Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

The whole notion of taking Zub away from these characters bums me out. They can move these characters around, consolidate etc, but I feel like it wont be as good. I like the New Avengers idea. Reading Champions now it feels obvious to me that Zub is being cut short with his "Champions" stories.

There's been a suggestion in the thread about Ironheart #9 that her book is being used as a testing ground for a revival of New Warriors. Champions has a lot in common with them, and she's teaming up with Silhouette because her brother is the big bad of Riri's series.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...eart-9-was-fun
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's been a suggestion in the thread about Ironheart #9 that her book is being used as a testing ground for a revival of New Warriors. Champions has a lot in common with them, and she's teaming up with Silhouette because her brother is the big bad of Riri's series.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...eart-9-was-fun
    I'm going to check this out, thanks!

IDW's solicits are out. If you enjoyed the Weirdworld arc of Champions, the same creative team are on a new Dungeons and Dragons title.

Dungeons & Dragons: Infernal Tides #1
    Jim Zub (w) • Max Dunbar (a & c)

A new Dungeons & Dragons adventure begins here!

Minsc and his friends are caught in the middle of devil-tainted corruption that has taken hold of Baldur’s Gate. Unravelling the secret of its source will take our heroes to unexpected places and threaten the sanctity of their very souls. Even if they survive this perilous journey, there will be Hell to pay!

Infernal Tides continues the D&D comic odyssey written by Jim Zub (D&D: Evil at Baldur’s Gate, D&D: Shadows of the Vampire, Avengers) with artwork by Max Dunbar (Avengers, D&D: Legends of Baldur’s Gate)!

As for Marvel's solicits, we got those yesterday. The Champions relevant titles listed are Magnificent Ms. Marvel, Miles Morales: Spider-Man, Spider-Verse (starring Miles), Ironheart, and Agents of Atlas (starring Brawn).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    IDW's solicits are out. If you enjoyed the Weirdworld arc of Champions, the same creative team are on a new Dungeons and Dragons title.

Dungeons & Dragons: Infernal Tides #1
    Jim Zub (w) • Max Dunbar (a & c)

A new Dungeons & Dragons adventure begins here!

Minsc and his friends are caught in the middle of devil-tainted corruption that has taken hold of Baldur’s Gate. Unravelling the secret of its source will take our heroes to unexpected places and threaten the sanctity of their very souls. Even if they survive this perilous journey, there will be Hell to pay!

Infernal Tides continues the D&D comic odyssey written by Jim Zub (D&D: Evil at Baldur’s Gate, D&D: Shadows of the Vampire, Avengers) with artwork by Max Dunbar (Avengers, D&D: Legends of Baldur’s Gate)!

As for Marvel's solicits, we got those yesterday. The Champions relevant titles listed are Magnificent Ms. Marvel, Miles Morales: Spider-Man, Spider-Verse (starring Miles), Ironheart, and Agents of Atlas (starring Brawn).
    I guess on the positive side, for Zub, Champions was a test bed for this book .

D&D is his real passion. I'd hardly call Champions a test bed though. As the solicit states, this isn't his first D&D comic series.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Yeah, he's been doing Dungeons & Dragons and Pathfinder comics for years. It's not a bad side hustle alongside being an animation professor. I would recommend anyone who enjoyed the Weirdworld arc of Champions to give some of them a chance. Or even his Skullkickers series from Image.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Just realised - they screwed up those credits. Max Dunbar has never drawn Avengers. He doesn't usually work for Marvel at all, Zub brought him in specifically for Warriors of the Weird, and the only other Marvel comics he's done are part of issue 5 of Slott's Iron Man (published in the same month as Champions #25) and the upcoming Alpha Flight one-shot.

Incredible Member

I noticed that the solicitation for the vol 2 trade paperback has listed Issues 7 through 11?......oops?

Definitely oops - it wouldn't even be solicited for November if issue 11 actually existed. I would imagine there'll be an issue of something else included instead. One of the solo books.

In other news... live action Kamala coming soon.

Astonishing Member

This has definitely worked before. And gosh am I hoping it will work again here!

Yeah, it worked for Iceman (which came back as a mini, primarily due to the X line wholesale getting cancelled and relaunched) and Unstoppable Wasp (which managed two TPBs before getting axed again, though it looks like that's all Whitley pitched in the first place). Considering Champions was outselling those in the direct market, if trades did just as well it would show that they jumped the gun. After all, we all know the problem wasn't the quality of the product. I think the big problem was that they mistimed the relaunch (should've done it when Zub originally took over at issue 19, not issue 28). The relaunch when it happened didn't boost sales at all, because it was actually in the middle of a run.

Preview for Champions #9.
    https://www.newsarama.com/46743-cham...9-preview.html
    spoilers:
    Blackheart has brainwashed Ironheart. This is Mephisto's price for Viv and Kamala's resurrection, of course.
    end of spoilers

It's about time you did that, Kamala!

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I like that this is setting up the classic team (minus Cyclops) against all the new members. Real damn shame the book is ending prematurely though.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.