Page 38 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The last time Laura uses the Red costume was Extermination. UXM #1-10 uses Tamaki outfit.

Attachment 84684
    Asrar showed off a early draft of issue 1 that had her in a wolverine costume. My theory is with return being as
    rush job,(hunt was repurposed plot points to stall for time) her going to x23 and having a new costume happned when issue 1 was still in early development.

All-New Member

3B22AC7B-67FA-44D3-B2A5-EC1021499FC9.jpg

By Ayyasap

Not sure if this one’s been posted before.

You know, not gonna lie, with Scott and Jean getting a moment, it was a bit of a missed opportunity that Logan didn’t get a moment with Laura. In fact, it’s worth noting that Logan will have to have met Gabby shortly after that battle since all the X-Men who were trapped in the Age of X-Man were there and no way Logan and Laura didn’t interact after the battle given how much she missed him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know, not gonna lie, with Scott and Jean getting a moment, it was a bit of a missed opportunity that Logan didn’t get a moment with Laura. In fact, it’s worth noting that Logan will have to have met Gabby shortly after that battle since all the X-Men who were trapped in the Age of X-Man were there and no way Logan and Laura didn’t interact after the battle given how much she missed him.
    I've said this before, but Marvel has continually dropped the ball on Logan and Laura's relationship. Clearly from stories such as The Logan Legacy and that post-Secret Empire one-shot they want them to have some sort of father/daughter relationship...but then they completely fail at actually DEVELOPING it at every opportunity.

I'm sure the next time they appear in a book together we'll be lucky to see them even TALK to each other, much less acknowledge the relationship Marvel claims they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I've said this before, but Marvel has continually dropped the ball on Logan and Laura's relationship. Clearly from stories such as The Logan Legacy and that post-Secret Empire one-shot they want them to have some sort of father/daughter relationship...but then they completely fail at actually DEVELOPING it at every opportunity.

I'm sure the next time they appear in a book together we'll be lucky to see them even TALK to each other, much less acknowledge the relationship Marvel claims they have.
    And now we also have the latest ripples to deal with between the fact that Logan now basically has 2 more daughters between Gabby and Bellona and the whole revelation of Laura being less of a clone from Hunt for Wolverine. Knowing Marvel, we’ll have very little addressing these things despite family being important in the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Asrar showed off a early draft of issue 1 that had her in a wolverine costume. My theory is with return being as
    rush job,(hunt was repurposed plot points to stall for time) her going to x23 and having a new costume happned when issue 1 was still in early development.
    It wasn't an early draft, it was the original art. And he said on Twitter that it wasn't a costume change that happened, it was simply a mistake that was corrected by editors. Later pages from the issue had the correct costume on the original art. Source: https://twitter.com/MahmudAsrar/stat...99278819000320

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy
    You know, not gonna lie, with Scott and Jean getting a moment, it was a bit of a missed opportunity that Logan didn’t get a moment with Laura.
    While I understand the frustration, I've pointed out before that you can't expect everything to happen on-panel. Stories would lose all momentum if writers had to show every reunion and interaction between characters like they were ticking off a bunch of checkboxes. "Ok, so this is the first time character X and Y have met since event A, so we need a page for their reunion. Then we have character X1 and Y1, they really need a panel or two to acknowledge event B." And so on. I think you just have to accept that in a group book like the X-men books, you can't have everything happen on panel.

I agree. I really like how their story as a family has progressed. They've gone from complications and rivals to a real, genuine family. That moment in Generations when Laura said "Goodbye, Dad," still gets me every time. But since then, we really haven't seen them interact or be the family that they were set up to be. And I think that's a shame. They were building something special together. That father/daughter dynamic really brings out the best in both characters. I hope we get to see that play out at some point. I get the feeling that it fell to the wayside because of other events surrounding Secret Empire and Age of X-Man. I don't know if there will be room for it in Hickman's run, but I hope there is. I think the time is right for both characters to be a family again.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I agree. I really like how their story as a family has progressed. They've gone from complications and rivals to a real, genuine family. That moment in Generations when Laura said "Goodbye, Dad," still gets me every time. But since then, we really haven't seen them interact or be the family that they were set up to be. And I think that's a shame. They were building something special together. That father/daughter dynamic really brings out the best in both characters. I hope we get to see that play out at some point. I get the feeling that it fell to the wayside because of other events surrounding Secret Empire and Age of X-Man. I don't know if there will be room for it in Hickman's run, but I hope there is. I think the time is right for both characters to be a family again.
    I think we are likely to see Rien in the Marvel Presents comic get more father daughter development with Logan than Laura has since his return. Part of me roles my eyes at yet another Logan offspring but some of my favorite Wolverine moments are when he steps into the father figure role whether it is with Kitty, Jubilee or Laura.

Quote Originally Posted by XCE View Post
    While I understand the frustration, I've pointed out before that you can't expect everything to happen on-panel. Stories would lose all momentum if writers had to show every reunion and interaction between characters like they were ticking off a bunch of checkboxes. "Ok, so this is the first time character X and Y have met since event A, so we need a page for their reunion. Then we have character X1 and Y1, they really need a panel or two to acknowledge event B." And so on. I think you just have to accept that in a group book like the X-men books, you can't have everything happen on panel.
    Be that as it may, this has been a run where every issue has literally wasted an entire page on just a full black page with a small section taken up by a small text box. That is page space that could have gone towards even just a page of Logan reuniting with Laura. It doesn’t have to be something huge, but something would have been nice especially when both thought the other was dead.

BANNED

Be that as it may, this has been a run where every issue has literally wasted an entire page on just a full black page with a small section taken up by a small text box. That is page space that could have gone towards even just a page of Logan reuniting with Laura. It doesn’t have to be something huge, but something would have been nice especially when both thought the other was dead.
    Like I said, we're putting way more consideration into things than Marvel is.

They want to SAY what their relationship is, but just don't seem to give a damn about actually SHOWING it.

Like I said, we're putting way more consideration into things than Marvel is.

They want to SAY what their relationship is, but just don't seem to give a damn about actually SHOWING it.
    The ultimate foul in a show don’t tell medium.

And it would have made for poor storytelling. A reader who isn't invested in the relationship would wonder why there's a page in the middle of the story that has nothing to do with the plot and theme of the book. It would feel out of place and damage the pacing of the story. I mean, you see what I mean right?

Honestly, some X-Men fans can be really exhausting because they no longer seem interested in reading a story and instead just focus on whether their favorite had a prominent role or sufficiently great "feats".

taylor was at the spider-man panel and said laura and gabby are getting a #1000 story I'm not getting the quote check newsarama bye
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    taylor was at the spider-man panel and said laura and gabby are getting a #1000 story I'm not getting the quote check newsarama bye
    And geting a new character introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    And geting a new character introduced.
    I have no idea why I said I'm not getting the quote when I literally had the tab for the panel already open.

https://www.newsarama.com/46120-sdcc...man-panel.html
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate