Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She didn't need to leave at all just so they could update her costume. All they'd need for that is a timeskip of a week or so. Yeah, it's a temporary exit, but it's part of the story Zub planned (Viv taking over as leader, but having issues with her other self), not just an excuse to update Kamala's suit.

Incidentally, considering that Miles Morales #10's solicit mentions his birthday, and he already celebrated one in the annual he had before the current run started, combined with both Magnificent Ms. Marvel #1 and Champions #24 mentioning a new school year starting, and the fact that the just finished Uncanny X-Men run took place over several months including the War of the Realms (which is connected to this period in Champions, thanks to issue 5 and Dust joining), it looks like the past year has pretty much been real time. An entire year has passed between Spider-Man Annual and Miles Morales #10, and between Champions #24 and Champions #8 (35).
    I think you’re putting too much thought into it. What’s more likely the case is that annual was likely not a “present day” storyline.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

The annual contained a major flashback to Secret Invasion, and the present day scenes were set on an anniversary of those events. Both past and present were his birthday. His 14th and his 17th, I think.

Besides, even if the Miles annual was set at some point during Bendis's run instead of after it (his run ends between Champions 21 and Infinity Countdown, as Miles missed the tie in due to the events of his last two issues), the timeline discrepancy in Ms Marvel and Champions can't be ignored. Magnificent Ms Marvel #1-5 is definitely set after Zub's Champions #7, but Champions #24 mentioned a new school year starting. It's impossible for MMM#1, which mentioned the same thing, to only be one day later, so it must be an entire year later. Don't forget too, Marvel Rising had Kamala and Miles given a tour of ESU, so we know they're high school seniors now - Miles will be 18 on his next birthday.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I know I'm late, but just read Champions 7. Kudos to Zub for his harsh handling of Adsit and showing why he isn't fit for the job. Hill was an awful S.H.I.E.L.D. agent but she was confined to earth. Adsit is a moron with a much bigger job. Glad Kaldera shot him in the back after proving how incompetent both him and his team was, making them look like stormtroopers from Star Wars in the process.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

If Richard Rider wants the job back, HE should be in charge. Speaking of which, an Annihilation sequel just got announced - Rich will surely be involved, will Sam be dragged into it too?

Double Kamala next week. Previews for her solo and Rising, both issue 5.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...marvel-2019-5/
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...rvel-rising-5/
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If Richard Rider wants the job back, HE should be in charge. Speaking of which, an Annihilation sequel just got announced - Rich will surely be involved, will Sam be dragged into it too?

Double Kamala next week. Previews for her solo and Rising, both issue 5.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...marvel-2019-5/
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...rvel-rising-5/
    If Richard's brother is still alive let him have the job.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

For some reason I feel like they're going to kill Rich off here. I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For some reason I feel like they're going to kill Rich off here. I don't know why.
    I would like to think Marvel has learned it's lesson about splitting a fanbase and won't be stupid enough to try that. Now if a Nova movie is being made and they decide to use Sam instead of Rich I can see them going full synergy and doing that, for ask the good it will do them.

Quasar on the other hand...

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I would like to think Marvel has learned it's lesson about splitting a fanbase and won't be stupid enough to try that. Now if a Nova movie is being made and they decide to use Sam instead of Rich I can see them going full synergy and doing that, for ask the good it will do them.

Quasar on the other hand...
    I mean, for as vocal as fans were about wanting Richard to come back, his new series kind of crashed and burned out of the gate. I would like to see Rich get another shot at a real solo, but people really didn't put their money where their mouths were there.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I mean, for as vocal as fans were about wanting Richard to come back, his new series kind of crashed and burned out of the gate. I would like to see Rich get another shot at a real solo, but people really didn't put their money where their mouths were there.
    I mean, it was also a Sam book, although you could argue Rich was probably promoted more prominently for it.

Nova's a hard sell these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, it was also a Sam book, although you could argue Rich was probably promoted more prominently for it.

Nova's a hard sell these days.
    Haven't you heard? "everything is a limited series, if you really think about it..."seems to be the new conventional wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    If Richard's brother is still alive let him have the job.
    Unfortunately, he's now a villain called Talonar.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    The general takeaway from those who read it with eager hearts is that it was an awesome book that ended far, far too soon. There's a cynical, but likely all too true given trends, take that the Rich fans who were also die-hard Sam haters were the biggest reason for the "bad reception" and why the book didn't get the legs it should have from that section (along with the possible reality that that section simply was/is an obnoxious vocal minority). Point being what you mentioned: not enough money being put where the mouths were.

I'm still bitter about this, because the book, as short as it was, was genuinely excellent, as far as I'm concerned.

Bad news guys. Stick a fork in it, it's done.

CHAMPIONS #10
    JIM ZUB (W) • STEVEN CUMMINGS (A)
    Cover by KIM JACINTO
    • The next generation made a vow to do better.
    • Now, they have to live up to it, as the future of the Champions hangs in the balance.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Kamala's lost her Team-Up book as well.

Really? That's disappointing, but at least it looks like Sam will get be Nova again.

I'm betting it'll get relaunched...unless Young Avengers comes back to replace it as a teen Superhero book.