Page 37 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jhack53 View Post
    i have always had a head canon that we would watch laura over time go to top secret locations and stealing documents and then present them to Matt to use against Kingpin to finally remove him from the mayors office and put in jail but for this to work she would willingly turn herself into police because the evidence she presented to matt is for the murders she committed for kingpin. Plus it would be great for cap and her to meet again and have steve give Laura an invitation to join the avengers.
    That could be interesting; tie in a Trial arc along with the bringing down the people who hired her.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So has anyone seen any sign of Laura at all in the post-AoXM materials we've had so far other than the margins of a variant cover or two?
    none that i have seen. you would think someone who had one of the most successful solo x-books post secret wars would have a little more recognition now but apparently not. then again i read AOX-Men omega and they have Laura swearing like Logan throughout the whole series and then they have a panel dedicated to Laura saying how everyone identifies Laura only because she is a clone of Logan and can only exist in his Shadow. seriously Marvel have you not once got in contact with your fan base or even bother to read Tom Taylor or even Mariko's run of Laura? they both showed Laura as her own person who doesn't need Logan around for people to recognize her. If anything we wish Marvel would allow Laura and Logan to interact more because they are Father and Daughter and have him recognize how much Laura has grown as a person.

BANNED

God I'm glad I didn't waste money on the AoXM stuff.

Astonishing Member

Nate was trying to say "stay hear we treat you better then the main marvel u" it could have worked if she was the main POV character and extreme proment and you know had her do anything important then found guns. God I hope Hickman dosent screw her over.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Nate was trying to say "stay hear we treat you better then the main marvel u" it could have worked if she was the main POV character and extreme proment and you know had her do anything important then found guns. God I hope Hickman dosent screw her over.
    Ah, so the whole "I'm only Logan's shadow" thing was Nate trying to screw with her head?

She's probably not even going to show up... as much value she may have as a character, in relation to the x-men as a whole, she's basically irrelevant.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Astonishing Member

Ah, so the whole "I'm only Logan's shadow" thing was Nate trying to screw with her head?
    He was trying to use it as a argument to stay. But age of xmen needed togashi levels dialogue (aka only dictionaries have a higher page per word count) for it to have been done well. We need more insite to the characters mind to show why they would have wanted to stay or at least have them comment on his reasons to stay

images.jpeg

8c2c65fcc83a3bdfcda13a80ef5086322754c935r1-877-1300v2_hq.jpg
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 07-17-2019 at 01:01 PM.

BANNED

He was trying to use it as a argument to stay. But age of xmen needed togashi levels dialogue (aka only dictionaries have a higher page per word count) for it to have been done well. We need more insite to the characters mind to show why they would have wanted to stay or at least have them comment on his reasons to stay

images.jpeg

8c2c65fcc83a3bdfcda13a80ef5086322754c935r1-877-1300v2_hq.jpg
    Anyone got scans?

And I suppose it's too much to ask that Laura and Logan even LOOKED at each other in Uncanny when everyone came back to the main 'verse.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 07-17-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Astonishing Member

Anyone got scans?

And I suppose it's too much to ask that Laura and Logan even LOOKED at each other in Uncanny when everyone came back to the main 'verse.
    got to love that xmen red costume reminds me of a good team book.

Captureageofxmen.jpg
    as we know they cant show him being a parent, sure when other characters do fans love it, and it made superman the most popular hes ever been so its obviously bad because reasons.

It was weird that she and Gabby reverted to their X-Men Red costumes when they were using the ones from the X-23 solo on Disassembled lool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It was weird that she and Gabby reverted to their X-Men Red costumes when they were using the ones from the X-23 solo on Disassembled lool.
    Yeah, what the hell. Why would they be using the bland XMR suit?

Yeah, what the hell. Why would they be using the bland XMR suit?
    The artist probably just didn't read Disassembled and thought that was their most recent look.

I honestly prefer Gabby in the XMR look actually.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The artist probably just didn't read Disassembled and thought that was their most recent look.

I honestly prefer Gabby in the XMR look actually.
    Didnt this happen with dissemble art having her in a wolverine costume. It makes me think that the decision to have her go to x23 happned part way threw dissemble 1 being drawn

Yeah - and given that until now, Laura would've still believed Logan to be dead, it would've made sense for the X-23 run to just be more issues of All-New Wolverine.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Didnt this happen with dissemble art having her in a wolverine costume. It makes me think that the decision to have her go to x23 happned part way threw dissemble 1 being drawn
    The last time Laura uses the Red costume was Extermination. UXM #1-10 uses Tamaki outfit.

clean.jpg
    "Cable was right!"