Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Clickbait, don't care.

I like the fact that Mera has prospered quite well post DCnU 52 reboot. She's definitely a great character with a ton of potential and charisma. I also like the idea of her being the monarch of Atlantis much more than I thought I would.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

As the current ruler of Atlantis, I would like to see Mera interact with more world leaders. I also would like to see her have Atlantis engage in some off-world relations with some of DC's alien races.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    This looks interesting. I don't like the voice they chose for Mera in this clip but I do like the artwork. I also don't mind the idea of a dark-haired Arthur and think it works fine. I like the idea of this story being told from Mera's perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    As the current ruler of Atlantis, I would like to see Mera interact with more world leaders. I also would like to see her have Atlantis engage in some off-world relations with some of DC's alien races.
    the fact that Mera is the ruler of Atlantis goes against all that Aquaman and its history have always been. Mera is xebellian a sworn enemy of Atlantis. Just that makes her unacceptable to Atlanteans even more than the half breed Arthur.
    Besides previously Mera did not want to go back to Atlantis and she stayed on the surface while Arthur went back, she wanted nothing to do with Atlantis. She even told wonder woman that she hated atlanteans for what they did to her ancestors.
    And now she is the Ruler, it does not make sense.

One of her most admirable qualities have always been her loyalty nearly to a fault to Arthur and now she takes the throne when he is the legitimate King?

Had she and Arthur have an underage son, and she acts as a regent that would be acceptable and even makes sense but definitely Not a stand alone xebellian Mera.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    the fact that Mera is the ruler of Atlantis goes against all that Aquaman and its history have always been. Mera is xebellian a sworn enemy of Atlantis. Just that makes her unacceptable to Atlanteans even more than the half breed Arthur.
    Besides previously Mera did not want to go back to Atlantis and she stayed on the surface while Arthur went back, she wanted nothing to do with Atlantis. She even told wonder woman that she hated atlanteans for what they did to her ancestors.
    And now she is the Ruler, it does not make sense.

One of her most admirable qualities have always been her loyalty nearly to a fault to Arthur and now she takes the throne when he is the legitimate King?

Had she and Arthur have an underage son, and she acts as a regent that would be acceptable and even makes sense but definitely Not a stand alone xebellian Mera.
    The reasoning behind justifying Mera as ruler of Atlantis is certainly strange. However, since she is ruler for the time being I would like this new role explored. If the Atlantean people do not like the idea of a Xebellian being their ruler then I would love to see that on panel. I think this can lead to a ton of political and domestic upheaval in Atlantis giving Mera her own issues to deal with while Arthur gains his memory back.

Non blonde Arthur will take some getting used to .

I really liked Mera in the movie. I'd like to know/watch more about her story before that movie, like how she grew up and her family and friends, and later how she met Atlanna. Plus the political relations of her kingdom with Atlantis. I'm really not interested in her taking Arthur's place, tho. Had enough of that with Supergirl's show.

I might actually get this.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I really liked Mera in the movie. I'd like to know/watch more about her story before that movie, like how she grew up and her family and friends, and later how she met Atlanna. Plus the political relations of her kingdom with Atlantis. I'm really not interested in her taking Arthur's place, tho. Had enough of that with Supergirl's show.
    Mera's story in the comics is different from the movie, she comes from xebel an ancient penal colony of atlantis and was trained to kill the king of Atlantis their sworn enemy. When she went to Atlantis to accomplish her mission she instead fell in love with Arthur, who happened to be the king of Atlantis. There are versions in the comics in which they married and even had a son, who was killed by black manta, in others they are engaged, they decide to abandon Atlantis and live on the surface, only to return again. Currently mera is the queen, Arthur is considered dead by all. Probably mera will have suitors after her and seems that they have decided after all these years to separate her and arthur. Mera a xebellian as queen of atlantis is ridiculous since atlanteans consider them as enemies, Orm calls her as a convict.

Post the DCnU 52 reboot, Mera has been portrayed well overall. I hope DC can continue to keep her momentum going. It seems that Mera has also been received well by the fans of the Aquaman movie. I hope this leads to Mera getting more appearances in other forms of media such as animated cartoons/movies, video-games, merchandise, etc.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Atlantis doesn't want anything to do with the people who live on land. Why the heck would they want to have relations with people who aren't even from the same planet?