Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1104
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    This a foot not and one sence of her in the costume
    Attachment 90413
    Ugh. She's not the 23rd attempt. She's the 23rd attempt at the FEMALE.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yep. Seems like JDW on X-books completely derailed taylor's run
    Can't say I find it a fair deal, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Now that Kid cable has a solo, I hope Laura will get hers
    I would like that very much.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Was she goth enough here, nine years ago?
    Hm. ‘Goth enough’ is a bit of a broad statement, especially since most who participate in the goth subculture see goth music (Bauhaus/The Cure/Sisters of Mercy to name a few) as most important in terms of defining themselves as goth.

What I don’t think we’ll be seeing anytime soon in an interior is her old costume, especially considering Choi’s new design caused such outrage. MvC isn’t a very good representation of Laura’s character either, it’s a bit proto-Bendis or Brisson dialogue-wise.

I know Ambaryerno and Beaubier have expressed similar desires to see Laura dress in a gothic style again. For me personally, if she were to be shown with boots, a choker, even dark/black lipstick I’d be happy. She doesn’t need to wear goth clubwear 24/7, that wouldn’t really be practical anyway.
    BEB62553-94C4-4A91-8697-031EF72F0633.jpgD459DC83-27F2-49AC-B181-56AED0E6752A.jpg
    I feel like Crain isn’t given much due for his portrayal of Laura, but he’s one of my personal favourites. He did her civvies quite dark yet practical.
    Last edited by ThreatLevel-X; 12-18-2019 at 04:26 PM.

The “outrage” to Choi’s design is over exaggerated. It was just some loud people on Twitter. Marvel has clearly ignored it since they haven’t exactly rushed to redesign her outfit. There’s really nothing wrong with her current costume.

Astonishing Member

I think that was a combination of how good her wolverine costume was and how hated mavels handling of the transition from ANW

Really almost everything about Laura’s stint as Wolverine was handled poorly. From the fact that we never saw her make the decision to take the cowl, to the fact that we rarely ever saw Laura in her Wolverine role outside of Taylor’s books (and instead OML was all over the place), to the fact that she abruptly dumped the name with only a snippet explaining why.

None of it was really satisfactory. You had all of these high profile characters calling her Wolverine in her book, you have her loudly declaring she’s Wolverine too, and then she quickly and quietly goes back to X-23 for a sensible, if somewhat anticlimactic reason in story. Ignoring the fact that she decided to become Wolverine to keep Logan’s memory alive, and then when he comes back.. still to date no reunion. I think more fans would’ve been satisfied if Laura decided to stop using the name during a conversation with Logan about how she doesn’t feel the need to carry on his name because he’s back. Some people would still complain, but it wouldn’t feel so rushed and half assed.

I never really liked Laura using Logan’s code name, so it never upset me that she’s back to X-23, but narratively the story we were given for the hows and whys has sucked.

BANNED

At first I thought the mishandling was because Marvel just didn't know what to do with her, but after someone reported JDW commented about being surprised about how well she scores in popularity polls, now I wonder if it's really a lot of the same "She's not an O5/Claremont/Byrne/Lee character so she's not important" attitude that has kept the NXM relegated to wallpaper since Second Coming. However they also can't wallpaper her as well because she's too proven of a commodity to do so, so she's been stuck in weird "don't want to use her for anything, but she sells too well not to" purgatory.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 12-19-2019 at 11:54 AM.

She hasnt had a meaningful stint in a team title since X-Force. She tends to just get thrown into them bc she is popular but the writers tend to not know how to integrate her well with the rest of the cast. This is often a problem with Logan but at least he has decades worth of relationships for the other characters to play off of even if he doesnt get much character development. Laura unfortunately doesnt have that luxury and tends to stick out like a sore thumb. I did like her in Bendis' ANX, but she did feel like an outsider

All-New Member

CA0B735B-F302-430A-A462-738A9D887147.jpg
    Found this beautiful piece on Instagram done by https://www.instagram.com/paolo_pantalena/

I think that there should have been more interaction between Laura and Logan prior to Laura becoming wolverine, rather than just flashbacks (and ironically those were some of the most notable moments between the two). Having her suddenly call her ‘dad’ in ANW felt a little jarring imo.
    Last edited by ThreatLevel-X; 12-19-2019 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    At first I thought the mishandling was because Marvel just didn't know what to do with her, but after someone reported JDW commented about being surprised about how well she scores in popularity polls, now I wonder if it's really a lot of the same "She's not an O5/Claremont/Byrne/Lee character so she's not important" attitude that has kept the NXM relegated to wallpaper since Second Coming. However they also can't wallpaper her as well because she's too proven of a commodity to do so, so she's been stuck in weird "don't want to use her for anything, but she sells too well not to" purgatory.
    Probably it. It’s difficult for an x-character to get to do anything if they’re not rooted in nostalgia, it seems. I saw another comment that the X-Men’s greatest enemy is an obsession with the past, and I wholeheartedly agree with that. That’s why it’s felt so stale until the recent status quo change. Would not surprise me at all if that’s why Laura can’t be handled with the care she needs from a story standpoint.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Probably it. It’s difficult for an x-character to get to do anything if they’re not rooted in nostalgia, it seems. I saw another comment that the X-Men’s greatest enemy is an obsession with the past, and I wholeheartedly agree with that. That’s why it’s felt so stale until the recent status quo change. Would not surprise me at all if that’s why Laura can’t be handled with the care she needs from a story standpoint.
    Honestly, is it REALLY all that big of a status quo change? If you look at the rosters, other than Hellions for the most part it's still the exact same characters as ever getting the focus. A book needs a New X-Man? Oh hey, look, it's Quentin @$%ing Quire and Glob.

Honestly, is it REALLY all that big of a status quo change? If you look at the rosters, other than Hellions for the most part it's still the exact same characters as ever getting the focus. A book needs a New X-Man? Oh hey, look, it's Quentin @$%ing Quire and Glob.
    Mostly of times they are using the same characters, this is part of my deception with DOX

I was just thinking the same. I was so excited initially when this new era started, because of the premise of every mutant coming back and the opportunity of lesser used mutants getting some time to shine, but just look at the books now: the same old characters being used everywhere. There are several beloved B, C list characters that are haven't been used for a long time and who we've been waiting to see again, and none of them is getting featured anywhere...Besides the same few pet characters that are always pushed by certain writers. there are still prominent characters missing too, but interestingly, characters like the Hellions cast gets a book sooner than them... Even Laura who is the most successful newer character who had a chance and got a lot of focus before unlike the other newer characters got completely sidelined in this new era.... It's getting quite noticeable

I got insulted in another topic for pointing this exact issue out. They brought everyone back just to focus on Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean, Emma and Kitty again. The only exceptions seem to be the pet character of some writers like Quire and Glob.

I guess Betsy and Psylock are an exception, but they seem to be primarily trying to fix the super messy race/culture/everything issue surrounding that character

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I got insulted in another topic for pointing this exact issue out. They brought everyone back just to focus on Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean, Emma and Kitty again. The only exceptions seem to be the pet character of some writers like Quire and Glob.

I guess Betsy and Psylock are an exception, but they seem to be primarily trying to fix the super messy race/culture/everything issue surrounding that character
    Quentin and glob had big focus on aaron x-men, and glob since Brisson started writing x-men books.
    Betsy have been on focus for some time, kwannon is a must for the ninja japanese brand that psylocke is known on games