Page 16 of 74 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Nice piece! It's dark, gritty, and menacing, all traits that perfectly reflect who Laura is.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Pretty cool

BANNED

X-23 #12

MARIKO TAMAKI (W) • DIEGO OLORTEGUI (A)
    Cover by ASHLEY WITTER
    • What truths lie behind the Harvest Company?
    • And does it mean the end for Laura and Gabby Kinney?

That solicit sounds suspiciously like a finale.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That solicit sounds suspiciously like a finale.
    Please dont be ending

a great cover...to be sure...

but this looks like one of those "Final Issue covers" ya know.

Maybe its just me though
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    a great cover...to be sure...

but this looks like one of those "Final Issue covers" ya know.

Maybe its just me though
    I hope not, but the sales drop last month is a bit concerning.

We know Marvel has been edging towards the seasonal model, too, so it's possible they could be relaunching in June. Especially if AoXM radically changes her status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

We know Marvel has been edging towards the seasonal model, too, so it's possible they could be relaunching in June. Especially if AoXM radically changes her status quo.
    I like Mariko's writing of Laura...its just so far (at least to me) her run has been pretty forgettable...its not bad...its just I like at what she's written till now and im like..."its solid but not memorable". Which sometimes can be worse than being bad.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

July at the earliest. It won't be relaunching before Age of X-Man ends.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Please dont be ending
    Really hope it’s not over, it’s my favorite book

X-23 #12

Cover by ASHLEY WITTER

Cool cover art, Laura looks wild

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I like Mariko's writing of Laura...its just so far (at least to me) her run has been pretty forgettable...its not bad...its just I like at what she's written till now and im like..."its solid but not memorable". Which sometimes can be worse than being bad.

I agree, honestly. Mariko does a pretty good job of presenting Laura’s voice, but the stories themselves haven’t felt like anything special.. just more of “Secret organization doing shady science things” and so on.. I really would have liked to see more meaningful and personal stories for Laura, which after the first arc it doesn’t feel like we’ve received that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I agree, honestly. Mariko does a pretty good job of presenting Laura’s voice, but the stories themselves haven’t felt like anything special.. just more of “Secret organization doing shady science things” and so on.. I really would have liked to see more meaningful and personal stories for Laura, which after the first arc it doesn’t feel like we’ve received that.
    While what you say is true I still think it's the best book out right now. I know I'm bias due to Laura being my fav but all other x-books have been **** lately imo.

X-23 #12

Cover by ASHLEY WITTER
    That's an ominous summary, but covers and summaries can be misleading. Based on the past few issues, though, it looks like Laura and Gabby are heading for a split, of sorts. It doesn't sound like a full-blown schism, but I get the sense that Tamaki is setting things up for them to go their separate paths. Maybe that means Gabby finds a new role in a new book. Maybe that means Laura undertakes a new set of challenges. It's hard to say, but with Logan coming back into the picture, I hope they all get a chance to reunite again. I'd love for there to be a Wolverine family book to run alongside X-23 and Wolverine solo titles. Given all the Wolverine offspring that have emerged in recent years, I think a family-centric book makes a lot of sense.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Gabby is a Champions Reinforcement Roster member. No physical appearance there yet, and she can't appear before issue 7 because Age of X-Man and War of the Realms are set at the same time. If the X books aren't using her, she could end up being promoted to full time member. The team only has one other mutant (the mysterious X girl who'll become the 15th active member of the team next issue).

If Laura will no longer have her own book, I'd expect her to show up in Logan's inevitable new solo and be a member of the second X-Men team.