Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 855
  1. #241
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,490

    Default

    A new print by Choi
    IMG_3016print.jpg

    Link
    https://mikechoiart.bigcartel.com/pr...-the-wolverine
    wish he did interior art again.

  2. #242
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post


    X-23 #12

    MARIKO TAMAKI (W) DIEGO OLORTEGUI (A)
    Cover by ASHLEY WITTER
    What truths lie behind the Harvest Company?
    And does it mean the end for Laura and Gabby Kinney?
    Cool cover. I like these gloves on Laura and I've always thought the dual blades looked cool.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  3. #243
    Incredible Member topfueluhl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    A new print by Choi
    IMG_3016print.jpg

    Link
    https://mikechoiart.bigcartel.com/pr...-the-wolverine
    wish he did interior art again.
    And it comes remarqued by Mr. Choi, that's a must buy for me!

  4. #244
    A Gentle Woman Mia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Corner Office
    Posts
    1,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    A new print by Choi
    IMG_3016print.jpg

    Link
    https://mikechoiart.bigcartel.com/pr...-the-wolverine
    wish he did interior art again.
    Nice art, but the tag line just killed it for me. Wolverine is Logan’s name. I would rather her have her one identity. Hopefully he will do a print for the first X-23 book. Without the stupid pronouncements about how she’s going to kick your ass. She’s better than that.
    You need not be large to be great. What you need is to be open to a Power greater than yourself.- Rabbi Sacks
    If you cant control your actions, you arent quite whole.- Bruce Wayne (Hush)

  5. #245
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,863

    Default

    Yeah, only Logan should be THE Wolverine. Calling Laura the All-New Wolverine would be fine. But she's probably sticking with X-23 for marketing reasons.

  6. #246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, only Logan should be THE Wolverine. Calling Laura the All-New Wolverine would be fine. But she's probably sticking with X-23 for marketing reasons.
    You're probably right, but I still think she really owned that title while she had it. The Orphans of X and Enemy of the State II arc really solidified how much she'd embraced her role. She treated it as part of her legacy, carrying on in her father's memory. And she did it very well. Even though Logan is back, I'd like to see them build that legacy. And at some point, I'd like her to go by Wolverine again.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

  7. #247
    Amazing Member Gunther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    You're probably right, but I still think she really owned that title while she had it. The Orphans of X and Enemy of the State II arc really solidified how much she'd embraced her role. She treated it as part of her legacy, carrying on in her father's memory. And she did it very well. Even though Logan is back, I'd like to see them build that legacy. And at some point, I'd like her to go by Wolverine again.
    X-23 is a perfectly fine code name. I loved anw but never thought there was any need for a code name change.

  8. #248
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    X-23 is a perfectly fine code name. I loved anw but never thought there was any need for a code name change.
    Probably because she doesn't like X-23 for the same reason Kunta Kinte didn't like "Toby".
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  9. #249
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,863

    Default

    You know, I'm surprised she isn't called Wolverine in Age of X-Man. The X-23 name is dehumanising and Logan is dead - so why wouldn't she want to take the name? Yeah, the father/daughter relationship is banned, but she does still have the same powers, and besides, in a world where everyone's a mutant, shared codenames must be commonplace.

  10. #250
    ...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Probably because she doesn't like X-23 for the same reason Kunta Kinte didn't like "Toby".
    Yeah... don't.

    Kunta Kinte had a real name and identity, taken from his homeland, enslaved.... and was....

    "Get this" a REAL HUMAN.

    Not a fictional character... grown in a vat.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

  11. #251
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    12,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    grown in a vat.


    Some vat.

    Also, given what happened to Laura, the comparison to Kunta Kinte isn't entirely off-base.

    And oh yeah, there's no consensus that Kunta Kinte ever ACTUALLY existed in the first place.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 03-07-2019 at 05:54 PM.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!


    Pull List
    X-23 Domino

  12. #252
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,863

    Default

    Yeah, Gabby might have been grown in a test tube, but Laura definitely wasn't.

  13. #253
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    You're probably right, but I still think she really owned that title while she had it. The Orphans of X and Enemy of the State II arc really solidified how much she'd embraced her role. She treated it as part of her legacy, carrying on in her father's memory. And she did it very well. Even though Logan is back, I'd like to see them build that legacy. And at some point, I'd like her to go by Wolverine again.
    Yeah, they should've shared it like the Hawkeyes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Yeah... don't.

    Kunta Kinte had a real name and identity, taken from his homeland, enslaved.... and was....

    "Get this" a REAL HUMAN.

    Not a fictional character... grown in a vat.
    It's an analogy. Even if we don't want to use comparisons to that specific historical subject and the sins therein, it has been already established that Laura rejected the name and why, to the point that the new series had to invent a reason that she'd continue to use a designation she "hated" (which I think was the best possibly solution other then just having her stay "Wolverine").
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  14. #254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You know, I'm surprised she isn't called Wolverine in Age of X-Man.
    You can't flip-flop between names. You just gotta accept that these are decisions not based on in-universe logic and reasoning, they're business decisions.

    I do think it's a little bit funny that the code name is where the suspension of disbelief ends when it comes to a superhero universe, though.

  15. #255

    Default

    Here's an oversized 17x22 commission I recently got from Dike Ruan that turned out really good.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •