Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    For whatever reason, most writers just aren’t interested in writing Laura or exploring that relationship. That’s all it is imo.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that most writers really struggle with her personality. The majority of them write her as a totally different character, which makes me wonder why they include her in the first place.
    And given that a central theme when it comes to the X-Men is family, it’s a massively missed opportunity when they choose to ignore the relationships of characters who are literally family. It’s among the same kind of issues that we get with the Summers family especially with Rachel and Nate.

Spectacular Member

so x-23 #9 was good and like how they are handling the story so far. age of x-man introduced a neat idea with Laura and it feels like she may be one of the key players to fix things, and in a way similar to Logan in house of M. finally while this doesn't deal with Laura but i read uncanny x-men #11 and if would appear they killed Ruth which really bugs me. she was one of my favorite members of Laura's classmates and one of the few from that group who still get some use in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by XCE View Post
    First of all, that's not the same situation. Laura and Logan have a close relationship that's established enough and recent enough that readers find it odd when it's overlooked. Hellion is someone Laura had a fleeting crush on years ago but then completely cut out of her life because she wanted something else and he was unwilling to let go. No one thinks it's odd that they don't react or interact the way they do with Laura and Logan.

A minority of fans, and yes, it is a minority, wishing for "a reunion" because they read a bit too much fanfiction back in the day and as a result feel the two have this deep bond that they never actually had, is different. You said it yourself, it could have been any two characters thrown in a panel together, but the writer decided to throw a bone to those fans. But if he had not, no one would have noticed and gone "hey, why wasn't so-and-so included instead"?
    Yeah, I have to agree. Hellion and Laura's connection is a lot less then I think some make of it (OMHO and milage may vary). In any event, it is over and done, so there's no "need" for it to come back. (Also, as unpopular an opinion as this is, I don't think the relationship was as good as some make out.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

With Uncanny and Age of X-man it's easy to lose focus on other titles but still have fun with Laura and her sister.

By the way the android looks like it's going to become a reason for a schism between the two. Gabby still believes in the future and has hope in people like any child but Laura knows that things rarely end as well as we would like.

Astonishing Member

Know what, with some hair dye Nate could pass as a older hellion.

Quote Originally Posted by jhack53 View Post
    i read uncanny x-men #11 and if would appear they killed Ruth which really bugs me. she was one of my favorite members of Laura's classmates and one of the few from that group who still get some use in comics.
    Suicide, no less. A precog ended her own life! Tasteless.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So glad I had X-23 #9 to counter UXM #11 this week.

How about that DPS from Olortegui?!

He is bringing it hard on this book. Hope he sticks around for a long time, he, O'Halloran and Tamaki really fit well together.

This arc is progressing really nicely so far, really enjoying it. (The t-shirt got worn!!!)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

X-23 #9: Passable. This artist is pretty good with Tamaki's script.

MXM#1: spoilers:
    Nate took away Gabby and Laura's hair?
    end of spoilers RIP
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    So glad I had X-23 #9 to counter UXM #11 this week.

How about that DPS from Olortegui?!

He is bringing it hard on this book. Hope he sticks around for a long time, he, O'Halloran and Tamaki really fit well together.

This arc is progressing really nicely so far, really enjoying it. (The t-shirt got worn!!!)
    Part of me still misses Cabal and Woodwrd, but yeah, I'm LOVING this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    X-23 #9: Passable. This artist is pretty good with Tamaki's script.

MXM#1: Nate took away Gabby and Laura's hair? RIP
    There was no need for spoiler tags there. Anyway, it's only Laura who got a short haircut. Gabby just seems to have got bangs (look at the cover to Prisoner X #1) - which aren't even shown in MXM, as we only see 616 Gabby, not AOXM Gabby (Laura was remembering her true self).

And I'm sure Laura's hair will be back to it's usual long length when AOXM ends and she returns to 616.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There was no need for spoiler tags there. Anyway, it's only Laura who got a short haircut. Gabby just seems to have got bangs (look at the cover to Prisoner X #1) - which aren't even shown in MXM, as we only see 616 Gabby, not AOXM Gabby (Laura was remembering her true self).

And I'm sure Laura's hair will be back to it's usual long length when AOXM ends and she returns to 616.
    I have legitimate fears it won't. IIRC, they've said that what happens in AOXM will have lasting implications, and I can see them using this event to completely rewrite characters to change their core identities once they return to the main universe.

its happened

Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    its happened

SHE is a SUPER SANDWICH!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    its happened

Can she stop Lockheed, the God of Destruction?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Can she stop Lockheed, the God of Destruction?
    On;y if she can keep up her rivalry with...Surgeta?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.