Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    I thought he was done with Marvel, especially considering he didn't have any of his Marvel stuff at his booth.
    Who? Jim Zub?
    He is currently writing Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda, and will also write a mini featuring Conan and Moon Knight.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You mean Detective Comics, right? In the late 70s? They ended up cancelling Batman Family instead. Batman itself has never been threatened with cancellation.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Batman_Family_Vol_1
    Afaik prior to the Adam Westvseries his sales were slumping.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Who? Jim Zub?
    He is currently writing Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda, and will also write a mini featuring Conan and Moon Knight.
    Modern Moon Knight or a Cimmerian era Moon Knight?

Modern. I guess time travel must be involved. There are two other Robert E Howard characters there too, but they're from the more recent past, not the Cimmerian era.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Who? Jim Zub?
    And until last month, he was helping Slott with Iron Man - he left that to start preparations for what he says is a bucket list Marvel book out in February.

His own booth probably just had his creator owned stuff on?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-05-2019 at 05:07 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Modern. I guess time travel must be involved. There are two other Robert E Howard characters there too, but they're from the more recent past, not the Cimmerian era.
    Well...Conan is currently kicking around in modern times.

Not in his solo books. The Conan comics have always been set across multiple eras of his life. Besides, the other two Howard characters also require time travel.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

From heroes to zeroes: An autopsy of Marvel’s failed ‘Champions’ relaunch
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ions-relaunch/

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

From heroes to zeroes: An autopsy of Marvel’s failed ‘Champions’ relaunch
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ions-relaunch/
    I mean I liked it overall but I do think it was a misgamble on Zub's part to commit to that drawn out storyline.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Not fully relaunching when Zub took over was a foolish move. I know people were complaining when a series got relaunched but this needed a #1 and to not do that backfired. And then doing a whole dissembled arc and not focusing on the new members was also a big misfire. No one cared about Pinpoint or the new members added if you don't focus on them.

Yeah. I agree, they should've relaunched at issue 19, not 28. There were people saying they didn't like the book, having tried Waid's run - but not realising he was no longer the writer.

Pinpoint is Indian, so perhaps Amadeus should take him to Atlas. That team would probably find his power very useful.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I think part of it too is way too many characters got introduced in such a short time frame. I know a lot of Sam Alexander fans got fed up with how long the payoff to him losing his helmet took.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

The team has suffered ANOTHER cancellation. Zub's Champions run and Immortal Hulk were both due to start in the next issue of Mighty World of Marvel, but it's instead been cancelled.
    http://lewstringer.blogspot.com/2019...of-marvel.html

The team has suffered ANOTHER cancellation. Zub's Champions run and Immortal Hulk were both due to start in the next issue of Mighty World of Marvel, but it's instead been cancelled.
    http://lewstringer.blogspot.com/2019...of-marvel.html
    Huh. Guess it just didn't sell well ?

I guess not - obviously people didn't like Infinity Wars (running that for the last few months was the reason Champions had gone on hiatus after they finished Waid's run). Though if they were going to get rid of one of the seven Collectors Editions, I personally think it should've been Wolverine and Deadpool, since Deadpool Unleashed exists, and now they don't have a suitable title for Champions, GOTG, Hulk or Fantastic Four. MWOM was their catch-all title (the other four are Essential X-Men, Astonishing Spider-Man, Avengers Universe, and Marvel Legends, the latter being Iron Man, Thor and Captain America).

With Titan having axed their entire DC line last year, I do wonder if this is the beginning of the end for Panini's Marvel line as well, which would leave Doctor Who Magazine as the last surviving thing from the old Marvel UK.

Sam and the most recent Nova solo series are mentioned in the Annihilation Scourge: Nova one-shot.