Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

I love Dust but I’m not holding my breath!

What else could White have been talking about other than Champions? There's nothing else an X student would have business being in that he won't have been editor on.

In other news, Zub just tweeted that he has two announcements coming up, one this week and the other next month, for new projects.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-26-2019 at 06:22 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The first of those announcements wasn't comics related - some Dungeons and Dragons guidebooks.

Here's the preview for Champions #3.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...champions-3-2/

Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Kinda struggling with this champions run. Too many characters that I don't know.

Need a primer, do you? Let's see...

Falcon - Joaquin Torres - debuted in the Captain America: Sam Wilson series - powers: flight, healing factor, and avian communication.
    Patriot - Rayshaun Lucas - also debuted in Captain America: Sam Wilson but only got his suit in Secret Empire - powers: Stark-tech shield that can act as a glider and weapon, combat training
    Power Man - Victor Alvarez - debuted in the Shadowland event, has served with the Mighty Avengers and New Avengers - powers: chi converts to strength. Works best in areas of high culture.
    Bombshell - Lana Baumgartner - debuted in Ultimate Spider-Man, her mother is a villain with the same codename, is a former Young Ultimate alongside Miles - powers: creates explosions.
    Wasp - Nadia van Dyne - debuted in All-New All-Different Avengers, has her own book, Unstoppable Wasp, daughter of Hank Pym, adopted daughter of Janet van Dyne, super-intelligent - powers: size changing, flight, stingers, martial arts, multilingualism.
    Ironheart - Riri Williams - debuted in Invincible Iron Man, has her own book - powers: suit of armor based on Chitauri and Stark technology.

Snowguard and Pinpoint were both created by Zub and debuted here in Champions. Locust also debuted in Champions, during Waid's run. Snowguard is an animal shapeshifter, like DC characters Vixen and Beast Boy. Pinpoint creates teleport portals. Locust wears a powered armor.

I assume you already know Ms Marvel, Spider-Man, Nova, Brawn (ex-Totally Awesome Hulk), and Viv Vision, the team's original members.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Need a primer, do you? Let's see...

Falcon - Joaquin Torres - debuted in the Captain America: Sam Wilson series - powers: flight, healing factor, and avian communication.
    Patriot - Rayshaun Lucas - also debuted in Captain America: Sam Wilson but only got his suit in Secret Empire - powers: Stark-tech shield that can act as a glider and weapon, combat training
    Power Man - Victor Alvarez - debuted in the Shadowland event, has served with the Mighty Avengers and New Avengers - powers: chi converts to strength. Works best in areas of high culture.
    Bombshell - Lana Baumgartner - debuted in Ultimate Spider-Man, her mother is a villain with the same codename, is a former Young Ultimate alongside Miles - powers: creates explosions.
    Wasp - Nadia van Dyne - debuted in All-New All-Different Avengers, has her own book, Unstoppable Wasp, daughter of Hank Pym, adopted daughter of Janet van Dyne, super-intelligent - powers: size changing, flight, stingers, martial arts, multilingualism.
    Ironheart - Riri Williams - debuted in Invincible Iron Man, has her own book - powers: suit of armor based on Chitauri and Stark technology.

Snowguard and Pinpoint were both created by Zub and debuted here in Champions. Locust also debuted in Champions, during Waid's run. Snowguard is an animal shapeshifter, like DC characters Vixen and Beast Boy. Pinpoint creates teleport portals. Locust wears a powered armor.

I assume you already know Ms Marvel, Spider-Man, Nova, Brawn (ex-Totally Awesome Hulk), and Viv Vision, the team's original members.
    thank you this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Here's the preview for Champions #3.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...champions-3-2/
    Huh, pretty cool to see Kaldera again

Here's where she first appeared, Nova Vol 5 #8. The same issue Sam joined the New Warriors in.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Nova_Vol_5_8

I have no idea who this character is despite reading that series, so I suspect I might've been a little baby who was intimidated by the event tie-in cover dressing and skipped the arc.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fanart. Korean, based on the tweet it's from.
    https://twitter.com/SteelScarlet/sta...56594528018432

is the team going to address online bullying and related social-media pitfalls for teens/young adults in any arcs soon?

BANNED

Did champions get cancelled from the previous volume? Why did they renumber?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Did champions get cancelled from the previous volume? Why did they renumber?
    Simply to entice new readers, it still has its legacy(overall ongoing) issue number and is still being written by Jim Zub who was writing it prior to the renumbering. So Champions has yet to be cancelled in any official capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I have no idea who this character is despite reading that series, so I suspect I might've been a little baby who was intimidated by the event tie-in cover dressing and skipped the arc.
    Basically she was a slave of Proxima Midnight who was sent to take out Sam. She took his family hostage, so he lied and said he would fight her fairly without his helmet, and then knocked her out and left her on the ship. As punishment, Proxima put her in some sort of torture chamber, where she would experience the pain of death, but will not die, for eternity.

I think it's really cool Zub's bringing back this 2 issue character, something I assumed everyone just forgot about. If he's going this deep cut, maybe he actually will save his dad at some point