Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Better hurry up with Sam's dad before he's revealed to currently be the Hobgoblin.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Simply to entice new readers, it still has its legacy(overall ongoing) issue number and is still being written by Jim Zub who was writing it prior to the renumbering. So Champions has yet to be cancelled in any official capacity.
    In hindsight, they really should've renumbered when Zub took over. The only time we've believed the book was cancelled was when issue 18 was solicited and Humberto Ramos, the artist, had a message on the cover in his native Spanish saying it had been an honour. Waid had to post a tweet saying that the book wasn't cancelled. We only learned that his run was indeed over when issue 19 was solicited, it's cover spoiling the fact that Cyclops was leaving the team and that Wasp and Ironheart would be joining full time. That roster change along with the new creative team would've been plenty of justification for a renumbering, especially as the Marvel Legacy branding was ditched at that point too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Basically she was a slave of Proxima Midnight who was sent to take out Sam. She took his family hostage, so he lied and said he would fight her fairly without his helmet, and then knocked her out and left her on the ship. As punishment, Proxima put her in some sort of torture chamber, where she would experience the pain of death, but will not die, for eternity.

I think it's really cool Zub's bringing back this 2 issue character, something I assumed everyone just forgot about. If he's going this deep cut, maybe he actually will save his dad at some point
    He'll need to be repowered first. Can't save his father without the ability to space travel. Maybe this encounter will finally prompt him to call Rich?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Here's where she first appeared, Nova Vol 5 #8. The same issue Sam joined the New Warriors in.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Nova_Vol_5_8
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I have no idea who this character is despite reading that series, so I suspect I might've been a little baby who was intimidated by the event tie-in cover dressing and skipped the arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Basically she was a slave of Proxima Midnight who was sent to take out Sam. She took his family hostage, so he lied and said he would fight her fairly without his helmet, and then knocked her out and left her on the ship. As punishment, Proxima put her in some sort of torture chamber, where she would experience the pain of death, but will not die, for eternity.

I think it's really cool Zub's bringing back this 2 issue character, something I assumed everyone just forgot about. If he's going this deep cut, maybe he actually will save his dad at some point
    Appreciate the refresher, as this character definitely slipped by my memory.

I'm surprised to see her being used here. Nice that a grand-scheme minor villain is being given a new lease on life with a new appearance. Wonder what this upcoming mini-arc will have in store for Sam?

Fanart. Korean, based on the tweet it's from.
    https://twitter.com/SteelScarlet/sta...56594528018432
    I love this! It's awesome! Kudos to the artist!

I love the liberties taken with the members included, such as having Scott as a teen, Amka, and Sam as Nova, along with the new looks for Amadeus and Riri.

Also, I wonder if this is Patriot and Falcon's first piece of fanart? Both look spectacular!

It's the entire volume 2 team. The only members missing are the ones who just joined a couple of issues ago: Power Man, Bombshell, and Pinpoint.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Kaldera is in both issues 3 and 4.
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/183214...-for-champions

Don't bother asking Zub to spoil the solo books! Someone asked him who's going with Kamala to space in Magnificent Ms Marvel #3. He knows but he ain't telling! Quite right too. As he says, it's not his place. In fact, the question asker specifically mentioned Nova, and if it's him, it would potentially spoil Champions #4 as well (Kaldera showing up might prompt him to finally call Richard Rider, I hope so).
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/183214...y-your-art-and
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-04-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Fanart. Korean, based on the tweet it's from.
    https://twitter.com/SteelScarlet/sta...56594528018432
    Nice art. I like that Tyke was included as well. Although everytime I see Cho as Brawn I think he is Beast Boy.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I think the cat's out of the bag regarding our new member.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...nd-baconators/

Well, Hellion is male, so not him. He and Surge are both in Amazing Nightcrawler, one of Age of X-Man books, so she's ruled out. Mercury's not a POC. And the fourth one was in something he read recently... as in, Jordan D White didn't edit it, so it's not an X book. Sounds like Champions then. If so, he's just revealed that our new Champion is Dust.
    Well, the issue is out now... spoilers:
    Zub might want a word with White... because it is indeed Dust. Zub did so well to keep that info hidden so long, and he would've succeeded in keeping it a surprise until the issue came out if not for last week's AIPT X-Men Monday interview. All that careful teasing and then the X office spills the beans.

Apparently the people protesting at Worthington Industries aren't familiar with the Champions - they get mistaken for both the Young Avengers and mutants.
    end of spoilers

EDIT: Whoops, looks like Zub made a continuity mistake.
    spoilers:
    Dust missed X-Men Disassembled due to "family drama". Problem is, she has no family! Her mother is her only known relative, but Sooraya doesn't know where she is, so they're not in contact. It's impossible for her to have been too busy with family drama!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-06-2019 at 06:45 AM.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

spoilers:
    Haven't read the issue, but the family drama could have been her finding her mother. It's been years since Dust has been relevant so it's not the greatest leap to assume her familial situation could have changed altogether. Not saying it's not a continuity mistake, but it doesn't take much in the way of mental gymnastics to rectify.
    end of spoilers
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

A good issue does not surprise me that many have confused the Champions with the Young Avengers or Mutants since the most famous or founders are not present or are not in a form recognizable to the public. The main plot is interesting although still have not seen Mephisto's goal yet.

Well, that must be happening next issue - it's the last issue of the arc.

https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1102415943773446149
    In issue #3 you'll also find out which mutant will be joining the Champions for a few missions!
    Looks like she isn't sticking around indefinitely. Probably War of the Realms and the next arc after that? By the time that arc's done Age of X-Man will be over and I expect most of the X-books (all except UXM itself) to relaunch at that point, which could result in a recall.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-06-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Going to be interesting to see how this all gets wrapped up next issue, unless this plans to get followed up after the War of the Realms tie-in issues.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Is Qureshi an original character in Champions? Or is he part of a different series. I never heard of the character before this issue.

Kaldera is in both issues 3 and 4.
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/183214...-for-champions

Don't bother asking Zub to spoil the solo books! Someone asked him who's going with Kamala to space in Magnificent Ms Marvel #3. He knows but he ain't telling! Quite right too. As he says, it's not his place. In fact, the question asker specifically mentioned Nova, and if it's him, it would potentially spoil Champions #4 as well (Kaldera showing up might prompt him to finally call Richard Rider, I hope so).
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/183214...y-your-art-and
    Sigh. I guess that rules out Bruno going to Space with Kamala. Why would Zub know if it’s Bruno. Has to be someone from Champions if Zub knows.

Hopefully we get the preview for magnificent ms marvel #1 later today.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Is Qureshi an original character in Champions? Or is he part of a different series. I never heard of the character before this issue.
    He's a Champions original just like Amka.

Yeah, first appearance was in issue 1 of this volume.