Page 71 of 74 FirstFirst ... 21616768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1104

I stopped reading the Tamaki series bc there was too much emphasis on Gabby, even more so than Taylor. Its like she wanted to write a Gabby solo with Laura as her supporting cast and not the other way around

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I stopped reading the Tamaki series bc there was too much emphasis on Gabby, even more so than Taylor. Its like she wanted to write a Gabby solo with Laura as her supporting cast and not the other way around
    While I like Gabby, I think a lot of writers like the idea of Gabby as Jubilee 2.0 and just want to write her as such.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreatLevel-X View Post
    Tamaki’s run did appeal to me more than Taylor’s, it makes me wonder where she would have gone with things had it not been cancelled.
    What I do think Laura’s stories suffer from is a lack of variety. All the ‘cloning blues’ have gotten stale quickly, especially with a character that potentially offers much more in terms of topics to explore.
    While her dialogue was good, outside the first arc with the Cuckoos it was pretty meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Taylor giving her the motivation to hunt down the people who paid the Facility to use her was a great idea. I wish Tamaki had gone with that instead of going the tired clone route. Hopefully another writer picks that up eventually.
    To this day I maintain the belief that OWL was not supposed to be the finale of Taylor's run but more of an intermission/bridge to the next big story arc which would have put the Laura's on a collision course. Which would have been REALLY enterprising for all parties involved.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Taylor giving her the motivation to hunt down the people who paid the Facility to use her was a great idea.
    ESPECIALLY because it would have put her in conflict with Kingpin. There's a lot of great things that could have been done with that thread.

Laura working with the Orphans of X and hunting down the Facility and the people who paid for her services was such a cool idea that seems to have been completely abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Laura working with the Orphans of X and hunting down the Facility and the people who paid for her services was such a cool idea that seems to have been completely abandoned.
    In other words, business as usual for comics?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    In other words, business as usual for comics?
    Yep. Seems like JDW on X-books completely derailed taylor's run

Now that Kid cable has a solo, I hope Laura will get hers

If Laura does get another solo, here’s my wish list for it:

1) Less “buffyspeak”, more stoicism.. personality more like the Tamaki book rather than the “grr argh I’m going to mount heads to walls” bs we see occasionally.
    2) More time away from Gabby. Gabby more as a supporting character than a sidekick.
    3) Reunions with her old friends and roles for them as supporting cast. Kiden, Gambit, Jubilee, Mercury, Dust, and Hellion specifically, and maybe Daken here or there.
    4) Continue the Orphans Of X storyline.
    5) Show and don’t tell her relationship with Logan to an extent, without relying on forced retcon flashbacks.
    6) Let Laura be goth again.

If she's going goth again, she can get Daken to help her paint her nails black and do extra goth makeup

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Was she goth enough here, nine years ago?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

All-New Member

If Laura does get another solo, here’s my wish list for it:

1) Less “buffyspeak”, more stoicism.. personality more like the Tamaki book rather than the “grr argh I’m going to mount heads to walls” bs we see occasionally.
    2) More time away from Gabby. Gabby more as a supporting character than a sidekick.
    3) Reunions with her old friends and roles for them as supporting cast. Kiden, Gambit, Jubilee, Mercury, Dust, and Hellion specifically, and maybe Daken here or there.
    4) Continue the Orphans Of X storyline.
    5) Show and don’t tell her relationship with Logan to an extent, without relying on forced retcon flashbacks.
    I’d like for her aunt and cousin to be mentioned too, even if just in passing. Now that Taylor’s run is over writers have forgotten they exist again.

Astonishing Member

You'll never guess what part of ANAD marvel was left ouf of history of the marvel Universe

BANNED

Don't leave us in suspense. :-P

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Don't leave us in suspense. :-P
    To be fair how ever you feel a about ANW being a foot note its probably spoilers:
    better then what Laura felt watching her owner psylock ... I dont know how describe what shes doing to DR. Manhattan
    end of spoilers

Please say all-new X-men.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Please say all-new X-men.
    This a foot not and one sence of her in the costume
    Screenshot_20191218-094631_Marvel Comics.jpg