Page 41 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Who said I'm over reading? I just posted his response to the question. Either way it doesn't bother me, there doesn't even have to be a romance in the book, but if there is, I can see why people would want it to be Cable and Laura just for the irony of it and their parents. But hey, Kwannon also works. I'm just a spectator in this shipping war.
    I apologize, I should have said anyone making anything of that (from a shipping standpoint) would be profoundly over-reading.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    I apologize, I should have said anyone making anything of that (from a shipping standpoint) would be profoundly over-reading.
    It's alright, I get it. Shippers do tend to over read this type of stuff and blow it out of proportion. Me personally, i'm not against romance, it's just I'm not sure it'd really be necessary in this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I swear I've read a Bryan Hill book before but I can't remember what it was.
    Could be the Miles Morales annual last year, or the current Batman and the Outsiders comic?

Quote Originally Posted by parker stark View Post
    So, this team Has X-23, but no Honeybadger? I wonder what happened to Gabby? Maybe she's scouting? Lol!
    Scout MIGHT appear in X-Men, but that's a massive rotating cast. She could also show up in Champions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's alright, I get it. Shippers do tend to over read this type of stuff and blow it out of proportion. Me personally, i'm not against romance, it's just I'm not sure it'd really be necessary in this book.
    Yep. I don't see the need for it too. It's only 3 people who barely knows each other, a romance can unbalance it

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Well, maybe not a romance but I think Laura and Nathan have lots of things on common. I'm curious about their interactions

BANNED

I asked Bryan Edward Hill on twitter if Laura and Cable would have the same sort of relationship their dads have, and he said

So shippers can make of that as they will.
    As I said on the other thread, Twitter isn’t canon, so it’s no good reading into it. All that matters in the end is what’s on the page.

TBH, I sometimes wonder about just leaving her asexual altogether. It’s underrepresented in media for the very reason that everyone — writers and readers alike — wants to put characters into a relationship. And after the Warren debacle it all just seems extraneous with everything else she’s dealing with.

why are people talking about Laura and Nate as if they might be a thing. Id hope she learned her lesson after Warren. A romance with a time displaced X-man is a dead end and only good for some shortlived sex

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    why are people talking about Laura and Nate as if they might be a thing. Id hope she learned her lesson after Warren. A romance with a time displaced X-man is a dead end and only good for some shortlived sex
    You can't escape shipping.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Well, maybe not a romance but I think Laura and Nathan have lots of things on common. I'm curious about their interactions
    Same here. I think they could develop a strong connection that need not be romantic. Laura and Nathan were both byproducts of someone else's agenda. They were both manipulated and dehumanized. They both had to rebuild relationships with their parents. They share a similar struggle and I think they could help each other in that effort. Again, it doesn't have to be romantic, but I can understand why some shipping might occur, depending on how things play out in this book.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    You can't escape shipping.
    Exactly this. Shippers gonna ship.

I DON'T ship X-Fi, I just recognize that putting them on a book together is going to make shippers' heads explode (and from what I've seen on social media already, I'm right). Wolverine's daughter and Cyclops' son is just too juicy for them to pass up, and I can VERY MUCH see Marvel doing it for many of the same reasons that the shippers are drooling. Marvel isn't stupid (Laura being introduced in ANXM by plastering her leaping into Tyke's arms on the cover of #20 was no accident. Marvel knew EXACTLY what they were doing). Most readers would be "Kwannon who?" But even if casuals may be confused over seeing a young Cable, they'll still know exactly what's going on.

I thoroughly expect them to milk this for all it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    She lives
    Attachment 84825

FALLEN ANGELS #1
    Written by BRYAN EDWARD HILL
    Penciled by SZYMON KUDRANSKI
    Cover by ASHLEY WITTER
    On sale November 2019
    NOT ALL BELONG IN PARADISE!
    Psylocke finds herself in this new world of Mutantkind unsure of her place in it… but when a face from her past returns only to be killed, she seeks help from others who feel similar to get vengeance. Cable and X-23 join Kwannon for a personal mission that could jeopardize all Mutantkind.

Shame kid cabel is their though
    I'm curious. Unsure, but curious.

(Confusion; is it Psylocke or Kawanon that's recruiting Laura and Cable; both characters are mentioned, but as if they're supposed to be the same person.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I'm curious. Unsure, but curious.

(Confusion; is it Psylocke or Kawanon that's recruiting Laura and Cable; both characters are mentioned, but as if they're supposed to be the same person.)
    Psylocke is her codename and Kwannon is her first name

Hard pass on shoehorning Laura into yet another dead end relationship.

I’m thrilled if she’s not stuck with Gabby in her next book, though.

BANNED

Incidentally, I posted a question to Hill on Twitter about balancing Laura's introversion with developing her interpersonal relationships, noting how most writers have tended to treat her introversion as an "illness" to overcome rather than part of what makes her Laura (which being an introvert IS; it's part of our personality). He didn't answer the question, but he DID give it a Like. So at the very least he seems to be aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Psylocke is her codename and Kwannon is her first name
    So, basically Kwannon is "replacing" Betsy Braddock?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Incidentally, I posted a question to Hill on Twitter about balancing Laura's introversion with developing her interpersonal relationships, noting how most writers have tended to treat her introversion as an "illness" to overcome rather than part of what makes her Laura (which being an introvert IS; it's part of our personality). He didn't answer the question, but he DID give it a Like. So at the very least he seems to be aware of it.
    Seconded. Some of us may need to be better about interacting with people in certain ways, but it's our feature, not a bug.

(Funny fact: introversion doesn't mean "loner" by default, it just means that we find social situations draining and alone time energizing. So you can have introverts who would seem extroverted in public, just because their's doesn't manifest in the same way as the common perception. Suppose in theory that Laura could written like that, but the trend for her to seem to gravitate towards smaller groups of people seems to work better, IMHO.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)