Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/44563-matt...interview.html

Nrama: Speaking of which, Cyclops is part of War of the Realms over in Champions. How does this War affect his mission with the X-Men, who are currently missing and presumed dead?

Rosenberg: Cyclops wants the X-Men to be taking care of "X-Men problems." He has a list of things that he feels like either come from the X-Men, or they are uniquely equipped to speak on it, and that has been his focus. But the end of the world has a way of upending people's plans. For Cyclops this is a good opportunity to throw his list out and do some other stuff like save the world or, in the case of Champions, catch up with your childhood friends who are still children even though you went back in time, came back from the dead, and inherited your memories and emotional connections to those children even though you are now a different person and a grown up.
    That...sounds kind of creepy .

Bear in mind it's the X-Men writer saying that. I bet Zub doesn't interpret it that way.

And I don't think the Champs would appreciate being called "children" - especially Amadeus who is legally an adult.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

https://comichron.com/monthlycomicss...9/2019-02.html

I think Nadia needs to go digital first, she's selling worse than Squirrel Girl and nearly as poor as Moon Girl. The relaunch has done nothing for Champions, it's sales are only 800 up on issue 27.
    Not surprising, I buy all of my books digitally and I'm willing to wager the majority of these books also have their readership dipped heavily in the digital sales.

So I guess we’ll see if Miles finds out Kamala’s identity this issue today. Doubtful cause Bleeding Cool likely would have spoiled it if anything really big happened in Champions 4.

He doesn't. But what did happen is...

spoilers:
    Miles quit the team. Mephisto states he's not done with Miles - they'll probably pick up this plot in issue 7, after War of the Realms. Sam leaves as well, Kaldera isn't pleased that he's not at full power, and wants him to have his powers back before their duel. So she's taken him to get his helmet back - something we know he'll do as there's a character sketch by Cummings at the end of the issue! Nova's going to be back in action soon!
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    spoilers:
    Was Fabio permanently disabled? I thought he was on only a wheelchair until his injuries would be healed.
    end of spoilers
    Soooo how do you do that spoiler cover up thing?

spoilers:
    Miles quit the team. Mephisto states he's not done with Miles - they'll probably pick up this plot in issue 7, after War of the Realms. Sam leaves as well, Kaldera isn't pleased that he's not at full power, and wants him to have his powers back before their duel. So she's taken him to get his helmet back - something we know he'll do as there's a character sketch by Cummings at the end of the issue! Nova's going to be back in action soon!
    end of spoilers
    I can see Miles crying when explaining what happened, but Ms Marvel? Miles was "there" when it happened. Ms Marvel should still be in "leader mode". I'm not saying she can't cry, but right then and there?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

spoilers:
    Mephisto, as expected, only did it to troll Miles, so either Miles will learn to move on from his choice and come out the stronger man, or he'll make an even bigger mistake out of his despair.
    end of spoilers
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So I guess we now know the real significance of Adult Cyclops guest starring in the next issue;

spoilers:
    If there's anyone who can empathize with Kamala about the hardships of making mistakes as a leader, it's Scott.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by nerwrax15 View Post
    soooo how do you do that spoiler cover up thing?
    Like this:
    HTML Code:
    [spoil]spoilers![/spoil]

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Surprising turn. spoilers:
    Kaldera actually being the one person, of all logical people, to help Sam get his Helmet back! For selfish reasons, of course, but still, it seems she's getting results that no one else, not even Rich could.

Now the question lies in whether that subplot will be focused on.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I can see Miles crying when explaining what happened, but Ms Marvel? Miles was "there" when it happened. Ms Marvel should still be in "leader mode". I'm not saying she can't cry, but right then and there?
    Why not? It's an emotional moment for both of them.

spoilers:
    Kamala just found out that she failed in leading the mission, died as a result, and was brought back through Miles agreeing to let Mephisto, of all beings, turn back time. And, worst of all, that an innocent girl now has essentially died in her place. She's been confronted with not just her own failure but the betrayal of a friend, and the guilt of knowing that a life was lost. Should this teenage girl react with stoicism to this? No. That would hardly be normal.
    end of spoilers

As for the issue, again, just rock solid work from Zub and co.. Love the development with Sam this issue. Can't wait to see how that plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So I guess we now know the real significance of Adult Cyclops guest starring in the next issue;

spoilers:
    If there's anyone who can empathize with Kamala about the hardships of making mistakes as a leader, it's Scott.
    end of spoilers
    Mistakes? CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT! Now that I have gotten that out of my system, it makes sense. Kamala ( the version that appears in this comic, I don't read her comic don't @ me) is just Cyclops with all the interesting stuff removed and replaced with fangirl awe and some Lisa Simpson overachiever sprinkled in. So it makes sense that she would have to talk to someone.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 04-04-2019 at 06:43 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Just read the first four issues, poor Kamala. All she trying to is lead. Poor Miles too, living with what happened has to a living hell (pun intended).

I'm also shipping Sam and that psycho space girl.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Just read the first four issues, poor Kamala. All she trying to is lead. Poor Miles too, living with what happened has to a living hell (pun intended).

I'm also shipping Sam and that psycho space girl.

I don't think I've ever seen an American Tsundere until this comic book lol.