Page 34 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I remember when Chris Hemsworth and Sebastian Stan asked Hugh Jackman to come back as Wolverine.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I remember when Chris Hemsworth and Sebastian Stan asked Hugh Jackman to come back as Wolverine.
    He could return but what if he's headmaster wolverine insted ? Bring back the og fox cast as teachers but focuse on newer xmen. That way it's the best of both worlds

The thing with Dafne Keen is that by the time they make an X-Men movie and/or decide to introduce Laura, she's gonna be much older. So they can do like 18 year old X-23 and it's gonna be no different than if they casted another actress, except not lol. So I think the idea of her being the MCU Laura is really cool.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RaginHaitian View Post
    There's no way they're gonna pass on Wolverine (Logan) interacting with all these characters for the first time. Seeing Pete and Logan on screen together is gonna be awesome. So I def think we're getting a new Logan. Plus Ruffalo has two more movies on his contract. Fully expect one of those to be Wolverine vs Hulk.
    I can see them doing it since they want the MCU to be more diverse.

There's no way they're gonna pass on Wolverine (Logan) interacting with all these characters for the first time. Seeing Pete and Logan on screen together is gonna be awesome. So I def think we're getting a new Logan. Plus Ruffalo has two more movies on his contract. Fully expect one of those to be Wolverine vs Hulk.
    Unlikely. We know it'll be several years before any X-Men films, and Universal control Hulk solos, which is why Planet Hulk was called Thor Ragnarok.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

All-New Member

@Shape Yep, but I feel like the next big female hero to match that is gonna be either Kamala or Ironheart.

@Digifiend: True. Though Feige mentioned in his reddit Q&A that he and Ruffalo were discussing new ideas for Hulk that they may use in the future. I wanna believe one involved Wolverine. We gonna see!! Lol

Astonishing Member

@Shape Yep, but I feel like the next big female hero to match that is gonna be either Kamala or Ironheart.

@Digifiend: True. Though Feige mentioned in his reddit Q&A that he and Ruffalo were discussing new ideas for Hulk that they may use in the future. I wanna believe one involved Wolverine. We gonna see!! Lol
    It's also worth noting that one of the reasons jackman had to stop was how physically demanding playing wolverine was. If they have x23 take over, he could be headmaster Logan allowing jackman to avoid alot of conditioning, that would be a big help in getting him to retuen.

Astonishing Member

Wepon hex one shot came out. I liked tim seeley one shot.

Has anyone else noticed that when X-23 is in the main X-books she sounds and acts a lot like Honeybadger, but when she's in her own book she has a completely different personality?

I've excused what could just be poor writing and characterization to "Well, maybe when she's with Honeybadger she has to be more like a mom...and when she's with the X-Men she can act more like a wacky kid."

But even then...X-23's character is wildly different than Honeybadger's character, so I'm not sure that excuse holds up. haha

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Wepon hex one shot came out. I liked tim seeley one shot.
    It's really frustrating that the only X-23 stories out right now are AUs. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Means View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that when X-23 is in the main X-books she sounds and acts a lot like Honeybadger, but when she's in her own book she has a completely different personality?

I've excused what could just be poor writing and characterization to "Well, maybe when she's with Honeybadger she has to be more like a mom...and when she's with the X-Men she can act more like a wacky kid."

But even then...X-23's character is wildly different than Honeybadger's character, so I'm not sure that excuse holds up. haha
    she's been in 3 main X-books since Gabby was created and I dont think she's acted or sounded like her in any of them. MAYBE Uncanny but definitely not All New X-men or X-men Red

Well her character outside of her own book tends to be radically out of character, but I wouldn't say she's like honey badger; usually one or a combination of the following: generic middle class teen girl B4, Logan, and Spider-man (because they insist on writing everyone like %&$#ing spider-man now days.)
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    she's been in 3 main X-books since Gabby was created and I dont think she's acted or sounded like her in any of them. MAYBE Uncanny but definitely not All New X-men or X-men Red
    I can't really remember these 3 main books off the top of my head but-

1) X-Men Red: written by Gabby's creator, Tom Taylor. The straight-man/funny guy mechanic between them is still there especially when Laura sells out that Gentle likes Trinary.

2) Extermination: Brisson barely gives them lines.

3) Uncanny X-Men: Gabby only shows up for #10. Yeah, Laura is written with more humour.

4) Marvelous: Barely any lines but she's not written as Gabby-esque.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Well her character outside of her own book tends to be radically out of character, but I wouldn't say she's like honey badger; usually one or a combination of the following: generic middle class teen girl B4, Logan, and Spider-man (because they insist on writing everyone like %&$#ing spider-man now days.)
    Absolutely. I’ve given up hope that any writer will do her justice anymore. Outside of Mariko doing a decent job, she’s basically unrecognizable. I’ve totally lost interest in actively seeking out her appearances now.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I can't really remember these 3 main books off the top of my head but-

1) X-Men Red: written by Gabby's creator, Tom Taylor. The straight-man/funny guy mechanic between them is still there especially when Laura sells out that Gentle likes Trinary.

2) Extermination: Brisson barely gives them lines.

3) Uncanny X-Men: Gabby only shows up for #10. Yeah, Laura is written with more humour.

4) Marvelous: Barely any lines but she's not written as Gabby-esque.
    For as short a time he has with her, Brisson gives Laura the most horrendous lines that she’s ever spoken. Which is odd since she wasn’t written so bad in his Cable arc.