Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Zub wants to write a second teen book - Power Pack.
    https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1094469741165596672
    I'm kind of surprised they haven't brought Power Pack back by this point.

It seems like they've been teasing it for years.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Yeah, I would be down for another Power Pack series. The original book was great, as was the line of All-Age miniseries Marvel put out with them for a while. I don't know how they'd go about an in-continuity series seeing that Marvel still seems to struggle with their general ages, but I'd give it a go. Who cares if they're not all kids anymore, just give them a reason to be under the same roof, and things will work out.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Variant for #4. Only has some of the more established members on it, so doesn't give anything away regarding the X girl or the S reserve.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Variant for #4. Only has some of the more established members on it, so doesn't give anything away regarding the X girl or the S reserve.
    I really like those alternate costumes on them, a little weird Amadeus is still in his regular one though.

Also from the looks of things Miles won't be the only one not with the team during War of The Realms Amadeus will be assembling a new Agents of Atlas made of the protectors he brought together during his solo. Kamala is also supposed to be with them but apparently she's missing. Possibly because of something going on in her book?

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=63646546

LUNA SNOW! And CRESCENT! They're finally adding the Future Fight exclusive characters to the comics!

And that's not Amadeus's usual costume on the Champions variant. It's more armoured, and the radiation symbol is missing from his sleeves.

Since we now know the Champions are down three full time members, and two of the reserves are also out (Honey Badger due to Age of X-Man and Silk because she's in Agents of Atlas with Amadeus), I would guess that the remaining reserves get called in and there may even be more recruitment.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-15-2019 at 10:31 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amadeus fighting Ulik would be an interesting way to test him post-nerfs, but it ain't happening.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Luna Snow and Crescent in the comics? Hell yes!!! And it seems that the characters from the chinese comics will appear too.

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA! I thought that Asian team was fanart! Holy ****! Atlas is back, Shang-Chi and Silk is back, and Pak's doing a sequel to his Hulk stuff?! Jesus Murphy, this is finally the WOTR mini I can go all in on!

LUNA SNOW! And CRESCENT! They're finally adding the Future Fight exclusive characters to the comics!

And that's not Amadeus's usual costume on the Champions variant. It's more armoured, and the radiation symbol is missing from his sleeves.

Since we now know the Champions are down three full time members, and two of the reserves are also out (Honey Badger due to Age of X-Man and Silk because she's in Agents of Atlas with Amadeus), I would guess that the remaining reserves get called in and there may even be more recruitment.
    You're right I didn't notice since his costume change isn't as dramatic as the others. I wonder if the new guys could end up joining the team or if they would become permanent Agents of Atlas members if t becomes an ongoing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Amadeus fighting Ulik would be an interesting way to test him post-nerfs, but it ain't happening.
    I think it's possible since Amadeus is the one assembling the team it would make sense that he gets to fight them main antagonist.

Enchantress looks kind of weird but I can't put my finger on why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I really like those alternate costumes on them, a little weird Amadeus is still in his regular one though.

Also from the looks of things Miles won't be the only one not with the team during War of The Realms Amadeus will be assembling a new Agents of Atlas made of the protectors he brought together during his solo. Kamala is also supposed to be with them but apparently she's missing. Possibly because of something going on in her book?

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=63646546
    I thought the girl on the top right was a redesigned Radiant/Sun Girl. She looks the most like a manga heroine.

Cool to see them incorporating the Future Fight originals even if we'll probably never see them again after this.

They had me with this up until they said "Brawn" was leading them. Probably should've just called him Cho...

Hey, somebody remembered Silk. That's more then any of the Spider-Man titles have.

I think we'd better take this Agents of Atlas stuff to it's own thread. I'd be surprised if the Champions solicit doesn't drop tonight.

EDIT: I've recreated the Agents of Atlas Appreciation thread, and posted that news there. Now, speaking of some of the other Champions, here's some previews:

Miles Morales #3: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-spider-man-3/
    Wasp #5: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...able-wasp-5-2/
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-15-2019 at 12:13 PM.

He's back!
    https://www.newsarama.com/43943-war-...-an-adult.html

Since Kamala's there, I'm guessing her solo doesn't have a tie-in, and it's what happens in Champions that causes her to be missing from Agents of Atlas. Also, I wonder now, if Cyclops is the one who sent the new X girl to join the team.

OOF OKAY ZUB OKAY

Guess I gotta try the relaunch again, hope I like #2...

The "fellow kids" moment can be interesting depending on how they play the differences between Cyclops and Tyke. But for now in Uncanny they do not seem especially different so I do not know.

That's because they're not different. He does have teen Cyclops's memories remember. When they went back to the past, they merged, and the adults gained the teens' memories. Champions #5 is the first book to take advantage of this fact, mainly because the other four are all in Age of X-Man. We know (from the preview for UXM #12) that Scott now regrets being the team leader. He never led the time displaced team, he immediately ceded to Jean, and Beast took charge of the All-New X-Men when Jean was with the Extraordinary X-Men. But even that didn't remove the pressure from Scott. That's why he joined the Champions, to have fun with peers outside the X-Men. Kamala kind of became his new best friend, and was the only one he personally told was leaving. He left because he knew he'd need to go back to the past soon - though it did take several attempts, since Cross Time Capers sent them to the wrong time, and then they split from Magneto losing access to his time machine. Cable finally dealt with it with no warning, so it was lucky that Scott had already said his goodbyes. Now, with the X-Men gone, he has the same heavy weight on his mind all over again. Looking up the Champions, he'll see that the team has grown since he left. When he left, they only had Ironheart and Wasp added as full time members and Locust, Patriot and Falcon as reserves. Now those three along with Bombshell have joined the team full time, and the team have also discovered Snowguard and Pinpoint, as well as recruiting another seven reserve members (though they've already lost at least one, namely Honey Badger). Then he comes to help himself when War of the Realms forces Amadeus and Miles away from the team.

Note: if this sounds familiar, it's because I posted the exact same thing in Scott's appreciation thread.

Zub tweets:

https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1096497799749881857
    @gregpak has some incredible plans for this team and we've been in close contact to make sure everything syncs up with Kamala and Amadeus for Champions and our War of the Realms tie-ins as well.

Good times ahead!
    Looks like they're not locked out then.

https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1096521074752323584
    Fans have been asking whether newly-returned Scott would ever meet the Champs and I had to keep it a secret-
    Yes, Cyclops reunites with the Champions during our War of the Realms tie-in issues! This might be my favorite issue of the series so far. Heartfelt and action-packed.
    https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1096523937670971392
    Also, big thanks to @TomBrevoort @cracksh0t and @AshcanPress for helping get this kooky crossover all set up (and for allowing us to bring aboard another mutant for the Champions starting with issue #3).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-15-2019 at 02:49 PM.