Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Shampoozie View Post
    I also wonder how long till Laura pops up in Spider-Man, Taylor seems to love guest appearances
    I'll be massively disappointed if Spider-Man doesn't team up with Laura and Gabby.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I'll be massively disappointed if Spider-Man doesn't team up with Laura and Gabby.
    Me as well

Astonishing Member

It’d be a nice twist if she was hiding something though
    I'd like to know about the time gap between Wolverines20 and ANW1, she some how got her healing factor back. There alot you can fit in that gap(I'd also like it if we found out who or what weapon 11 and the other missing projects)

Also for her appearance in spiderman, Taylor said he didn't have anything planned for the first arc

I always have wanted to see more on the hellmark Laura received

Astonishing Member

for some reason I was expecting Laura and Gabby to be new neighbors for Peter before reading this. lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I'd like to know about the time gap between Wolverines20 and ANW1, she some how got her healing factor back. There alot you can fit in that gap(I'd also like it if we found out who or what weapon 11 and the other missing projects)

Also for her appearance in spiderman, Taylor said he didn't have anything planned for the first arc
    Unfortunately I doubt we'll ever see that. If Marvel was interested in actually building up to her being Wolverine they would have done it. They made the deliberate choice to just toss her into the cowl with no development.

Hell, I still want the gap between Arena and ANXM plugged. We have NO idea how she ended up in the hands of the Purifiers, or how she got out of Logan's care (or why he didn't even bother trying to find her when she disappeared).

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    for some reason I was expecting Laura and Gabby to be new neighbors for Peter before reading this. lol
    They live in different parks of the city, Laura is on Roosevelt island and I think Peter is in Manhattan

I’m digging the art in the new x-23
    Yeah, hard same. I even changed my avatar for the first time since I joined, though part of me feels like I should keep showing out for Songbird haha. I like way too many sidelined characters, but X-23, fortunately not among the sidelined characters, is my favourite. Though it does look like she's judging my posts...

I hope Olortegui stays on for a good run (great hair and dynamism, the two crucial parts of comics art haha), to get a chance to really lock in and also because it would be nice to have an artist complete at least the majority of two consecutive X-23 arcs!

Astonishing Member

I always have wanted to see more on the hellmark Laura received
    If bendis wouldn't bendis it I would have liked her and magik to deal with that. It was a missed opportunity that they didn't interact(also her and frost). She and magik need to team up

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Unfortunately I doubt we'll ever see that. If Marvel was interested in actually building up to her being Wolverine they would have done it. They made the deliberate choice to just toss her into the cowl with no development.

Hell, I still want the gap between Arena and ANXM plugged. We have NO idea how she ended up in the hands of the Purifiers, or how she got out of Logan's care (or why he didn't even bother trying to find her when she disappeared).
    That's easy to theorize. At the end of Arena, she was disorientated having been irradiated by Hazmat, because a trigger scent affected Laura breached her containment suit. The result was a dose of amnesia. That's when the Purifiers were able to grab her. I don't think the gap is very long at all, possibly only a day or two (that would explain why Logan didn't find her - not enough time to figure out what had happened). After all, why would the Purifiers bother shaving her head? Her baldness can be explained by Hazmat basically giving her a chemotherapy overdose. Once back with the X-Men, Laura was back to normal within a day.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's easy to theorize. At the end of Arena, she was disorientated having been irradiated by Hazmat, because a trigger scent affected Laura breached her containment suit. The result was a dose of amnesia. That's when the Purifiers were able to grab her. I don't think the gap is very long at all, possibly only a day or two (that would explain why Logan didn't find her - not enough time to figure out what had happened). After all, why would the Purifiers bother shaving her head? Her baldness can be explained by Hazmat basically giving her a chemotherapy overdose. Once back with the X-Men, Laura was back to normal within a day.
    I don't own the issue (as I am a responsible consumer), and don't currently have a marvel unlimited subscription, so I can't double check this like I usually do; but I'm pretty sure she was bald because the purifiers had just burnt off all her skin.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

I always figured it was the radiation burn as well. I believe the purifiers even taunt Laura about the events in arena.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    I don't own the issue (as I am a responsible consumer), and don't currently have a marvel unlimited subscription, so I can't double check this like I usually do; but I'm pretty sure she was bald because the purifiers had just burnt off all her skin.
    it was never explained which is why the timeline is in flux. personally i always had the idea that Logan and the majority of the heroes took the kids to Florida after picking them in Antarctica to get treated, and since Laura just had half of her body blasted away from the radiation from hazmat she took longer to heal. eventually she recovered enough to regain consciousness but not her memory so she operated on basic instincts to escape where she started running on the streets and eventually she was discovered by purifiers and Kitty with the time displaced x-men. the timing does work because it would mean as soon as Kitty and the original x-men leave Logan would have been called about what happened to Laura and went immediately. yet this creates the problem of where was logan and why wasn't he looking for her because to me Logan would never leave Laura's side if this were the case.

Quote Originally Posted by jhack53 View Post
    it was never explained which is why the timeline is in flux. personally i always had the idea that Logan and the majority of the heroes took the kids to Florida after picking them in Antarctica to get treated, and since Laura just had half of her body blasted away from the radiation from hazmat she took longer to heal. eventually she recovered enough to regain consciousness but not her memory so she operated on basic instincts to escape where she started running on the streets and eventually she was discovered by purifiers and Kitty with the time displaced x-men. the timing does work because it would mean as soon as Kitty and the original x-men leave Logan would have been called about what happened to Laura and went immediately. yet this creates the problem of where was logan and why wasn't he looking for her because to me Logan would never leave Laura's side if this were the case.
    Maybe the Purifiers captured her while she was status normal and the injuries and temporary amnesia was the result of what they were doing to her until she broke away?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Maybe the Purifiers captured her while she was status normal and the injuries and temporary amnesia was the result of what they were doing to her until she broke away?

If that's the case striker jr is probably the one who caught her. Not accounting for a member of the purifiers also being a mutant is the only way I see them getting the upper hand on her.