Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I mean sure, that's how you feel about them, but in the grand scheme, that's neither here nor there. I really don't see why anyone would have needed to ask for characters specific to the Champions' history to show up in their book.
    You seem to be taking the line of displeasure at seeing an uninteresting concept return too literally. Obviously, unless something is a mandate, no one needs to ask for something that a writer chose to write. I was using a figure of speech.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You seem to be taking the line of displeasure at seeing an uninteresting concept return too literally. Obviously, unless something is a mandate, no one needs to ask for something that a writer chose to write. I was using a figure of speech.
    it was more my surprise at how fervent your post was that you would use such figure of speech. You had seemed as if outright offended by something so matter of course.

https://www.newsarama.com/45441-war-...ys-editor.html
    Moss: And hey, for even more frozen undead warriors of Niffleheim, check out June’s Captain Marvel #6 and #7, as well as Champions #6, the latter of which includes the return of the Dísir, the "Valkyries gone bad" from Kieron Gillen's time in Asgard!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Any preview out yet?

Last week the only previews we had, as far as I know, were Black Cat, Guardians Annual, and Ghost Spider. I just checked AIPT, and it looks like for the second week in a row, we're not getting previews for most of the Marvel comics. I'd like to know what the hell is going on there.

Original Champions writer Mark Waid has a new teen team book, called Ignited:
    https://www.newsarama.com/45457-scho...o-briones.html
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-06-2019 at 11:32 PM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Last week the only previews we had, as far as I know, were Black Cat, Guardians Annual, and Ghost Spider. I just checked AIPT, and it looks like for the second week in a row, we're not getting previews for most of the Marvel comics. I'd like to know what the hell is going on there.

Original Champions writer Mark Waid has a new teen team book, called Ignited:
    https://www.newsarama.com/45457-scho...o-briones.html
    Huh. Reminds me of when Champions did an issue on school shootings.

Champions #6 preview courtesy of Comicsbeat.com

https://www.comicsbeat.com/champions...usive-preview/

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Champions #6 preview courtesy of Comicsbeat.com

https://www.comicsbeat.com/champions...usive-preview/
    Nice to see something done with Hummingbird since Scarlet Spider ended.

Shame it's happening when Sam's not with the team - she was on the New Warriors with him!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Huh. Reminds me of when Champions did an issue on school shootings.
    Original Champions writer?? Wasn’t that Tony Isabella??

You quoted the wrong post there, lol. And take a look at the legacy numbering - the 1970s series doesn't count as part of this series, it's just another series that had the same name. So the original writer of the modern Champions series is Waid, like I said.

Sales estimates are out.
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-05.html
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-10-2019 at 01:50 PM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

It's a shame that you have people who straight up refuse to give the new Ironheart run a chance, especially since Eve has been addressing literally every major criticism of Bendis' run. I think her book will probably go up to #12 before getting pulled.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

And Wasp, of course, already has been cancelled. Rising's just a mini, but I wouldn't expect a third one of those either.

And yeah, Eve Ewing's been doing good work with Riri. But she seems to be having the same problem as the other Ewing did before Immortal Hulk - good books, poor sales.

Zub's been doing a lot of Dungeons and Dragons stuff recently (which is clearly a major passion of his), plus a couple of creator owned projects. Which makes me wonder how long he'll stick with Champions for? If he did go, who would you guys want to take over?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-10-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    It's a shame that you have people who straight up refuse to give the new Ironheart run a chance, especially since Eve has been addressing literally every major criticism of Bendis' run. I think her book will probably go up to #12 before getting pulled.
    It is demonstrably difficult for a new and unestablished IP to sell in the comics market irregardless of quality.

Even when you have proven popularity...just look at Kamala's sales.

I mean, Miles sells the best out of anyone in the Champions but he has the Spider-Man name behind him.

If any characters should probably migrate to more of the digital or just graphic novel only place, I think it would be the Champions.