Page 10 of 74 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

They just need to stop being joined at the hip. They're in different teams in Age of X-Man, maybe that'll continue when the secondary books relaunch afterwards. While they were together in X-Men Red, only Laura would join a new X-Men team. They could still be together in the X-23 book, but Gabby's already signed up with the Champions, so I can see her not being in any X team book at all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They just need to stop being joined at the hip. They're in different teams in Age of X-Man, maybe that'll continue when the secondary books relaunch afterwards. While they were together in X-Men Red, only Laura would join a new X-Men team. They could still be together in the X-23 book, but Gabby's already signed up with the Champions, so I can see her not being in any X team book at all.
    That could be a nice balance, giving people who want to see the characters branch out something while still having material for those who want to read about them doing stuff together.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Just wanted to share a couple of recent art pick-ups that I think you might dig.

First off, Marcio Fiorito did interior art for X-23 #5 so when he opened his commission list for NYCC 2018, I asked him to draw a cover for it. I then had it digitally colored by Jeremiah Skipper and added some trade dress myself. Turned out pretty legit, I think.

Also, I got the original cover for X-23 #7 for myself as a X-Mas gift.

Last edited by XCE; 01-25-2019 at 01:28 PM.

I'm personally not a fan of the floating heads from a design PoV, but that is a fantastic piece of art - I love the dynamism of Laura running.

Congrats on the cover art purchase, it's a gorgeous piece that will look amazing displayed.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

WHY does AoXM Laura have a southern twang?
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    AU

10 chars

Astonishing Member

Because she's the Rouge of the team

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    AU

10 chars
    that's NOT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

that's NOT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON
    I didn't say that, but at least it can be dismissed and disregarded. Just like Valley Girl Dust in House of M.

It's only if it leaches into the main verse that it's something to worry about.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

That wasn't supposed to be Logan's crappy accent?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That wasn't supposed to be Logan's crappy accent?
    That’s what I thought. Her transformation is almost complete, all we need now is for her to start smoking cigars and drinking beer.

Was definitely a better portrayal than the "grrr stab stab of Logan + annoying quipster of Gabby" that we've been getting in Disassembled/Extermination/MMX. Hopefully it continues down this "ugh this isn't Laura, but it isn't that bad in the context that this is an AU" road.

I thought the whole sitting in the chair backward was a little much. I get it its some kind of weird 50s AU but still.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I thought the whole sitting in the chair backward was a little much. I get it its some kind of weird 50s AU but still.
    I hope it at least escalates into various Riker manoeuvres over the course of Age of X-Man:

https://imgur.com/gallery/hw4t9

I think we can safely assume she doesn't have her usual upbringing, considering both love and crime aren't a thing. That would explain it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman