Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142 LastLast
    Niffleheim

Champions Outlawed makes me think of Sherwood Forest. I hope the event has a person who is pushing for this not just the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Champions Outlawed makes me think of Sherwood Forest. I hope the event has a person who is pushing for this not just the government.
    I think there's some red-haired guy who seems to be the one pushing for it the most.

Odds are he's probably the main villain of this event.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Finally, actual news. The Champions have been Outlawed. Eve Ewing's writing it, as we suspected.
    https://www.newsarama.com/48201-marv...is-spring.html
    This looks interesting. Glad Eve Ewing is writing.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think there's some red-haired guy who seems to be the one pushing for it the most.

Odds are he's probably the main villain of this event.
    I dislike reading previews so I'm glad there's going to be a face lobbying for this law

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    It pleases me greatly that the "Big 3? Young 3?" are front and center on the cover. So i assume the big oof is going to occur in Incoming, and at least one of the younger heroes is gonna be thrown under the bus in some form or fashion. Regardless if the team truly is fractured, at least it seems they know they have to keep Kamala Miles and Sam together.

But geez, Viv can never seem to catch a break can she.......
    I concur with the former. I appreciate that Sam, Miles, and Kamala are front and center once again. I wish Sam kept his updated look post-regaining his helmet, though. Second time he's had a design update that gets rolled back on.

I also concur with the latter. Poor Viv...

Concerned about what'll happen of course, but I'm happy that Champions is getting new life. Again. Poor Champions with it being screwed over by various elements. Hopefully 3rd time's the charm.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I wish Sam kept his updated look post-regaining his helmet, though. Second time he's had a design update that gets rolled back on.
    That's because both times the book got cancelled just after the new costume was introduced.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Concerned about what'll happen of course, but I'm happy that Champions is getting new life. Again. Poor Champions with it being screwed over by various elements. Hopefully 3rd time's the charm.
    I'm hoping Eve Ewing will have a big success on her hands here, especially with a major storyline on the way that the title will probably be directly in the center of.

Yeah, the fact that Miles's and Kamala's solos are actually tying in to it should give Champions a much needed boost. The last time Miles's book used the Champions, in Bendis's final issues, he didn't even get the roster right (Cyclops and Ironheart together, when he left and she joined in the same arc - Scott should've been replaced by Nadia, who joined at the same time as Riri). G Willow Wilson pretty much pretended the team didn't exist. This is the first time the solos and the team book have truly been integrated. With Saladin Ahmed's support, Ewing should be on to a winner here.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

That's because both times the book got cancelled just after the new costume was introduced.
    I know, but it still stings. And the changes were still introduced prior to the cancellations and the books ending, which mean they still happened and should still be acknowledged and utilized in any forthcoming appearances. It gives off the vibe that Nova/Sam's story arc from Zub's run wasn't even read. It's visual consistency certainly wasn't carried over. And this applies to other characters, too, so what else is going to be disregarded...?

History of the Marvel Universe ends with a tease for future storylines... at least two of which relate to next week's Incoming! one-shot. spoilers:
    The "interstellar reign of the half-breed" is a reference to Hulkling. And the other one that's easy to guess? "The rise of the outlaw generation" - aka our outlawed Champions!
    end of spoilers
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...aled-spoilers/

And earlier in that issue... the team, Miles, Riri, Sam, Viv, Nadia, and Amadeus all have their origins recapped, alongside Silk, Ghost-Spider, Gwenpool, X-23, and Moon Girl.

Also, Rich Rider brought Sam along in Annihilation Scourge.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-18-2019 at 09:01 AM.

History of the Marvel Universe ends with a tease for future storylines... at least two of which relate to next week's Incoming! one-shot. spoilers:
    The "interstellar reign of the half-breed" is a reference to Hulkling. And the other one that's easy to guess? "The rise of the outlaw generation" - aka our outlawed Champions!
    end of spoilers

And earlier in that issue... the team, Miles, Riri, Sam, Viv, Nadia, and Amadeus all have their origins recapped, alongside Silk, Ghost-Spider, Gwenpool, X-23, and Moon Girl.

So many young heroes they had to fit them into one big splash page.

spoilers:
    Can't say I was ever expecting these upstanding young men and women to become outlaw Superheroes, but it'll be interesting to see how they approach it. And they name a whole generation after it? Interesting.
    end of spoilers

Kamala was on an earlier page as well.

Astonishing Member

end of spoilers

Interesting! What did they do? (Did the two of them doing anything yet?)

BIG fight scene involving both Novas, the Fantastic Four, the New Warriors, Beta Ray Bill, and Silver Surfer in the Omega issue.