Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Can you explain what you mean please? A quick Google search tells me Henry Blake is a M*A*S*H character, but I don't know what you mean by "pull a Henry Blake".
    One of the episodes of MASH was Henry leaving Korean and going home. They did a the whole good-bye with everyone and then after he was gone they find out his plane flying home was shot down and everyone aboard was killed.

While I find the Bradley family interesting...if Marvel is not (never??) going to use them then just kill them off off panel and put together a team that hunts down the perpetrators. Otherwise they should cut a deal and pony up the money to buy the characters outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    So...next month in issue 6....(not sure about the spoiler so mods please let me know if I can un-spoil it as it is the solicit)

A global team vs a global threat! The Champions must hold the line or Earth will fall to creatures and chaos! Even if they succeed, these young heroes are about to lose one of their own...

Who do you think or...who do you want...to get shwacked?

Me...I am not liking the new Patriot...give me Eli as Patriot.
    If it's in the solicit, it's not a spoiler.

Let's run down the list:

Ms Marvel - safe as she appears in three other books.
    Miles - safe, he appears in two other books. Probably absent from that issue anyway.
    Nova - safe, he's not in that issue, returns in issue 7.
    Brawn - safe, he misses that issue due to New Agents of Atlas.
    Viv - safe, as we know she'll be involved in future storylines, and just had a death undone.
    Dust - safe, she's only just been brought in and is on loan from the X office
    Bombshell - safe, as she's known to be appearing in future Miles Morales issues.
    Ironheart - safe, she has a solo book
    Wasp - safe, she has a solo book and will be missing that issue anyway.

Which leaves Locust, Snowguard, Pinpoint, Power Man, Patriot, and Falcon. A rivalry was established between Joaquin and Amka in issue 1 of the relaunch, so I would expect them to be safe, since it's not been followed up on yet. Patriot is a member of the cartoon Marvel Rising team and thus I don't understand why he's not in the Rising comic. Editorial mandate means he should be safe, regardless. Zub just created Pinpoint, we hardly know him. Surely he won't be offed so soon? That leaves Power Man and Locust. Zub was forced to include Locust because of what Waid had previously established. It wouldn't have made sense to recruit anyone else before the existing reserves, which were her, Falcon and Patriot.

Speaking of reserves, I wonder if the Reinforcement Roster will be called in? They should be, since we're currently down five core members (Miles, Amadeus, Sam, Riri and Nadia). We know that Silk is with the New Agents of Atlas, and Honey Badger's stuck in the Age of X-Man. Prodigy can't be killed as he appeared already in an Uncanny X-Men issue set after War of the Realms. So that would leave Moon Girl, who is safe due to having a solo book, Cloud 9, and Red Dagger. We don't know yet if Magnificent Ms Marvel will use Kareem at all. He may be safe for the same reason as Bombshell. Saladin Ahmed must have spoken to Zub about any plans he has for those two. Cloud 9 is expendable, having not had a major role since the Superhuman Registration Act was repealed and Avengers The Initiative ended, nine years ago.

So Power Man, Locust, and Cloud 9 are the likeliest casualties, I think. If the solicit is even telling the truth - Zub and his co-writers pulled a curve ball once recently already, as issue 10 of the Avengers No Road Home book mentioned an Avenger falling in the solicit. Nobody died in the end, and Vision's impending death was actually prevented.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Zub just created Pinpoint, we hardly know him. Surely he won't be offed so soon?
    It's possible that Zub created him because he wants a character to die but doesn't want to kill somebody else's creation.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Are we sure it's a death and not another person leaving the team? If it is a death does that mean Mephisto is gonna come stick his nose in things again?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    It's possible that Zub created him because he wants a character to die but doesn't want to kill somebody else's creation.
    And looking back to the All New, All Different X-Men...they shwacked Thunderbird pretty quick after his introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Are we sure it's a death and not another person leaving the team? If it is a death does that mean Mephisto is gonna come stick his nose in things again?
    We know the devil isn't done with Miles. You know, it's going to be really interesting when issue 8 gets solicited.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

If it's in the solicit, it's not a spoiler.

Let's run down the list:

Ms Marvel - safe as she appears in three other books.
    Miles - safe, he appears in two other books. Probably absent from that issue anyway.
    Nova - safe, he's not in that issue, returns in issue 7.
    Brawn - safe, he misses that issue due to New Agents of Atlas.
    Viv - safe, as we know she'll be involved in future storylines, and just had a death undone.
    Dust - safe, she's only just been brought in and is on loan from the X office
    Bombshell - safe, as she's known to be appearing in future Miles Morales issues.
    Ironheart - safe, she has a solo book
    Wasp - safe, she has a solo book and will be missing that issue anyway.

