Page 62 of 74 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    I wasn't fully convinced by FA #1, but it's cool that Hill is engaging with his work and the fans, while still retaining a clear vision. The art was inconsistent and some lines made me wary - particularly with regards to Laura - but I thought the tone and antagonist/plot showed a lot of potential.

X-23 easily taking out Kid Cable was tight, at least. I wouldn't mind her teaching him some moves, and them developing some camaraderie. (Glad that Hill confirmed there will be no romance there!)
    Good to know. I didn't saw any hinting to romance on the first issue, but it is good that I won't get the risk

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    It just felt like so much of her development was about wanting to be more than just a weapon, and to not be defined just by violence. She doesn't have to be totally emotionless or some kind of pacifist, but FA makes her out to be someone OK with just being pointed at a problem and going off on a murder quest sanctioned by Mr. Sinister. She absolutely would care about kids being used in experiments, but she didn't sneak out of Krakoa because of that. That was something they found out about after the fact.
    Needs more nuance and bettr character motivation for sure. Laura really stopped being murder happy

But seem slike sh eis in good hands, as Hill gonna go for a fix
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-14-2019 at 04:07 PM.

I’m glad Laura has a place in an ongoing title, I hope the entire run is not based around psylocke, from the first issue it seems like this is an xforce book without the title. Hopefully we can a little more background on why Laura is so dissatisfied with Karoka.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Some sort of resistance to the homogenized collective hive-mindset as described by the Cuckoos in Marauders #2?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Astonishing Member

Hill on Laura and cable hooking up
    https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/...804240896?s=19
    More good news

good. one less thing to worry about for me
    thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Some sort of resistance to the homogenized collective hive-mindset as described by the Cuckoos in Marauders #2?
    The Cuckoos never said that.

Maybe implied.

"I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that happened in ANX under Hopeless. You talked about Taylor and his ANW book in your original post. You said ANW is the only book where you saw her getting a thrill but this is a different book where she enjoyed it
    Here's what I wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post

Care to show me what book that had Laura ‘craving’ violence just for the sake of it. Because the only book remember her getting a thrill from maliciously/spitefully hurting people is ANW where she actually talks about how ‘cathartic’ it was to cripple someone.
    Maybe I should have specified specifically Laura's turn as ANW overall as opposed to the specific book. But I thought it would have been clear to most.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    More good news
    Nice. He's stating that it's more for propriety. As opposed to just a need to lay off the soap opera drama. That being said I hope to God he doesn't have her take up with that malignant toad Hellion.
    Last edited by Mia; 11-16-2019 at 11:13 AM.

Here's what I wrote:

Maybe I should have specified specifically Laura's turn as ANW overall as opposed to the specific book. But I thought it would have been clear to most.
    What does ANW mean?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What does ANW mean?

All New Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Except half her dialogue is Bendisy. "Peace Sucks," for starters. And the notion that Laura's only objection to being on Krakoa essentially amounts to BOREDOM ignores SEVERAL issues at odds with her past characterization.
    Thought her motivation was more of "solider needing a mission" then anything else (and "nothing matters here")?

As far as the casual dialogue, I kinda like her speech patterns being more normal after years in the real world?

Here's what I wrote:

Wasn't in All-New Wolverine; in fact, that series had her at her least violent.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

TV Tropes, that life-ruining place, described "ANW" as Laura trying to turn the Wolverine name and image into that of a Cape-type hero. For her starting yellow costume period, she was sort of that. Then they tried to turn from the Cape image by switching to a dark suit, though it was still heartwarming that part of the costume is a bulletproof jacket, because she doesn't want to over-rely on her HF to tank gunshots with.

And yes, ANW Laura was at her LEAST violent despite still seeing plenty of snikting action.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    TV Tropes, that life-ruining place, described "ANW" as Laura trying to turn the Wolverine name and image into that of a Cape-type hero. For her starting yellow costume period, she was sort of that. Then they tried to turn from the Cape image by switching to a dark suit, though it was still heartwarming that part of the costume is a bulletproof jacket, because she doesn't want to over-rely on her HF to tank gunshots with.

And yes, ANW Laura was at her LEAST violent despite still seeing plenty of snikting action.
    I don't think it's so much that Laura was trying to turn Wolverine into the Cape, but that Laura HERSELF had evolved more solidly towards being the Cape vs. Logan's Cowl.

While some might find it corny, I loved Laura's "I am" statement on the ANW issue when she drowns Kimura.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    More good news
    That's a relief. That's a ship I don't think should sail.

Laura and Cable are great characters, but I don't see how they could work together in any meaningful capacity.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.