Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 855
  1. #151
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think we can safely assume she doesn't have her usual upbringing, considering both love and crime aren't a thing. That would explain it.
    Love, crime, and mutant persecution don't exist but someone still created her in a government sanctioned torture chamber to get revenge on a character that isn't even in the universe in question.

    Makes perfect sense.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  2. #152
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Love, crime, and mutant persecution don't exist but someone still created her in a government sanctioned torture chamber to get revenge on a character that isn't even in the universe in question.

    Makes perfect sense.
    He was he just died off panel. And either became a architect or plummer

  3. #153
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Love, crime, and mutant persecution don't exist but someone still created her in a government sanctioned torture chamber to get revenge on a character that isn't even in the universe in question.

    Makes perfect sense.
    now now don't forget in hunt for wolverine Laura became 50/50 Logan and Sarah so now the story is these two got together before love, crime, and mutant persecution became illegal.

  4. #154
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jhack53 View Post
    now now don't forget in hunt for wolverine Laura became 50/50 Logan and Sarah so now the story is these two got together before love, crime, and mutant persecution became illegal.
    Not exactly, Taylor said it's not 50/50, then in a artical for uncanny she dosent know if she is or not, Tamaki said clone for now I'll deal with it when I know what in the hell is going on. A best she a technical his half sister/ modified clone/ female clone but alterd do to cross contamination from being carried to term by Sarah. Rember when you got solid complete information with a story and it wasent dropped or rectoned across various media.

  5. #155
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Not exactly, Taylor said it's not 50/50, then in a artical for uncanny she dosent know if she is or not, Tamaki said clone for now I'll deal with it when I know what in the hell is going on. A best she a technical his half sister/ modified clone/ female clone but alterd do to cross contamination from being carried to term by Sarah. Rember when you got solid complete information with a story and it wasent dropped or rectoned across various media.
    ok but still i am so not ready for another age of apocalypse/ house of M story-line. especially when it feels like they are purposefully trying to keep the X-men out of the war of the realms story-line.

  6. #156
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Love, crime, and mutant persecution don't exist but someone still created her in a government sanctioned torture chamber to get revenge on a character that isn't even in the universe in question.

    Makes perfect sense.
    Logan does exist in Age of X-Man, he's just dead...

    And actually, there's a bigger problem. Having read the issue, it seems that the Marvelous X-Men were brainwashed into believing that she was always there, or at least, has been for a while, when she's really been parachuted in overnight to replace Bishop. She's basically like Voyager from Avengers No Surrender! I get the feeling Laura is a plant by some villain.

  7. #157
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,490

    Default

    Gabby made a oopsey, and might have helped skynet
    http://www.comicsbeat.com/exclusive-...-cyborg-clone/
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 02-01-2019 at 07:13 AM.

  8. #158
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    12,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Gabby made a oopsey, and might have helped skynet
    http://www.comicsbeat.com/exclusive-...-cyborg-clone/
    God I'm loving this art.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!


    Pull List
    X-23 Domino

  9. #159
    Extraordinary Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    9,809

    Default

    I’m liking Tamaki’s voice for Laura. Definitely more of a realistic mash of Taylor’s take and Liu’s take. Also, we finally get to see Gabby interacting at the school, hope she meets some named students (besides Evelyn ofc)

  10. #160
    A Gentle Woman Mia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Corner Office
    Posts
    1,482

    Default

    Found this and thought of Laura:

    bird.jpg
    • “You need not be large to be great. What you need is to be open to a Power greater than yourself.”- Rabbi Sacks
    • “If you can’t control your actions, you aren’t quite whole.”- Bruce Wayne (Hush)

  11. #161
    A Gentle Woman Mia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Corner Office
    Posts
    1,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Not exactly, Taylor said it's not 50/50, then in a artical for uncanny she dosent know if she is or not, Tamaki said clone for now I'll deal with it when I know what in the hell is going on. A best she a technical his half sister/ modified clone/ female clone but alterd do to cross contamination from being carried to term by Sarah. Rember when you got solid complete information with a story and it wasent dropped or rectoned across various media.
    I'm sticking with what K/Y said that Laura's technically his half sister and Sarah used some of her own DNA/genes to fully bring Laura to life. Sure Logan loves Laura like his daughter much the same way he loves, Kitty, Jubilee and Amara. He's a needed father figure for someone who needs it.

    Taylors' whole forcing the whole 'father' thing was an insult to a character who was clearly aimed to have self owner ship and be her own person. She endured so much and achieved it on her own. She was educated and trained. Whereas Logan really is nothing more than ex special ops and a thug. He did the dirty job that no one wanted to do. He was impulsive and eratic. Whereas Laura was restrained and calculating.

    Taylor never seemed to understand or even make an effort to understand the character. It was just easier to write her as a mashup of a CW teen and UFC fighter. The closest I saw him portray Laura to her original incarnation was in the last arc.
    • “You need not be large to be great. What you need is to be open to a Power greater than yourself.”- Rabbi Sacks
    • “If you can’t control your actions, you aren’t quite whole.”- Bruce Wayne (Hush)

  12. #162
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,194

    Default

    Am very interested in where the Assassin X story will go, based on the previews.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    I'm sticking with what K/Y said that Laura's technically his half sister and Sarah used some of her own DNA/genes to fully bring Laura to life. Sure Logan loves Laura like his daughter much the same way he loves, Kitty, Jubilee and Amara. He's a needed father figure for someone who needs it.

    Taylors' whole forcing the whole 'father' thing was an insult to a character who was clearly aimed to have self owner ship and be her own person. She endured so much and achieved it on her own. She was educated and trained. Whereas Logan really is nothing more than ex special ops and a thug. He did the dirty job that no one wanted to do. He was impulsive and eratic. Whereas Laura was restrained and calculating.
    That was invented long before Taylor came into the picture and I can't say that I saw it being a disadvantage to the character. Mileage may vary.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  13. #163
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Gabby made a oopsey, and might have helped skynet
    http://www.comicsbeat.com/exclusive-...-cyborg-clone/
    You know, with this arc dealing with another clone, I’m kinda suprised that there’s been no mention of Bellona considering she’s not only another of their sisters but the same scientist responsible is again responsible here.

  14. #164
    Incredible Member Jumpyshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    God I'm loving this art.
    Second. That panel with Laura on the motorbike and the sequence that follows is effortlessly cool. Which is crucial, because Laura is cool but without trying since why would she care? This is the kind of subtle distinction that's crucial to significant aspects of her character, in my view, and why she's so prone to being poorly written as a Logan Clone* or tryhard.

    *I know, I know!

  15. #165
    Incredible Member healed1337's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Somewhere on Earth, I think
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know, with this arc dealing with another clone, I’m kinda suprised that there’s been no mention of Bellona considering she’s not only another of their sisters but the same scientist responsible is again responsible here.
    That doesn't mean she won't be mentioned in this or an upcoming issue though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •