Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Remember he's not writing some no named or Z list guy-that is Miles Morales and he brings the baggage of an Oscar and higher expectations by management.

So Saladin might be limited in what he can and can not do with Miles for the moment.
    That's not such a great thing for Miles. He's still a relatively new characters and being bogged down with limitations like Peter might just mean no one who isn't an A-list will be able to take any interesting directions with the character. It would be awful if Saladin had some amazing plans that he was forced to abandon because Miles starred in a successful movie.

Just updated the first post to say that Sam is Nova (instead of formerly being Nova) and to update Gabby's codename (she's Scout now, not Honey Badger). However...
    Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Who do you think is the reverve member which name begins with a "S"?
    Surge? Shark ****? Speed? Striker? Squirrel Girl? Stature? Spider Girl? Spider Gwen? Spider Something Else? Sun Girl?
    Unfortunately this is now something we'll never find out. None of the reinforcement members ever made a physical appearance, and are unlikely to now. We do know it wasn't Stature though, as Cassie didn't meet Nadia until Unstoppable Wasp #7.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Remember he's not writing some no named or Z list guy-that is Miles Morales and he brings the baggage of an Oscar and higher expectations by management.

So Saladin might be limited in what he can and can not do with Miles for the moment.
    I definitely give Saladin the benefit of the doubt there. I am curious to see what this anniversary issue has in store and the ultimate green goblin.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post

Now that I think about it most of the major members of the team have gotten some form of costume change over this series.
    A minor cosmetic update, but I quite like it, personally. Thematically and aesthetically, the slightly more armored look gives a ruggeder, sturdier, and more mature feel to the outfit. But it's not over much, so it still retains a sleek look befitting Nova. There's a symbolic take, too, since armored versions of an upgrade evoke more strength and power, etc. (hence why it's a motif thing in shows and series like some Shonen stuff and so forth).

It worked for Wasp and Iceman...and probably some of the Champion's respective solo books .

Although if they already have the next teen hero thing planned for 2020 I'm not sure if Marvel is planning to bring back the Champions. Unless it is just a relaunched Champions.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It worked for Wasp and Iceman...and probably some of the Champion's respective solo books .

Although if they already have the next teen hero thing planned for 2020 I'm not sure if Marvel is planning to bring back the Champions. Unless it is just a relaunched Champions.
    I'm still of the belief that they're going to wind up consolidating Champions and Marvel Rising, especially since there was so much cross over between the rosters with Miles being in the last comic and Riri in the special.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I'm still of the belief that they're going to wind up consolidating Champions and Marvel Rising, especially since there was so much cross over between the rosters with Miles being in the last comic and Riri in the special.
    Makes me wonder if they'd try to use the animated roster or just make it it's own thing where it can use practically every teen Marvel hero.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Makes me wonder if they'd try to use the animated roster or just make it it's own thing where it can use practically every teen Marvel hero.
    I could see them rotating out the characters with Squirrel Girl and Ms. Marvel being the fixtures since they're the "main characters."
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I could see them rotating out the characters with Squirrel Girl and Ms. Marvel being the fixtures since they're the "main characters."
    Well, Doreen definitely seems to hog screentime on the special .

I guess they can use Gwen now since they're moving her to 616, more or less.

Yeah, they can. With Gwen in 616, they can now do a Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors book with a TV accurate lineup. But that still leaves most of the Champions without a home, as the only Champs in the Rising team are Ms. Marvel, Patriot, and Ironheart, and Amadeus is the only one on a different team (Agents of Atlas). The solution there is to have two more teen books launch alongside. One would be a relaunch for either the Champions or the Young Avengers. Dust could get her own team, a revival of the old New X-Men title, using some of the mutant kids.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Something rubs me the wrong way about Kamala, Miles, and Sam potentially dropping/disbanding their very own team just to be consolidated into another team that carries the name "Avengers", that just sounds like a big no-no to me(and thats outside of the fact these 3 and even some former Young Avengers members have since been on legit Avengers teams, just sounds like a downgrade in a backwards way to me *shrug*)

Not saying they should never be any kind of Avengers ever again, but considering the relative short time since they quit the Avengers, they shouldn't even be considering taking up a team with that name until they're at least are a bit more older than they are now, like early to mid 20s.
    Last edited by Nerwrax15; 08-13-2019 at 07:41 PM.

Same here. My biggest fear going forward is them losing THEIR team only to be absorbed by or renamed into another team.

Time to go buy the TPB. Glad there's still hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Something rubs me the wrong way about Kamala, Miles, and Sam potentially dropping/disbanding their very own team just to be consolidated into another team that carries the name "Avengers", that just sounds like a big no-no to me(and thats outside of the fact these 3 and even some former Young Avengers members have since been on legit Avengers teams, just sounds like a downgrade in a backwards way to me *shrug*)

Not saying they should never be any kind of Avengers ever again, but considering the relative short time since they quit the Avengers, they shouldn't even be considering taking up a team with that name until they're at least are a bit more older than they are now, like early to mid 20s.
    True, Kate and America were West Coast Avengers and Wiccan and Hulkling were New Avengers. In fact, a reunited Young Avengers team should probably be called New Avengers.

As for the Champs, there's actually five former Avengers on the team, not three. Nadia was on the lineup formed after the other three left to form the Champions, and Amadeus was on Hank Pym's Mighty Avengers during Dark Reign. Nadia was actually on both teams at the same time briefly - she joined the Champions before No Surrender, they just used an out of date Champions lineup (Cyclops was still with them and Ironheart, who joined in the same arc, wasn't) in NS to avoid spoilers (when the team showed up again at the end, they did omit Scott, but still failed to include Riri).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-14-2019 at 04:52 AM.