Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Mera: Tidebreaker trailer.

Princess Mera is teenage royalty and heir to the throne of Xebel, a colony ruled by the other no-so-lost land under the sea, Atlantis. Her father, his court, and the entire kingdom are expecting her to marry and introduce a new king. But Mera is destined to wear a different crown....

When the Xebellian military plots to overthrow Atlantis and break free of its oppressive regime, Mera seizes the opportunity to take control of her own destiny by assassinating Arthur Curry—the long-lost prince and heir to the kingdom of Atlantis. But her mission gets sidetracked when Mera and Arthur unexpectedly fall in love. Will Arthur Curry be the king at Mera’s side, or will he die under her blade as she attempts to free her people from persecution?

An astonishing story that explores duty, love, heroism, and freedom…all through the eyes of readers’ favorite undersea royalty.

From New York Times best-selling author Danielle Paige (Dorothy Must Die) and artist Stephen Byrne comes a Mera -and-Aquaman story that explores Mera’s first steps on land, and her first steps as a hero or villain, forcing her to choose to follow her heart or her mission to kill.
    Out on 4/2!

https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nov...ra-tidebreaker

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

Out on 4/2!

Looks like a fun read, especially since I've always been interested in Mera and Arthur's initial romance with the "Xebel assassin" retcon.

Will definitely check it out

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Agreed (especially since it's pretty much the design they went with for the movie).

Heck, I just miss Reis drawing Aquaman and his world in general.
    I'm with you. It was a good update of her Silver Age look and I miss it all the time.

Out on 4/2!

I'm looking forward to this. I like this alternate take on Mera and and I'm glad to see her get some more attention.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I'm looking forward to this. I like this alternate take on Mera and and I'm glad to see her get some more attention.
    Me too, I also miss Ivan Reis drawing, but for the moment this new take will at least make up for me from the current aquaman run.

Mera and Arthur behind scenes
    Last edited by juan678; 04-02-2019 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    The Book relates about the indomitable Spirit of Mera, how she defied her father, her own people just to do what she want to do independently, free from any shackles. That is real Mera as we came to know her, being her own person.
    The book should be handed to KSD maybe she learns something about a character she has dismissed.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Out on 4/2!

Looking forward to getting this!

Me too, at least we will have Mera as she should be. fiery, headstrong and independent.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    Me too, at least we will have Mera as she should be. fiery, headstrong and independent.
    long live the queen of the seven seas, man!

any body read the book yet?

Finally I read Mera Tidebreaker, I loved every page of it. The first meeting or Arthur and Mera from a slightly new perspective, but those two together rock.
    Hope that through this book DC realizes that these two are dynamite together, and hope they kick KSD for Danielle paige, for sure she could do a hundred times better job.
    Fans are showering praise on the book, Arthur and Mera together are a sure win, only KSD fails to notice this, so much for her so called greatness.

I am reading now Mera: Tidebreaker and I am loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I am reading now Mera: Tidebreaker and I am loving it.
    Indeed it is very good, even the new perspective given by Paige on Mera's origin is innovative and I believe that it can be made canon by DC. Mera's character is written as it should be, that of a Young woman who does not take what others plan or decide for her. She's her own person and takes no dictates.