Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jhack53 View Post
    it was never explained which is why the timeline is in flux. personally i always had the idea that Logan and the majority of the heroes took the kids to Florida after picking them in Antarctica to get treated, and since Laura just had half of her body blasted away from the radiation from hazmat she took longer to heal. eventually she recovered enough to regain consciousness but not her memory so she operated on basic instincts to escape where she started running on the streets and eventually she was discovered by purifiers and Kitty with the time displaced x-men. the timing does work because it would mean as soon as Kitty and the original x-men leave Logan would have been called about what happened to Laura and went immediately. yet this creates the problem of where was logan and why wasn't he looking for her because to me Logan would never leave Laura's side if this were the case.
    Maybe Logan figured she went on another walk about

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    for some reason I was expecting Laura and Gabby to be new neighbors for Peter before reading this. lol
    Dang it, now I want this to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Dang it, now I want this to happen.
    I'd wager at least some interaction between Laura and spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampoozie View Post
    I'd wager at least some interaction between Laura and spidey.
    She's perfect for him. She can't die from falling, so that solves one issue. She can't get cancer from radioactive spider semen so there's that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    If that's the case striker jr is probably the one who caught her. Not accounting for a member of the purifiers also being a mutant is the only way I see them getting the upper hand on her.
    Any memories I have of that story (assuming I even read it in full in the first place) are really hazy, so I could be very wrong about how it works.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I wonder if Laura will be on an x-team after this whole x-man event is over? I like that she is in uncanny even though all she does is act like Logan.

I wonder if Laura will be on an x-team after this whole x-man event is over? I like that she is in uncanny even though all she does is act like Logan.
    I hate that she's on uncanny, and hope she stay's off a bloody team; they never know what to do with her. (That and with the exceptions one or 2, teams tend to suck now days.)
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    I hate that she's on uncanny, and hope she stay's off a bloody team; they never know what to do with her. (That and with the exceptions one or 2, teams tend to suck now days.)
    I think any exposure is good, it’ll keep the character popular and relevant. Even if she isn’t written right right now doesn’t mean she won’t be in the future. After Logan pops back up they will have to at least have to write her personality different from his.

I think any exposure is good, it’ll keep the character popular and relevant. Even if she isn’t written right right now doesn’t mean she won’t be in the future. After Logan pops back up they will have to at least have to write her personality different from his.
    Really?! Wow, good to know Jenifer Walters isn't still being written like she's the Hulk but ****, given that the Hulk's back from the dead... oh wait.

You logic doesn't track at all.

If the exposed "Popular" version of the character is the one that bears no resemblance to her, then that just serves to ingrain and codify those elements.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Really?! Wow, good to know Jenifer Walters isn't still being written like she's the Hulk but ****, given that the Hulk's back from the dead... oh wait.

If the exposed "Popular" version of the character is the one that bears no resemblance to her, then that just serves to ingrain and codify those elements.

I agree. I’d rather have Laura in less books, but have her written well, as opposed to her being in a lot of books and being written horribly.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I agree. I’d rather have Laura in less books, but have her written well, as opposed to her being in a lot of books and being written horribly.
    I don't want her ending up like Wolverine in a gazillion books but with no character.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I don't want her ending up like Wolverine in a gazillion books but with no character.
    Frankly, these days we're doing good to see ANYONE written in-character.

I honestly believe that exposure for Laura is good. I’d rather be complaining that she was written out of character than complaining that she’s no longer in any books.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Remember to have your anti-depressants nearby before you read UXM #10.

Astonishing Member

I've got to ask this now is repeatedly reminding everyone onaga red has slime tenticals hinting at something from her ?