Which leaves Locust, Snowguard, Pinpoint, Power Man, Patriot, and Falcon. A rivalry was established between Joaquin and Amka in issue 1 of the relaunch, so I would expect them to be safe, since it's not been followed up on yet. Patriot is a member of the cartoon Marvel Rising team and thus I don't understand why he's not in the Rising comic. Editorial mandate means he should be safe, regardless. Zub just created Pinpoint, we hardly know him. Surely he won't be offed so soon? That leaves Power Man and Locust. Zub was forced to include Locust because of what Waid had previously established. It wouldn't have made sense to recruit anyone else before the existing reserves, which were her, Falcon and Patriot.

Speaking of reserves, I wonder if the Reinforcement Roster will be called in? They should be, since we're currently down five core members (Miles, Amadeus, Sam, Riri and Nadia). We know that Silk is with the New Agents of Atlas, and Honey Badger's stuck in the Age of X-Man. Prodigy can't be killed as he appeared already in an Uncanny X-Men issue set after War of the Realms. So that would leave Moon Girl, who is safe due to having a solo book, Cloud 9, and Red Dagger. We don't know yet if Magnificent Ms Marvel will use Kareem at all. He may be safe for the same reason as Bombshell. Saladin Ahmed must have spoken to Zub about any plans he has for those two. Cloud 9 is expendable, having not had a major role since the Superhuman Registration Act was repealed and Avengers The Initiative ended, nine years ago.

So Power Man, Locust, and Cloud 9 are the likeliest casualties, I think. If the solicit is even telling the truth - Zub and his co-writers pulled a curve ball once recently already, as issue 10 of the Avengers No Road Home book mentioned an Avenger falling in the solicit. Nobody died in the end, and Vision's impending death was actually prevented.
    Hoping it ain't Locust...I like her so far...her obnoxious exuberance (I must recite my sacred mission to all I encounter) aside. The only thing I don't like is her lack of wings on her suitl

This was posted in the Young Avengers thread. Viv's family tree, from the cancelled Vision mini.

I think I see why it was nixed, as there's several mistakes here:
    • Wanda and Pietro are stated to be Magneto's children, but that's not been canon since Uncanny Avengers.
    • Nadia is referred to as Pym instead of Van Dyne, and the way the branches are linked indicates she's Janet's natural child, which is incorrect, Janet only adopted her and Maria is her real mother.
    • Sue Richards is referred to as Mrs Fantastic instead of Invisible Woman.
    • Wanda is said to be never talked about, but that contradicts the ending of Tom King's Vision, where Wanda was the one who returned Sparky to Viv.

Sales for April for all the Champions related books:

https://comichron.com/monthlycomicss...9/2019-04.html

Unstoppable Wasp is cancelled.
    https://www.newsarama.com/45150-unst...-after-10.html
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-14-2019 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Forgot to include the Comichron link

Disappointing. This is my favorite current book. Will live in for me through the trades though.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

For anyone interested two Champions members were in today's issue of Old Man Quill #5.

spoilers:
    Viv has part of her head missing and is now known as Madame Avenger. Sam became Nova Prime, and is seen defending Xandar.
    end of spoilers

I wonder if anyone else besides those two would still be alive?
    spoilers:
    I would imagine that Kamala and Amadeus would be at least, as they have healing factors.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Viv has part of her head missing and is now known as Madame Avenger. Sam became Nova Prime, and is seen defending Xandar.
    end of spoilers

I wonder if anyone else besides those two would still be alive?
    spoilers:
    I would imagine that Kamala and Amadeus would be at least, as they have healing factors.
    end of spoilers
    Of the remaining original members Kamala could easily still be alive. I imagine life would be hard for Amadeus if he still has his powers as hulks probably aren't too popular. And as for Miles it's a bit of a tossup he could easily still be alive, but it raises the question of where he's been during spiderverse related events and why he's done nothing about Ashley Barton.

Sales for April for all the Champions related books:

https://comichron.com/monthlycomicss...9/2019-04.html

Unstoppable Wasp is cancelled.
    https://www.newsarama.com/45150-unst...-after-10.html
    I get almost all of those books, the exceptions being the two lowest rated:

Marvel Rising and Unstoppable Wasp.

What is the sales threshold for cancellation?

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I hope not, i kind of like him. Locust, on the other hand, doesn’t interest me.