Page 47 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Saw this on Tumblr.

I've said it before, but I'd LOVE to see a story where Laura goes undercover at a high-society soiree, and has to dress to the nines in a slinky evening gown. It's just such a radical departure from her usual style of dress there's a lot of fun that could be had with it. ESPECIALLY if she runs in to someone she knows and would react accordingly.
    LOL....Teen Warren could have taken her to one

Saw this on Tumblr.

I've said it before, but I'd LOVE to see a story where Laura goes undercover at a high-society soiree, and has to dress to the nines in a slinky evening gown. It's just such a radical departure from her usual style of dress there's a lot of fun that could be had with it. ESPECIALLY if she runs in to someone she knows and would react accordingly.
    Wow! Laura looks stunning here. Kind of reminds me of the times when Logan wears a suit and actually combs his hair. It's a significant departure from their usual style, but they find a way to make it work.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Saw this on Tumblr.

Reminds me of Kwannon's dress in X-Men 31. I might try my hand at drawing them both together in the dresses.

Saw this on Tumblr.

Cool pic. I imagine she would've picked black if available, but red looks nice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shampoozie View Post
    Cool pic. I imagine she would've picked black if available, but red looks nice.
    Yeah, that's the one thing off about it; Laura would have likely gone with black or maybe a dark blue. Red is too bold for her tastes.

Red blends in better with the blood that is likely to end up on her dress

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Red blends in better with the blood that is likely to end up on her dress
    I disagree, I think that the better color to hide blood is actually black, blood when dried becomes darker and it's tone can vary depending if is extracted for a vein or an artery.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    I disagree, I think that the better color to hide blood is actually black, blood when dried becomes darker and it's tone can vary depending if is extracted for a vein or an artery.
    I was being sarcastic

BANNED

If you're thinking of picking up Fearless #2 for the X-23 backup story don't bother with it. It's only about 3 pages, and kind of mediocre.

spoilers:
    After the preview, Laura and Gabby discover it's all a setup. Because OF COURSE if you're targeting genetic/cloning research companies they're eventually going to wise up as their competitors are dismantled and lay a trap. Laura and Gabby escape the guards into an air shaft. Laura is ready to bug out, but Gabby hears voices. They break into the room below, and discover cages filled with children. They're not more X-23 clones, just regular people. Who are speaking Spanish (that'll trigger people who don't like "SJW politics" in their comics). Laura tells Gabby they need to leave as the guards are coming, but Gabby doesn't want to leave the kids behind. Laura breaks into the cages, and they and all the kids escape.

TBH, the whole thing was kind of meh. Laura doesn't come across particularly well. You'd think with her training she wouldn't walk blindly into this sort of trap. I mean they've made a point of tearing these groups down, you'd think she'd be more prepared for the idea that they'd start taking measures to defend themselves. The story also leaves it ambiguous as to whether Laura would have left the kids without Gabby buzzing in her ear. Considering that MULTIPLE stories have gone out of their way to show how much Laura hates human trafficking and their perpetrators, the idea her first instinct wasn't to free them herself is pretty OOC.

The art isn't anything spectacular, either. I really miss Ortegui's stuff from the latter half of Tamaki's book.
    end of spoilers

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

If you're thinking of picking up Fearless #2 for the X-23 backup story don't bother with it. It's only about 3 pages, and kind of mediocre.
    As expected from the rookies.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    After the preview, Laura and Gabby discover it's all a setup. Because OF COURSE if you're targeting genetic/cloning research companies they're eventually going to wise up as their competitors are dismantled and lay a trap. Laura and Gabby escape the guards into an air shaft. Laura is ready to bug out, but Gabby hears voices. They break into the room below, and discover cages filled with children. They're not more X-23 clones, just regular people. Who are speaking Spanish (that'll trigger people who don't like "SJW politics" in their comics). Laura tells Gabby they need to leave as the guards are coming, but Gabby doesn't want to leave the kids behind. Laura breaks into the cages, and they and all the kids escape.

TBH, the whole thing was kind of meh. Laura doesn't come across particularly well. You'd think with her training she wouldn't walk blindly into this sort of trap. I mean they've made a point of tearing these groups down, you'd think she'd be more prepared for the idea that they'd start taking measures to defend themselves. The story also leaves it ambiguous as to whether Laura would have left the kids without Gabby buzzing in her ear. Considering that MULTIPLE stories have gone out of their way to show how much Laura hates human trafficking and their perpetrators, the idea her first instinct wasn't to free them herself is pretty OOC.

The art isn't anything spectacular, either. I really miss Ortegui's stuff from the latter half of Tamaki's book.
    end of spoilers
    I give it a average rating, and a reminder that hill will give us a good interpretation
    Really wish we'd get some art for fallen angles soon.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

From november solicitations
    ret.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    ret.jpg
    Best cover involving Laura in quite some time.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    ret.jpg
    Interesting. May have to get this series in singles while waiting for the trades. Wonder what art tools were used; it looks different from the slicker colored covers you usually see.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

IMG_20190822_191926.jpg

Woo chul lee variants for xmen 1
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 08-22-2019 at 04:27 PM.