Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think we can safely assume she doesn't have her usual upbringing, considering both love and crime aren't a thing. That would explain it.
    Love, crime, and mutant persecution don't exist but someone still created her in a government sanctioned torture chamber to get revenge on a character that isn't even in the universe in question.

Makes perfect sense.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Love, crime, and mutant persecution don't exist but someone still created her in a government sanctioned torture chamber to get revenge on a character that isn't even in the universe in question.

Makes perfect sense.
    He was he just died off panel. And either became a architect or plummer

Spectacular Member

Makes perfect sense.
    now now don't forget in hunt for wolverine Laura became 50/50 Logan and Sarah so now the story is these two got together before love, crime, and mutant persecution became illegal.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jhack53 View Post
    now now don't forget in hunt for wolverine Laura became 50/50 Logan and Sarah so now the story is these two got together before love, crime, and mutant persecution became illegal.
    Not exactly, Taylor said it's not 50/50, then in a artical for uncanny she dosent know if she is or not, Tamaki said clone for now I'll deal with it when I know what in the hell is going on. A best she a technical his half sister/ modified clone/ female clone but alterd do to cross contamination from being carried to term by Sarah. Rember when you got solid complete information with a story and it wasent dropped or rectoned across various media.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Not exactly, Taylor said it's not 50/50, then in a artical for uncanny she dosent know if she is or not, Tamaki said clone for now I'll deal with it when I know what in the hell is going on. A best she a technical his half sister/ modified clone/ female clone but alterd do to cross contamination from being carried to term by Sarah. Rember when you got solid complete information with a story and it wasent dropped or rectoned across various media.
    ok but still i am so not ready for another age of apocalypse/ house of M story-line. especially when it feels like they are purposefully trying to keep the X-men out of the war of the realms story-line.

Makes perfect sense.
    Logan does exist in Age of X-Man, he's just dead...

And actually, there's a bigger problem. Having read the issue, it seems that the Marvelous X-Men were brainwashed into believing that she was always there, or at least, has been for a while, when she's really been parachuted in overnight to replace Bishop. She's basically like Voyager from Avengers No Surrender! I get the feeling Laura is a plant by some villain.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Gabby made a oopsey, and might have helped skynet
    http://www.comicsbeat.com/exclusive-...-cyborg-clone/
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 02-01-2019 at 07:13 AM.

BANNED

God I'm loving this art.

I’m liking Tamaki’s voice for Laura. Definitely more of a realistic mash of Taylor’s take and Liu’s take. Also, we finally get to see Gabby interacting at the school, hope she meets some named students (besides Evelyn ofc)

BANNED

Found this and thought of Laura:

bird.jpg

BANNED

I'm sticking with what K/Y said that Laura's technically his half sister and Sarah used some of her own DNA/genes to fully bring Laura to life. Sure Logan loves Laura like his daughter much the same way he loves, Kitty, Jubilee and Amara. He's a needed father figure for someone who needs it.

Taylors' whole forcing the whole 'father' thing was an insult to a character who was clearly aimed to have self owner ship and be her own person. She endured so much and achieved it on her own. She was educated and trained. Whereas Logan really is nothing more than ex special ops and a thug. He did the dirty job that no one wanted to do. He was impulsive and eratic. Whereas Laura was restrained and calculating.

Taylor never seemed to understand or even make an effort to understand the character. It was just easier to write her as a mashup of a CW teen and UFC fighter. The closest I saw him portray Laura to her original incarnation was in the last arc.

Am very interested in where the Assassin X story will go, based on the previews.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    I'm sticking with what K/Y said that Laura's technically his half sister and Sarah used some of her own DNA/genes to fully bring Laura to life. Sure Logan loves Laura like his daughter much the same way he loves, Kitty, Jubilee and Amara. He's a needed father figure for someone who needs it.

Taylors' whole forcing the whole 'father' thing was an insult to a character who was clearly aimed to have self owner ship and be her own person. She endured so much and achieved it on her own. She was educated and trained. Whereas Logan really is nothing more than ex special ops and a thug. He did the dirty job that no one wanted to do. He was impulsive and eratic. Whereas Laura was restrained and calculating.
    That was invented long before Taylor came into the picture and I can't say that I saw it being a disadvantage to the character. Mileage may vary.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

You know, with this arc dealing with another clone, I’m kinda suprised that there’s been no mention of Bellona considering she’s not only another of their sisters but the same scientist responsible is again responsible here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    God I'm loving this art.
    Second. That panel with Laura on the motorbike and the sequence that follows is effortlessly cool. Which is crucial, because Laura is cool but without trying since why would she care? This is the kind of subtle distinction that's crucial to significant aspects of her character, in my view, and why she's so prone to being poorly written as a Logan Clone* or tryhard.

*I know, I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know, with this arc dealing with another clone, I’m kinda suprised that there’s been no mention of Bellona considering she’s not only another of their sisters but the same scientist responsible is again responsible here.
    That doesn't mean she won't be mentioned in this or an upcoming issue though.