Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Yeah... just look at the sales for Young Justice. Much higher than Champions - but the IP dates back to the 90s and the name was used for a cartoon. Champions only dates back to 2016 and most of it's members are from the current decade as well (Amadeus and new member Dust are the only ones who debuted before 2010).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Miles Morales Spider-Man #10 (LGY #250) features the return of Earth-1610 (no joke - the cover even shows Ultimate Green Goblin). If that means Miles is going home, hopefully he'll be commuting like Gwen (who will also make that decision in her 10th issue, which is LGY #50). Otherwise, the Champions could lose both Spider-Man and Bombshell, which is something I'm sure nobody here wants.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Zub has two more Marvel books coming soon:
    https://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/18549...s-coming-up-or

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Miles Morales Spider-Man #10 (LGY #250) features the return of Earth-1610 (no joke - the cover even shows Ultimate Green Goblin). If that means Miles is going home, hopefully he'll be commuting like Gwen (who will also make that decision in her 10th issue, which is LGY #50). Otherwise, the Champions could lose both Spider-Man and Bombshell, which is something I'm sure nobody here wants.
    Nah, it's likely they're bringing in Ultimate Goblin to the 616.

Issue #6
    spoilers:
    That was a good issue.

Zub really made me believe that Power Man was going to die, as he was one of the expendable characters.
    Instead of that, he shown a new, great application of his power, which turned him into the MVP.
    In fact, under the right conditions, he could be one of the most powerful non-cosmic heroes. Imagine him fighting in the Otherworld!

That's why I find characters like him, Pinpoint or Bombshell more interesting than Spider-Man or Ms Marvel in a team book: Zub has full control over them, so anything can happen, and anything can be definitive.

I loved the cameo of Karnilla and Hela. Didn't know that they were the new rulers of Hel.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by mugiwara; 06-12-2019 at 04:03 PM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Zub has two more Marvel books coming soon:
    https://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/18549...s-coming-up-or
    One of them might be X-men related, considering the line has been cancelled and will be relaunched after Hickman's minis.

Yeah, I think the second one might be. It would be great if it was Alpha Flight.

Just read issue 6 last night and I have to say it was a great issue. A part of me was worried how Zub's was going to manage when most of the original cast are gone but after this issue I'm glad that most of the senior members weren't, it gave newer members time to shine.

I liked how they keep on bringing up the superhero forums I hope other comics incorporate it. Kudos for remembering the mission statement and having Ms.Marvel try to talk it out before fighting.

I found Ms. Marvel freezing up to be credible, I mean its one thing to be told that you died in alternative timeline and another to actually witness it.

Just like @Mugiwara says, MVP goes to Power-man, I just loved the whole fighting sequence. I actually felt that Power-man was going to die and it didn't help that just prior to reading this I just finished the newest issue of Superior Spider-man.

On a side note, you know the artist is having fun playing with Viv shipper head's. That gesture of having her tuck her hair behind the ear when talking to Hummingbird was no accident!!!
    Last edited by Flashback; 06-14-2019 at 05:06 PM.

I hope we haven't seen the last of Hummingbird, simply because Sam wasn't around for a New Warriors reunion. She seems to be a Champions Reinforcement Roster member, considering she was recruited the same way they were.

Yeah... just look at the sales for Young Justice. Much higher than Champions - but the IP dates back to the 90s and the name was used for a cartoon. Champions only dates back to 2016 and most of it's members are from the current decade as well (Amadeus and new member Dust are the only ones who debuted before 2010).
    YJ is also the flagship of the Wonder Comics imprint, with all the extra promotion that entails. Also, Bendis.

I'm a bit behind on my Miles reading – well, more than a bit, quite behind – but did they ever explicitly elaborate on Miles' transition from 1610 to 616? I remember Bendis saying that Miles remembered all that happened in his Ultimates days, but then they did that annual that put Miles in Secret Invasion...

Incredible Member

They don't know wtf they are doing with Miles' 1610 memories, there were small nods throughout his 616 run and Spider-Men II established that both Peter and Miles vividly remember their past adventures and that Miles hails from another universe, but now they wanna say Miles has history within 616, so how does that work with having to manage two sets of memories, and how does his hero history work if he relived his life in 616 and ifkslakbejfpejepap?????

I always assumed he was just planted into 616 as if he had always been there, simply moving houses and carrying on with his memories as is(although his friend's and families memories would then have to be altered to cause no headaches for Miles) but clearly thats not what happened.

HOPEFULLY this #250 is the start of adressing all this nonsense wholesale and trying to make sense of it all, and best case scenario is we get a Spider-Men III out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    They don't know wtf they are doing with Miles' 1610 memories, there were small nods throughout his 616 run and Spider-Men II established that both Peter and Miles vividly remember their past adventures and that Miles hails from another universe, but now they wanna say Miles has history within 616, so how does that work with having to manage two sets of memories, and how does his hero history work if he relived his life in 616 and ifkslakbejfpejepap?????

I always assumed he was just planted into 616 as if he had always been there, simply moving houses and carrying on with his memories as is(although his friend's and families memories would then have to be altered to cause no headaches for Miles) but clearly thats not what happened.

HOPEFULLY this #250 is the start of adressing all this nonsense wholesale and trying to make sense of it all, and best case scenario is we get a Spider-Men III out of it.
    My guess is that Molecule man simply altered Miles past memories along with his friend's and families, leaving Miles with his most important/emotional parts of his run as spider-man intact, like how he became spider-man, how he loss his mother & Uncle, and his last adventure in '1610. So while Miles knows he isn't an original resident from 616, by all accounts his energy signature should read as one since Molecule man altered it.

IMO, the less they talk about it the better. I feel like each writer is going to have a different interpretation of what happened and honestly I think Marvel's never going to come up with a satisfactory explanation to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    I'm hoping it's just ignored. At best it can turn into a Donna Troy situation, at worst a Crisis On Infinite Earths situation. There is no upside to it. If they wanted Miles in the main universe Marvel should have made a Miles for the main Universe.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 06-15-2019 at 10:45 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I'm hoping it's just ignored. At best it can turn into a Donna Troy situation, at worst a Crisis On Infinite Earths situation. There is no upside to it. If they wanted Miles in the main universe Marvel should have made a Miles for the main Universe.
    I didn't finish the Spider-Men II sequel but I thought the 616 Miles travelled to 1610 to be with the duplicate of his dead 616 gf/wife? He had the story arc of Wilson Fisk in Spiderman:Into the Spiderverse

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    I didn't finish the Spider-Men II sequel but I thought the 616 Miles travelled to 1610 to be with the duplicate of his dead 616 gf/wife? He had the story arc of Wilson Fisk in Spiderman:Into the Spiderverse
    I know what all those words mean, but when you put them in that order I want to run away screaming. When Marvel decided to port Miles over from the Ultimate Universe instead of creating the hero in the main universe they left a scab that writers will never stop picking at.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest