Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Previews of Ironheart and Champions:
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...w-ironheart-8/
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...champions-7-2/

So much for the new logo. I assumed the old one being on issues 5 and 6 was a War of the Realms related error, but issue 7 has the old logo on the cover too - and since issue 1 didn't have a logo on the cover at all, that means it's only appeared on three covers - less than half the run at this point.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Preview for Miles Morales: Spider-Man #8:
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-spider-man-8/

Fanart by Reddit user SpacePies. (Source)

Our core three Champs, plus Carol and Vision.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Fanart by Reddit user SpacePies. (Source)

Our core three Champs, plus Carol and Vision.
    Nice art .

Extraordinary Member

They are just making Sam getting his helmet back a whole annoying thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    They are just making Sam getting his helmet back a whole annoying thing....
    I found the issue to be pretty fun, but it did feel like the stuff that happened with Sam could have been handled faster. Still the reveal of the other Viv still being conscious is interesting. It didn't seem like Zub was doing anything with her until now so I'm relieved that she'll have her own storyline going forward. Now we just need to see what his plans for Riri, Nadia, and Amka are and the whole core team will have something going on.

Incredible Member

It wasn't meant to be handled faster. Making Sam helmetless would have been pointless if there was no real time taken to explore him without it, and now just a little over a year after losing it he's already pinpointed its location and primed to pick it back up again if next month's cover is anything to go by.

I'd get it if he had been looking for his helmet the whole time and he's always just barely got it, that'd be annoying, but when he finally makes the decision to actually get it back, he's immediately on track to being Nova again. With how things are progressing it kinda looks like Zub is planning to have the Young Trinity of Sam Miles and Kamala have a triumphant return all around the same time, with Nova next month, Spider-Man mentioned specifically returning the month after next, and then assummedly Ms. Marvel returning to lead her team again, more than likely in her new costume to boot.

I wonder if next issue's cover is accurate? It shows seven of the eight core team members - only Wasp is missing. So does everyone except Nadia return next issue?

Both Miles and Kamala have really gone through the wringer. In his own book, Miles has been dumped by his girlfriend for being secretive, found out his mother is pregnant, and then got kidnapped and tortured. Meanwhile, Kamala and her parents got whisked off to space, her mother betrayed her by telling her Dad that she's Ms. Marvel, and solicits mention a family tragedy, so I wonder if Dad's about to sacrifice himself? Somehow, I don't think staying home has given the poor girl the space she needed to reflect on recent events. I think she needs to have a chat with Dust, who shares her faith, when she returns.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-12-2019 at 03:01 AM.

Spectacular Member

So Zub says Viv and Riri are meeting again next issue... how do we think that’s gonna go?

It'll be awkward, but it's obvious that Viv will be trying to make amends and get her back on board, as she needs the team to be as strong as possible with Kamala, Miles, Amadeus, Sam, and Nadia all also absent right now.

New variant series for August:

Not only does Miles have his own cover, he, Wasp and Ms. Marvel are all included in the frame.

Incredible Member

Seems kinda weird for him to be in two places at once lol

I wonder if next issue's cover is accurate? It shows seven of the eight core team members - only Wasp is missing. So does everyone except Nadia return next issue?

Both Miles and Kamala have really gone through the wringer. In his own book, Miles has been dumped by his girlfriend for being secretive, found out his mother is pregnant, and then got kidnapped and tortured. Meanwhile, Kamala and her parents got whisked off to space, her mother betrayed her by telling her Dad that she's Ms. Marvel, and solicits mention a family tragedy, so I wonder if Dad's about to sacrifice himself? Somehow, I don't think staying home has given the poor girl the space she needed to reflect on recent events. I think she needs to have a chat with Dust, who shares her faith, when she returns.
    This Champions arc happens before Kamala's solo space arc starts. Her leaving is only temporary so that she can come back in her new suit.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Spectacular Member

It'll be awkward, but it's obvious that Viv will be trying to make amends and get her back on board, as she needs the team to be as strong as possible with Kamala, Miles, Amadeus, Sam, and Nadia all also absent right now.
    I meant more in the sense of whether or not the ship’s happening, although I suspect not, given that everyone’s apparently required to be miserable. Which begs the question of why this useless subplot has been dragged out for so long, although you could pretty much say that about anything since the relaunch...

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    This Champions arc happens before Kamala's solo space arc starts. Her leaving is only temporary so that she can come back in her new suit.
    She didn't need to leave at all just so they could update her costume. All they'd need for that is a timeskip of a week or so. Yeah, it's a temporary exit, but it's part of the story Zub planned (Viv taking over as leader, but having issues with her other self), not just an excuse to update Kamala's suit.

Incidentally, considering that Miles Morales #10's solicit mentions his birthday, and he already celebrated one in the annual he had before the current run started, combined with both Magnificent Ms. Marvel #1 and Champions #24 mentioning a new school year starting, and the fact that the just finished Uncanny X-Men run took place over several months including the War of the Realms (which is connected to this period in Champions, thanks to issue 5 and Dust joining), it looks like the past year has pretty much been real time. An entire year has passed between Spider-Man Annual and Miles Morales #10, and between Champions #24 and Champions #8 (35).