Page 24 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Or leave Gabby at the school.

Seems like writers enjoy writing her more than Laura. We need a writer who is interested in writing her more than Gabby.

Gabby’s Novelty has long felt worn out to me. I miss quality Laura-centric stories.
    it’s too easy to write gabby compared to laura. laura is definitely harder to get right and she suffers when more out going characters are around

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Or leave Gabby at the school.

Seems like writers enjoy writing her more than Laura. We need a writer who is interested in writing her more than Gabby.

Gabby’s Novelty has long felt worn out to me. I miss quality Laura-centric stories.
    They should bring back those cutesy psychopathic tendencies she had back in the early parts of ANW, try and develop it as her own version of the Berserker Rage.
    But make it more akin to a DID personality switch like MK or TM, you could probably get away using a similar gimmick like that since those two are practically non existent lol

But then again the focus would be on her.. but hey it gives you a reason to off her since she'll be a dangerous unpredictable threat, it would give someone like Logan more than enough of a reason to gut her and kill her again, you'd have the reunion with Gabby, Laura and Logan and get rid of her at the same time, pretty much what people have been asking for lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    They should bring back those cutesy psychopathic tendencies she had back in the early parts of ANW, try and develop it as her own version of the Berserker Rage.
    But make it more akin to a DID personality switch like MK or TM, you could probably get away using a similar gimmick like that since those two are practically non existent lol

But then again the focus would be on her.. but hey it gives you a reason to off her since she'll be a dangerous unpredictable threat, it would give someone like Logan more than enough of a reason to gut her and kill her again, you'd have the reunion with Gabby, Laura and Logan and get rid of her at the same time, pretty much what people have been asking for lol

Adding more gimmicks to an already gimmicky personality isn’t going to solve anything. Besides, look at Aurora. Most writers can’t write DID in an acceptable way.

Though I will grant you this, the Gabby we met in Four Sisters is a different character than what she ended up becoming. She went from being out of touch and naive in a bit of a demented way due to her upbringing, to an overly savvy and peppy tropey character that acts and sounds like a more annoying Molly Hayes. If Gabby was written more like her original appearance I’d find her more palatable. But as is it seems like writers just want to use her as a mouthpiece for gags and jokes. I’m over it.

You do realize that there are those of us who do like Laura and Gabby as a double act, right?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    You do realize that there are those of us who do like Laura and Gabby as a double act, right?
    I know, i was just responding to Beaubier and the others here that don't like Gabby.

I'd just have her be there for a story, then not be there for a story, then be there for a story, etc. Adds more variety to the book, compromises for both groups of readers.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I know, i was just responding to Beaubier and the others here that don't like Gabby.
    Im tired of her but I don’t think she needs to be killed off. I just want Laura to have a break from her.

Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Depending on whether the "Now" is the end of the arc or not, Beau may be getting that wish.

And I had to look up who the frell Sia was.

Guess I missed the sarcasm, but I do get it now.

Can't please everyone with these kinds of things.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Spectacular Member

I gotta say, I don't think Gabby really has a place in a Laura centric story, ever since Gabby's introduction the stories have all centred around Gabby and I just miss the days when Laura just had her own adventures without any sidekick.

What if we replace Gabby with a small robot wearing a flesh suit so that Gabbot can fulfill the joke quota at the start of every issue but then Laura can pull the lever on her back to shut her down for the rest of the story?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Darzefader View Post
    I gotta say, I don't think Gabby really has a place in a Laura centric story, ever since Gabby's introduction the stories have all centred around Gabby and I just miss the days when Laura just had her own adventures without any sidekick.
    As much as I've come to love Gabby, I can understand this sentiment. I think Gabby has definitely developed to a point where she can hold her own story. She no longer needs to develop alongside Laura anymore. I think the time is right for Laura to follow her own path once more. Plus, with Logan back in action, I'd like to see her interact with him again.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I think the trick with Gabby is that not many writers have figured out how to balance Gabby's personality. Especially in terms of balancing her to Laura.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Darzefader View Post
    Really? The story were Laura officially adopted her was all about Laura's own experiences and how that shaped her decision on doing that. The Civil War II tie-ins and Orphans of X were also more about Laura then anything else. Other stuff, like Enemy of the State II and the Assassin X story gave both stuff to do. The Family Album story, as much as Gabby was in it, got mostly into Laura's head and left her with most of the story arc.

Only things I can think of that had Gabby as the real star of that specific story was the one with the cute zombie animals and that one-shot school story (since Gabby was the primary narrator and the one that did put together most of the clues). While her introduction may have shifted the X-23 brand from a solo series to a dual act, Laura really hasn't conceded that much spotlight as you would think.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)