Page 23 of 74 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Can we let the Adamtium Agenda comment/retcon/whatever go? We all know whether we like it, hate it, or are indifferent to it, and brining it up just generates arguments.
    Margot Robbie and I are Laura's true parents.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Didn't we have this conversation alredy. Taylor admitted on Twitter the retcont wasn't 50% on Twitter with the likely reasion being that was originally ANW 37-42 but was changed to buy time and generate interest for more Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Nope; (unless there's something very recent that I missed) there was just a moment at the end of Adamantium Agenda where Tony Stark said she was 50% genetically Sarah Kinney, 0 explanation. (See above comment.)
    Yeah, the change was that she actually had Sarah's genes, instead of Sarah just being a surrogate. Nothing's changed in her relationship with Logan.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

X-force volume 3 issue 16 page 25.

Even tho Messiah War was about setting up Hope Summers, Laura got a lot of development as well. If X-23 was doing this just to complete "The Mission" (as she done all her life) she would of failed imo. It was the combination of her need to complete "The Mission" AND save her friends in the present time-line that gave her the strength to push herself past her limits. To have Apocalypse monologuing about what it means to be STRONG while showing X-23 pushing herself is what makes this her best comic book moment.

Last edited by FIGHT; 03-25-2019 at 08:23 PM.

BANNED

^^^

That's partly what made her so appealing and inspiring to so many of her fans. You could see that her strength came from a force of will (make sure to see Alita). Not just physical capabilities.

She wasn't just some fearless hater b*** who could take on everyone without breaking a sweat. Like what Taylor turned her into.

This is so good it's a personal attack.

https://twitter.com/jeffdekal/status...12308128174081

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

I dont know how they did it but Laura and gabby broke the 4th wall.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...mpression=true

Just Gabby. This lady doesn't feel pain - just like Honey Badger. The same isn't true for Laura.

EDIT: Your link is to a video, so here's a text article about it: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...lands-47719718
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-28-2019 at 02:37 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    That would be my guess.

It will be interesting to see if they give Mariko another go
    should they give her another go? got mixed feelings about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampoozie View Post
    Like I've enjoyed her dialogue for Laura and Gabby...but her stories outside of the opening have been meh....so im up in the air on this one
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

I'd kill for Stjepan Sejic on both art and writing, but that'll never happen.

Astonishing Member

I think it's less her more of the structure. It should be structured like how iron man is going now, short arcs with a running subplot leading to a climax later on. She wouldnt have needed to decompress as much, and multiple short storyes seem easier for her.

Also vegabond is on indefinat hiatus, and after his earler series slam dunk helped basketball grow in Japan, along with the Akira yoshida insistent get
    Takehiko Inoue for a x23 series. (Also Makoto Yukimura on thor when Vineland sage ends and put Hideaki Sorachi on uncanny, gintama was amazing and he has the lead heroine kagura hold the prestige of not only the most time but being the first shone jump heroine to puke on pannel)

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Like I've enjoyed her dialogue for Laura and Gabby...but her stories outside of the opening have been meh....so im up in the air on this one
    i think Laura fans need a break from gabby. kill her off or put her in a coma for a while, give Laura something to raise hell about

i think Laura fans need a break from gabby. kill her off or put her in a coma for a while, give Laura something to raise hell about

Or leave Gabby at the school.

Seems like writers enjoy writing her more than Laura. We need a writer who is interested in writing her more than Gabby.

Gabby’s Novelty has long felt worn out to me. I miss quality Laura-centric stories.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Just separate them and give Laura a good writer. It's working in Age of X-Man but Marvelous needs a better writer compared to Prisoner X.
    "Cable was right!"