Page 33 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Does she always just have her claws out at moments of high emotion?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Does she always just have her claws out at moments of high emotion?
    Fan artists just always seem to depict her with her claws out in order to make her easier to identify, regardless of what she’s doing. Personally, it’s not a choice I typically like, as A) kind of spoils the mood, depending (I.e. an image where Laura is cuddling or kissing someone and has her claws out, brings a threatening element to an otherwise fluffy and sweet image) and B) I don’t think Laura is necessarily that difficult to identify with her claws out. Granted there’s a lot of characters out there with black hair and green eyes, but I think for not combat or posey images, they should find other ways to have Laura identifiable instead of overly relying on her claws.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Fan artists just always seem to depict her with her claws out in order to make her easier to identify, regardless of what she’s doing. Personally, it’s not a choice I typically like, as A) kind of spoils the mood, depending (I.e. an image where Laura is cuddling or kissing someone and has her claws out, brings a threatening element to an otherwise fluffy and sweet image) and B) I don’t think Laura is necessarily that difficult to identify with her claws out. Granted there’s a lot of characters out there with black hair and green eyes, but I think for not combat or posey images, they should find other ways to have Laura identifiable instead of overly relying on her claws.
    Based on how the hotel room looked the morning after, she does use her claws during sex, which is probably a nod to the horrible NYX child prostitute story.

Based on how the hotel room looked the morning after, she does use her claws during sex, which is probably a nod to the horrible NYX child prostitute story.
    Personally I doubt NYX was even a thought in the artist’s mind, and it was more of a way to show “this is Laura!”

Plus, the John in NYX was specifically into mutilation, it wasn’t because that was Laura’s kink. From what we saw, she never did it of her own accord with Angel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Personally I doubt NYX was even a thought in the artist’s mind, and it was more of a way to show “this is Laura!”

Plus, the John in NYX was specifically into mutilation, it wasn’t because that was Laura’s kink. From what we saw, she never did it of her own accord with Angel.
    I think he's referring to the "date night" issue of Bendis' ANX. The morning after shows Laura and Warren in a trashed room that had furniture upended and apparently clawed. Not really crazy about ANX went that route. It's WAY too stereotypical a direction to go between the goth thing and her NYX history.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 06-26-2019 at 02:20 PM.

When your life has had almost no happiness for the overwhelming majority of it, one person can make all the difference.
    That is why Laura needs friends and family, it last longer than romantic relationships

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That is why Laura needs friends and family, it last longer than romantic relationships
    Funny how that's worked out in the writing.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

From what I’ve heard about Far From Home, I hope we get to see Dafne Keen as Laura in the MCU.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-02-2019 at 10:19 AM.

Huh? What does X-23 have to do with MCU Spider-Man? If there was any mention of clones, it would probably be hinting at Scarlet Spider or Ultimate Spider-Woman.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Huh? What does X-23 have to do with MCU Spider-Man? If there was any mention of clones, it would probably be hinting at Scarlet Spider or Ultimate Spider-Woman.
    No idea, though he could be referring to the Multiverse, too.

I don’t want to spoil it. Just go see the movie and you will understand what I mean.

But if you don’t care I will put a spoiler tag.

spoilers:
    JK Simmons reprised his role as the MCU version of JJJ.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    But if you don’t care I will put a spoiler tag.

spoilers:
    JK Simmons reprised his role as the MCU version of JJJ.
    end of spoilers
    That dose give some credit to a roumer that Fassbender and her reprise there roles for the mcu xmen. She would be wolverine and it would be New Xmen members. And hope the mean new xmen not new actors.

All-New Member

There's no way they're gonna pass on Wolverine (Logan) interacting with all these characters for the first time. Seeing Pete and Logan on screen together is gonna be awesome. So I def think we're getting a new Logan. Plus Ruffalo has two more movies on his contract. Fully expect one of those to be Wolverine vs Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    From what I’ve heard about Far From Home, I hope we get to see Dafne Keen as Laura in the MCU.
    She does have a heck of audition tape to bring if she applied. Although seeing as she'd be a lot older by the time anything with the character was made, it might angle either to a time-jump if she played the same iteration for some reason (which would be cool) or a more to comics version of the character (although seeing that iteration being brought to life would be good too; I mean the scene in her second series where she meets Wolverine for the first time could be a great movie sequence.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)