Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    https://t.co/He8s0h1ODJ?amp=1

Marvel did a artical about her for xmen evolution. They say she is logans generic twin, and dont mention adamantium agenda..looks like retcon got retconed.
    I just wait to see how Percy establishes the relationship between Logan/Laura/Daken in the Wolverine solo, articles like this don't matter much. I'd be surprised and angry if she wasn't perceived as Logan's daughter (genetically or not), but I doubt that will happen

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    I just wait to see how Percy establishes the relationship between Logan/Laura/Daken in the Wolverine solo, articles like this don't matter much. I'd be surprised and angry if she wasn't perceived as Logan's daughter (genetically or not), but I doubt that will happen
    Dont forget gabby, the only member of the wolverine clan who's naturally happy

Dont forget gabby, the only member of the wolverine clan who's naturally happy
    I don't forget her (and the writer is the one who shouldn't), but Logan's relationship with Laura and Daken is more important and it's a long overdue to do something with them in contrast to sidelining Laura or the eternal daddy issues of Daken.
    I'm more worried about how they'll be handled than about Gabby. I'm sure Logan will meet her and Gabby will be fine and bring happiness in their dynamics

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    I don't forget her (and the writer is the one who shouldn't), but Logan's relationship with Laura and Daken is more important and it's a long overdue to do something with them in contrast to sidelining Laura or the eternal daddy issues of Daken.
    I'm more worried about how they'll be handled than about Gabby. I'm sure Logan will meet her and Gabby will be fine and bring happiness in their dynamics
    He's already met Gabby; it just happened off panel

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He's already met Gabby; it just happened off panel
    this wasn't the point, just the way I put it. I'm saying that Gabby is not being out of the picture. I'm sure we'll see her and Logan interact too, and I'm not worried about that. yes, since everyone has been on the island for a while, they're probably already met

BANNED

So has anyone checked out HBO's adaptation of His Dark Materials yet? Dafne Keen is playing Lyra in this version, and I have to say this ought to be shutting up the doubters over whether she's capable of carrying a leading role. She's been downright spectacular four episodes in; Marvel seriously needs to get her signed on to reprise X-23, this kid is for real.

I also find it mildly amusing that she's now had BOTH Professor Xaviers playing opposite her as father figures (Stewart in Logan as a surrogate grandfather, and McAvoy plays Lord Asriel in HDM).

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So has anyone checked out HBO's adaptation of His Dark Materials yet? Dafne Keen is playing Lyra in this version, and I have to say this ought to be shutting up the doubters over whether she's capable of carrying a leading role. She's been downright spectacular four episodes in; Marvel seriously needs to get her signed on to reprise X-23, this kid is for real.

I also find it mildly amusing that she's now had BOTH Professor Xaviers playing opposite her as father figures (Stewart in Logan as a surrogate grandfather, and McAvoy plays Lord Asriel in HDM).
    She is pretty good. No complaints for me

Astonishing Member

Unknown comics cover for xmen 4
    IMG_20191203_172239.jpg

BANNED

Marcio Takara, swiped from Big G's Tumblr.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Did they mutate Jonathan? He looks more anthropomorphic than ever.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Marvel's dropped the ball with Laura. She had such a good trajectory with ANW and that seems to all have been killed in 2019, which has not been a good year for her at all. I guess the only solace is that most of the X-characters suffered but it doesnt seem like she is on her way back on the incline. She's a lead character and IMO shouldnt be shelved or sidelined. Hopefully she gets a permanent spot and/or solo in 2020 with FA going on hiatus

Marvel's dropped the ball with Laura. She had such a good trajectory with ANW and that seems to all have been killed in 2019, which has not been a good year for her at all. I guess the only solace is that most of the X-characters suffered but it doesnt seem like she is on her way back on the incline. She's a lead character and IMO shouldnt be shelved or sidelined. Hopefully she gets a permanent spot and/or solo in 2020 with FA going on hiatus
    She is one of the few characters that can lead a solo, and then marvel mess up that.

We have psylocke on a new book, hopefully Laura will be used on other book as regular

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    She is one of the few characters that can lead a solo, and then marvel mess up that.

We have psylocke on a new book, hopefully Laura will be used on other book as regular
    Percy said she'll appear in xforce, also hill said gabby would appear in FA. So I assume that means after the hiatus shell still be in FA ? Persionaly I really hope she gets a new xmen/ xfactor title

BANNED

I've said before and I'll say again, the mishandling of Laura began even BEFORE ANW, by never letting us actually see the moment when Laura took on the Wolverine cowl, or even made the circumstances matter.

IE, I'd have used Secret Wars to do it. Wolverines set up that Destiny saw the multiverse couldn't survive without Wolverine. So make Laura one of the survivors of the Incursions, and she takes on the Wolverine name right before fulfilling whatever purpose Destiny foresaw for Logan. You have a neat prophecy twist: Destiny saw Wolverine doing something to save the Multiverse...she just got wrong WHICH Wolverine. And you make Laura taking up the cowl become a high-profile moment by putting it at the climax of a major event. It would have made for a great narrative, and may have silenced some of the backlash resulting from Marvel just tossing her into the cowl after a time skip by making it feel more "earned."

The second misstep was how they USED her as Wolverine...which was hardly at all.

And then we didn't even get to see her give up the cowl, or what led her to make that decision. All we got is a flimsy handwave of, "I'm hunting people who made me and I want them to know why."

All of this just emphasizes that Marvel was never really serious about her having the cowl or developing her in a meaningful way.

Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if Laura wouldn't have been better off being part of a Creator Owned series rather the Big Two. Hill having her talk about being in Logan's shadow in Fallen Angels fell flat from a character perspective, but on a meta level honestly isn't too far off the mark.

Percy said she'll appear in xforce, also hill said gabby would appear in FA. So I assume that means after the hiatus shell still be in FA ? Persionaly I really hope she gets a new xmen/ xfactor title
    FA is on undeterminated hiatus, I don't see x-office tying Laura character to it, they already using psylocke on another nook. it was the worst received DoX comic
    Percy said laura gonna show up on x-force and Wolverine solo. I guess daken and Gabby will show up on the solo too