Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen an American Tsundere until this comic book lol.
    Heh, if psycho, then wouldn't it be Yandere?

IMO this book is in jeopardy. No way Zub would be going off on this piracy tangent if it wasn’t. We all know this is an issue. It’s not just a Champions thing. Every book deals with it. He needs to relax. Yes it sucks but it’s life.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    IMO this book is in jeopardy. No way Zub would be going off on this piracy tangent if it wasnÂ’t. We all know this is an issue. ItÂ’s not just a Champions thing. Every book deals with it. He needs to relax. Yes it sucks but itÂ’s life.
    Bummer. Say what you will about DC but they understand the value of Titans. Marvel has had New Warriors, Young Avengers and Champions. If Champions doesn't work they are just going to go back to New Warriors or Young Avengers again. Maybe a price drop could help help?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

IMO this book is in jeopardy. No way Zub would be going off on this piracy tangent if it wasn’t. We all know this is an issue. It’s not just a Champions thing. Every book deals with it. He needs to relax. Yes it sucks but it’s life.
    I saw him comment on comicbook site, he seemed pretty serious and desperate. I thought it was fake at first because I'd never seen that type of thing before.

The book's probably good for the rest of the year and he's ranting because his Rick and Morty thing is a lot more popular.
    Last edited by Snoop Dogg; 04-04-2019 at 03:47 PM.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I read the issue, and now I cant shake off the feeling that Zub reads our theories/ideas here, and then applies them in his book
    spoilers:
    (We talked about the possibility of Miles being guilty over the woman he couldnt save, and the possible meaningful future she could've had if she had survived)
    2 issues later, that's exactly what has happened
    end of spoilers

Leaving that little trivia aside, this issue was really good
    I feel bad for Kamala, as she now understands what is going on, and how everything was caused because of her
    spoilers:
    (knowing that her one mistake while leading the mission, led to her death, and then the death of an innocent, is a whole lot to proccess in, specially when her best friend did a literal deal with the devil to undo her mistake/save her)
    Her reaction is understandable, and I really feel bad for her.. I hope she can recover from the shock, and somehow undo all this
    end of spoilers

The Sam part of the story was interesting, and I legit chuckled at tsundere-kaldera

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Relax, the guy doesn't like that so many people read his work for free without ever supporting it with their dollars. That's a valid thing to be disappointed about, considering how much he writes about the industry. Comics isn't his main career, he can sleep comfortably with or without Champions. He just puts a lot into his comics, and wants them to have every chance to continue. Even a Tenth of the folk who download the issues buying a single issue would help.

Maybe the book is destined for immediate cancellation, but most Marvel books barely last a year anymore. That only means Champions is as doomed as any other book. The sky isn't falling yet.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I’m not blaming him for being dissapointed. It seems like this caught him by surprise when piracy has been a problem in comics for a while. It just shocked me that he would spend time on this. He gave examples that only proved it hurts other comics more than Champions with him show how much people pirate The Walking Dead and Hero’s in Crisis in comparison. None of its right but my point is you hardly see creators go after it because face it.. a lot of people who use these sites also spend hundreds a month buying comics as well. So he’s really calling out a lot of people who do support a lot of comics. It’s not good to go after consumers.

You're talking about this, aren't you?
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...eader-support/

Maybe if digital didn't cost as much as print, less people would pirate them?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

That would collapse the direct market, the backbone of the comics industry.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    I read the issue, and now I cant shake off the feeling that Zub reads our theories/ideas here, and then applies them in his book
    spoilers:
    (We talked about the possibility of Miles being guilty over the woman he couldnt save, and the possible meaningful future she could've had if she had survived)
    2 issues later, that's exactly what has happened
    end of spoilers

Leaving that little trivia aside, this issue was really good
    I feel bad for Kamala, as she now understands what is going on, and how everything was caused because of her
    spoilers:
    (knowing that her one mistake while leading the mission, led to her death, and then the death of an innocent, is a whole lot to proccess in, specially when her best friend did a literal deal with the devil to undo her mistake/save her)
    Her reaction is understandable, and I really feel bad for her.. I hope she can recover from the shock, and somehow undo all this
    end of spoilers

The Sam part of the story was interesting, and I legit chuckled at tsundere-kaldera
    I would wonder spoilers:
    how these heroes would feel about the event of the original OMD ?
    end of spoilers

BANNED

I’m not blaming him for being dissapointed. It seems like this caught him by surprise when piracy has been a problem in comics for a while.
    Zub has talked about piracy in the past, well before this. And he hardly went off on a crazy tangent about it.

He's just reminding people that piracy hurts a book's prospects for long term survival, period.

It just shocked me that he would spend time on this.
    You're shocked that a creator would care about people stealing his work? I guess you've never had the pleasure of having your work pirated.

He gave examples that only proved it hurts other comics more than Champions with him show how much people pirate The Walking Dead and Hero’s in Crisis in comparison. None of its right but my point is you hardly see creators go after it because face it...a lot of people who use these sites also spend hundreds a month buying comics as well. So he’s really calling out a lot of people who do support a lot of comics. It’s not good to go after consumers.
    If you think that a writer saying "hey, if you enjoy my book, please consider paying for it" to be "going after consumers", that speaks to the sense of entitlement that some fans have. "How dare you suggest I pay for the comic I'm stealing? Don't you know that I spend money on a lot of other comics?"

This is why you don't see creators speak much about piracy because, ultimately, you're talking to people who don't care, who are full of excuses for their own sh*tty behavior, and don't have the decency to feel shame for ripping anyone off. And when they're called out for it, see themselves as the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

I think people would still pirate but they need to adapt like the music industry had to.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Heh, if psycho, then wouldn't it be Yandere?
    No the Yandere acts cute and innocent, and then something causes them to go psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I think people would still pirate but they need to adapt like the music industry had to.
    And they adapted by focusing on singles and shortening the length of the songs. Marvel will still have trades but made up adventures that are done in one or two issues that move away from decompression completely. It wouldn't hurt to lower the price of the comics either. Champions should be $1.99 to $2.99
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest