Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

To be honest...I think it was CrimsonEchidna who suggested it, but I could see them doing a Marvel Rising-type book in 2020 that encompasses all the various teen heroes in the Marvel Universe.

At this point, short of the MCU introducing the Young Avengers and making that their premier teen hero team, Marvel's attempts at sticking with a specific teen hero group have been doomed to failure in some form or another, so maybe just collect them under one branding.

Zub specified that the Champions characters would continue into the 2020 thing but he didn't specify if it would be as one team or as the Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Another point of contention would be the TPBs. The new one is Champions by Jim Zub vol 1. Isn't that confusing? It's actually his third, and the fifth overall for the team, so people will probably look for volume 5, think it's not listed yet, and not order it. They'll have lost pre-orders because of that. The relaunch was mistimed, there's no denying that.
    Besides all the concrete stuff you are bringing up, did you ever get the feeling that this book was just killing time until Young Avengers came back? Because I did. It just feels like Marvel is waiting to synch things up and with the new phase of the MCU a Young Avengers team isn't far off.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Since the two teams have no common members, I've always thought they could co-exist in the comics, though they'd definitely be merged in the MCU. So it's certainly possible that the new teen team will have members from both. I know it's power duplication, but if that is what's going on, I can see both Stinger and Unstoppable Wasp being used. They're good friends now, since the events of UW #7.

Perhaps two team books would launch. One would be Secret Warriors, the third volume of the Marvel Rising comics. The other would be either Young Avengers or Champions. If that happens, then Kamala's time with the Champs would probably be over, as she's one of Rising's main characters.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-31-2019 at 02:11 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Since the two teams have no common members, I've always thought they could co-exist in the comics, though they'd definitely be merged in the MCU. So it's certainly possible that the new teen team will have members from both. I know it's power duplication, but if that is what's going on, I can see both Stinger and Unstoppable Wasp being used. They're good friends now, since the events of UW #7.

Perhaps two team books would launch. One would be Secret Warriors, the third volume of the Marvel Rising comics. The other would be either Young Avengers or Champions. If that happens, then Kamala's time with the Champs would probably be over, as she's one of Rising's main characters.
    Yeah but doesn’t Rising take place in a alternate universe? Kamala could be part of a team in the 616 while also being part of Rising’s Secret Warriors since I believe their separate continuities. Also their are plenty examples of characters being part of multiple teams at once.

Not in the comics. The Rising comics are set in Earth-616. That's the reason Spider-Gwen wasn't in them, so far.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Riri, Kamala, Miles, Sam, and Rayshaun all cameoed in Death's Head #1.

Preview for issue 8:
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...champions-8-2/

Are we already seeing the effects of the cancellation? Miles and Kamala have been removed from the cast list - replaced by Locust and Power Man. Oddly, Brawn and Wasp are still listed, even though Nadia's not on any future solicited covers and Amadeus has another team - both could end up never coming back. I'm now wondering if the solicit for issue 9 is wrong as well, as that specifically mentions Miles coming back. Remember, something similar happened with Waid's final three issues, when Locust was very prominent on 17's cover only to have a very small role, and the solicits didn't mention the two Vivs story at all (which was probably going to be a separate arc had Waid not left the book).

Summary: spoilers:
    Riri finds Viv inside the destroyed Champions Mobile Bunker, which is in the Visions' garden. She's remote commanding a squad watching an ex-SHIELD base now controlled by the US Army. That squad is Locust, Power Man, and Dust. They see the Freelancers, who manage to get past the guards thanks to an illusion, causing the Champs to be caught off guard. Boom, explosion. Kaldera has fired on them, as she and Sam are flying in to get his helmet!
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Riri, Kamala, Miles, Sam, and Rayshaun all cameoed in Death's Head #1.
    Okay, that is a pleasant surprise. Sam and Rayshaun especially.

Good news and bad news in issue 8...

The good news is Sam's got his powers back... the bad news is what happens in the cliffhanger.

Spectacular Member

I really don’t see how they’ll be able to finish this in two issues given Zub keeps pushing important things to next issue every month... He even advertised a Viv/Riri discussion only for the content to be... well, what happened in the issue. I’m glad the Champions are coming back without him in 2020 because his second run has honestly been thoroughly disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticVision View Post
    I really don’t see how they’ll be able to finish this in two issues given Zub keeps pushing important things to next issue every month... He even advertised a Viv/Riri discussion only for the content to be... well, what happened in the issue. I’m glad the Champions are coming back without him in 2020 because his second run has honestly been thoroughly disappointing.
    I don't think this has really been bad, but the hanging story threads are definitely a problem. I like how he's handled the relationships of the team thus far. Also has it been confirmed that the Champions specifically are coming back and they're not doing something like a Marvel Rising book or folding them into the Young Avengers? I would really like to know if the core team is at least going to remain together at this point.

I'll lose a lot of interest if Champions are relaunched with only the "core" team. I'm loving those episodes featuring Power Man, Snowguard or Locust.
    I don't miss Miles at all because I can enjoy his stories in his own series.

I could never get into Waid's Champions. Zub, on the ther side is good at mixing modern story telling and old school super hero stuff. It's true in that episode: a good fight, some banter, resolution of the Nova plot and a nice cliffhanger.
    I wish he had more time to conclude his stories. But at least wer're getting the end of the Spark plot.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

So what are the chances that whatever is going on with Rri is connected to Mephisto and Blackheart?

Zero. It's connected to the Viv 2.0 story instead.

Incredible Member

Hey, Sam got a slightly updated look, glad its not overly different