Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    #3 variant by former Unstoppable Wasp artist Elsa Charretier.
    I really like the art here

Frankly, what was Kamala thinking here? She knows she's weak to electric attacks, so she shouldn't have taken on Zzzax. She picked the wrong team for this mission.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yet another person asking about mysterious S...
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/182540...mpions-reserve

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Zub
    After Champions #2 arrives this week you’ll have a lot more to ask about instead of just who our mystery “S” hero is…
    https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1092088043618648065

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Zub
    Great advice from Delilah, as always.

When I was building the story for CHAMPIONS #1-4 I approached it in a similar way. I imagined the worst scenario for these young heroes and then figured out how it would change them and their mission...
    Quote Originally Posted by Delilah S. Dawson
    1. What is the worst thing that could happen to your protagonist?
    2. That is now what is happening. Who made it happen?
    3. What is your protagonist doing to stop that from happening?
    4. What is getting in their way?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-03-2019 at 07:40 PM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Oh my God...
    spoilers:
    That last page of the preview was Kamala getting killed. Viv dies too. And I actually predicted this. I was right, her personally fighting Zzzax was a BAD idea.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Damn, Miles, you don't make a deal with the fucking devil! Does no one tell him anything?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Damn, Miles, you don't make a deal with the fucking devil! Does no one tell him anything?
    And he’s supposed to be a successor to Peter Parker’s Spider-Man too. That means DO NOT TRY TO REPEAT THE SAME MISTAKES AS HE DID.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    And he’s supposed to be a successor to Peter Parker’s Spider-Man too. That means DO NOT TRY TO REPEAT THE SAME MISTAKES AS HE DID.
    Does Miles know about Peter's "mistake", does anyone know? And would everyone rather that Kamala and company remain dead? Just like Peter; Miles makes a bad decision for the right reasons (to save his friends). Nothing was selfish about it and it only affects him. The others get their lives back and remember nothing of their deaths, no one can fault him for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh my God...
    spoilers:
    That last page of the preview was Kamala getting killed. Viv dies too. And I actually predicted this. I was right, her personally fighting Zzzax was a BAD idea.
    end of spoilers
    Wow, I also predicted that outcome too
    spoilers:
    I totally knew Kamala was killed, and Miles made a deal to save her. I am pretty shocked I was right, and sad at the same time. Viv being killed too was a surprise tho..
    This issue was surprising, specially at the end.. poor woman
    end of spoilers

Hopefully the Champions can overcome all this

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Does Miles know about Peter's "mistake", does anyone know? And would everyone rather that Kamala and company remain dead? Just like Peter; Miles makes a bad decision for the right reasons (to save his friends). Nothing was selfish about it and it only affects him. The others get their lives back and remember nothing of their deaths, no one can fault him for that.
    Good point, he might not have known.

And I'm happy Kamala and Viv are OK, but still...Oh well, let us feed off of his pain.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Peter doesn't even remember the deal he made, so there was no conversation to be had.

I'm very interested in what it is that Mephisto gets out of his deal. It's like he said he's got plenty of souls, so that can't be it. The cover for issue four is super ominous gives of a possessed kind of vibe, so that could be it. The death of that woman he originally saved is definitely going to be brought up again later if for no other reason than to have the conversation of not placing certain lives over others. Ultimately Miles did make the right decision he couldn't have just let Kamala and Viv die there, not to mention even though that lady died more lives were definitely saved because zzzax was taken down quickly. Overall I really enjoyed this issue and I'm looking forward to what comes next.

Most obvious idea is that the girl would have gone on to do something world-changing like bring true peace to the Middle East, and to Mephisto, it would be bad for his business. So he tricks Miles into killing her by exploiting the fact that it was his fault for saving her that Kamala and Viv died.

Basically, Mephisto wants to see Miles live in eternal torment for how he chose to let an innocent woman who had a meaningful future die just to save his own friends.
    Last edited by Myetche; 02-06-2019 at 12:14 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

I have a feeling that this is going to end up really badly for Miles. since he made the deal, he's going to bear the greatest punishment.

I sincerely hope that this does not end up with his mother... or father... paying the price for this..

.. was there even a physical contract?

What were Mephisto's exact words? I suspect that this may be key to at least potentially addressing the curse...
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 02-06-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I have a feeling that this is going to end up really badly for Miles.

I sincerely hope that this does not end up with his mother... or father... paying the price for this..

.. was there even a physical contract?

What were Mephisto's exact words? I suspect that this may be key to at least potentially addressing the curse...
    No catches, no costs, or so he says. Miles gets a do-over for free, and all he has to do is break his Power & Responsibility mantra by letting an innocent girl die.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Peter doesn't even remember the deal he made, so there was no conversation to be had.
    Yeah, likely the only ones who know are Mephisto and Gwenpool (Gwen knows because she'll have read the comics, and Mephisto obviously isn't going to overwrite his own memory along with everyone else's).