Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She learned Logan was back during the Hunt for Wolverine story which takes place before Disassembled.
    No she didn't.

She wasn't so much as MENTIONED when Kitty first called everyone together at the beginning of the Hunt minis. She wasn't there in the aftermath as all the teams presented her findings. She wasn't there when the X-Men discovered Logan's body was missing, and at no point was it ever established the X-Men ever even TOLD her. And she wasn't called when the X-Men when to confront him during Return (JDW, I believe, tried to handwave this as "Oh, the X-Men didn't want Laura to run off half-cocked and get in the way).

At NO POINT EVER was Laura present on panel when Logan's return was discussed. She only got involved in Adamantium Agenda by pure chance, when she ran across Tony Stark's team while independently investigating the auction aboard the sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    No she didn't.

She wasn't so much as MENTIONED when Kitty first called everyone together at the beginning of the Hunt minis. She wasn't there in the aftermath as all the teams presented her findings. She wasn't there when the X-Men discovered Logan's body was missing, and at no point was it ever established the X-Men ever even TOLD her. And she wasn't called when the X-Men when to confront him during Return (JDW, I believe, tried to handwave this as "Oh, the X-Men didn't want Laura to run off half-cocked and get in the way).

At NO POINT EVER was Laura present on panel when Logan's return was discussed. She only got involved in Adamantium Agenda by pure chance, when she ran across Tony Stark's team while independently investigating the auction aboard the sub.
    You think everyone lied to her for weeks/months? What would be the point? There are things we dont need to see that can be reasonably deduced

BANNED

You think everyone lied to her for weeks/months? What would be the point? There are things we dont need to see that can be reasonably deduced
    SHOW don't tell. None of this should be happening off-panel. It's just plain laziness on Marvel's part.

SHOW don't tell. None of this should be happening off-panel. It's just plain laziness on Marvel's part.
    IA with you but that doesnt change my point. It makes even less sense that Laura didnt know Wolverine was alive until Rosenberg's final issue. Rahne and Cypher have never had a scene since his interaction and the upcoming NM series will be their first on panel interaction but we dont need to have seen it to rightfully assume that Rahne knew he was back. I dont think everything needs to be shown for us the reader to make logical assumptions.

Astonishing Member

Two things first, audience inferring and to fix plot holes are two different things. If she was told marvel should have gave us a understandable hint, and the best we got is Logan leaving beer in her fridge during her birthday. Having to wonder if shes been told or not is a fault on marvels part, and I'll post a link to the next xmen Monday we could ask this question at hear some can attempt to get a answer

Second this is not JDW's problem. As stated mutiple times hunt and her losing the name was in the works before he was in charge. If its anyone's fault its the former x editors, all, and CB for droping this **** storm on white and soule for the convoluted embarrassment that was return. As white stated this was because marvel was doing constant short term planes and making changes on the fly without time to think. Ex rember dissembled there was no foresight and it was ****. Managment is a fault but blame the right managers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I hope that Fallen Angels will be awesome (solics are promising), but damn, those new covers are gorgeous. I love how Laura looks here. Can't wait to see how Szymon draws her in first issue.

Attachment 87309
    I stop lurking and guess what I miss. That's a nice cover. Nice that they are sticking with the Mike Choi costume. It's simple but elegant. I am really glad to see X-23 back in published form. But the proof of course will be in what form. Is she just going to be Logan in drag like Rosenberg? or will she be another boring generic white American college girl/female wrestler who likes to run her mouth, which is what Tomaki and Taylor wrote her as? I'd like to see her more of the character she was first introduced as. You don't have to make her as serious, as she was. But I would like to see the gravitas and dignity she had when first introduced.

Ive always wanted to see Laura with more Psylocke after Claremont's run. Just not this Psylocke
    Laura and the old Psylocke/Betsy Braddock, had so much in common. Having to build or re-build their lives and to let go of their past. I always thought that a relationship between her and Laura would have been great. She would have served as a great female role model.
    I'm still miffed about the unnecessary change back of Betsy. I mean really need another white babe in the X-men/MU? Really? We don't have enough already? The old B

This 'Kwannon' from what I've seen in just another one dimensional bloodthirsty woman with anger issues. And that role already seemed to be well filled by Elektra. She's redundant. Just expect to see plenty of arguments between her and X-23/Nate about why we shouldn't kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, they could've had her still be Wolverine, even if the comic was called X-23.
    That would have made no sense. At most, the book could've been called X-23 while she was mostly called Laura by friends and family inside the stories. Having a different codename on the front of the book and inside would just be really dumb, no other word for it.

It was established she hated the name X-23 during the All-New Wolverine run, so her using it again never made sense.
    It was also established during the X-23 run why she went back to that name, did you miss that part?

BANNED

So apparently Logan's daughter Rien has been confirmed to be part of the 616 continuity.

That leads me to two questions:

1) How long before she and Laura run into each other?
    2) What's the over-under on how long before Rien fades into obscurity?

Astonishing Member

So apparently Logan's daughter Rien has been confirmed to be part of the 616 continuity.

Zero and the second marvel listing to the yelling and gets soule away from all the mutants

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Ha Ha. I like how Havok83 and Ambaryerno are both right. It's obvious Laura knows Logan's back (unless Stark and Jean are a-holes) but when you read the content of the books Laura was in since he came back they're written as if she has no knowledge of it.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by XCE View Post
    It was also established during the X-23 run why she went back to that name, did you miss that part?
    One can certainly argue that it was a weak rationalization.

No idea.

Quote Originally Posted by XCE View Post
    Two years, at the very most.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    One can certainly argue that it was a weak rationalization.
    My point was that if you're going to make an argument based on what's been established, you have to accept other things that have been established. What the poster in question was really saying in this case was "I don't like Laura using the X-23 name".

The fact that her presence has flown under the radar leads me to believe that her potential is limited.

I remember when X-23 first showed up in X-Men Evolution, there were already people on message boards clamoring for more. She had an immediate appeal. She had an emotional, dramatic story. Rein has had precisely none of that and honestly, I hope she doesn't force herself into Wolverine's current family. Him, Laura, and Daken are enough.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I randomly happened upon the NYX series on MU in the middle of the night when back ache woke me up. The tone at first is really different from regular Marvel and clearly targeted at then-teenaged Millenials with a dose of social realism similar to movies at the time like Kids, though that seems to slip a little as the original artist disappears after what look like serious production delays. Obviously, from the fact I’m posting about it in here, the big surprise for me was the original appearance of Laura in comics as a borderline mute sex worker.

I’ve read the later origin series on X-23 before, but despite all the trauma we know she’s suffered, this is quite a stark contrast from character we know and love as the All New Wolverine. What do people think of her evolution from this downbeat, almost art house sensibility to a spandex clad super-punching person?

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    The fact that her presence has flown under the radar leads me to believe that her potential is limited.

I remember when X-23 first showed up in X-Men Evolution, there were already people on message boards clamoring for more. She had an immediate appeal. She had an emotional, dramatic story. Rein has had precisely none of that and honestly, I hope she doesn't force herself into Wolverine's current family. Him, Laura, and Daken are enough.
    Agreed. Also do something with these family relationships finally.