series was announced and it's confirmed Weapon Hex is involved.
    https://www.newsarama.com/44433-infi...this-july.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Looks like we'll be seeing more of the Kinney-Maximoff Warped sisters. A new Infinity Warps annual series was announced and it's confirmed Weapon Hex is involved.
    https://www.newsarama.com/44433-infi...this-july.html
    Meh. I'm just waiting for post-AoXM news on main 'verse Laura.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Meh. I'm just waiting for post-AoXM news on main 'verse Laura.
    Seconded.

10char
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Awesome piece! Love them coordinating on costumes. I'd love for there to be a Wolverine and X-23 series one day, like the X-men version of a family book. I still remember how great Generations: Wolverine was. I think an ongoing or another mini would be great for both characters to reconnect.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I just wonder how Warren feels about having memories of his younger self dating and having sex with Laura who he worked with in X-Force. At first I thought he probably finds it a bit awkward. But then I remembered that this is the same guy that dated and had sex with a 19 year old Husk while flying in the sky. In that case he probably he doesn’t mind remembering that at all.

Ultimate Member

I'd guess that he has the memories of it all but none of the feelings of affection or love towards her and will just leave it at that unless someone else brings it up, besides I'm guessing that he'd be far more interested in Betsy anyway...as for Laura she'll probably be interested to find out the change that they made in her parentage...if she doesn't already know...

Laura knows about Sarah being her legit Mom. Tony told her straight at the end of Adamantium Agenda.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Laura knows about Sarah being her legit Mom. Tony told her straight at the end of Adamantium Agenda.
    That's schrodinger plot point until they expand on it past a non-sequitur declaration at odds with every facet of her creation as depicted in her origin story; based on the fraction of a second observation by someone who is not a geneticist, at the end of a story she wasn't even advertised as a participant in.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 03-24-2019 at 05:16 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Ultimate Member

My point was that didn't they change it to Logan being her legit Dad as well so that she's not his clone...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    My point was that didn't they change it to Logan being her legit Dad as well so that she's not his clone...
    Nope; (unless there's something very recent that I missed) there was just a moment at the end of Adamantium Agenda where Tony Stark said she was 50% genetically Sarah Kinney, 0 explanation. (See above comment.)
    Last edited by Nazrel; 03-24-2019 at 06:51 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Can we let the Adamtium Agenda comment/retcon/whatever go? We all know whether we like it, hate it, or are indifferent to it, and brining it up just generates arguments.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)